jordandakotanixon

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I got an ESC warning flash up on my A1 alongside orange steering malfunction and ESC lights. The lights sometimes come on but then go off if I turn the car off and back on. When they come on the steering also goes really heavy and as of yesterday a flashing flow plug light appeared.

I had the tracking re-done and the lights went for about 5 days but then re-appeared intermittently. Got it looked at and apparently it needs a new steering angle sensor which I've been quoted a bomb for.

Anyone had this issue before or could give me any advice at all as I feel like I'm getting nowhere?

Hi, there was a concern with water ingress into one of the wiring plugs on the power steering pump under the passenger wing.
IIRC, the middle plug there is a waterproof disc on the connector that got dislodged when the plug was fitted, hence the water ingress and subsequent water into the board of the power steering pump control unit. Have you had the codes read and what age of A1 is it ?

They also had the same concern on 6R Polo and Ibiza when launched. HTH

Reactions: 45bvtc
Hi, there was a concern with water ingress into one of the wiring plugs on the power steering pump under the passenger wing.
IIRC, the middle plug there is a waterproof disc on the connector that got dislodged when the plug was fitted, hence the water ingress and subsequent water into the board of the power steering pump control unit. Have you had the codes read and what age of A1 is it ?

They also had the same concern on 6R Polo and Ibiza when launched. HTH

Yeah I have done but the guy who did it didn't give me any info back - just said the only fault he could see was with the steering angle sensor. It's a 13 plate.

Leave it with me and I'll have a look Monday when I'm back in work.
PM me your VIN and I'll check it out :icon thumright:

Reactions: 45bvtc