A1 auto-fold door mirrors de-coded yet?

erisaman

Reaction score
Hi, I recall seeing folk being disappointed that the folding mirrors on the A1 do not auto-fold when locking the car, so, has the 'code' been de-coded yet?

I had the same problem with the Q3 but they soon found the code to enable Independent Service Agents (not Dealerships) to adjust the code via the Ross-Tech VCDS to allow the doors to be locked, the mirrors fold, then unfold when the ignition is activated prior to starting. I was hoping the boffins on here would have had some success by now?

It can be coded to fold when you lock on the keyfob

Google A1 mirror folding vcds it will bring up the coding sequence

Reactions: erisaman
I'd like to know this for my girlfriends A1 as well, I saw some code, but it differed to what the car's VCDS menu displayed, so I couldn't do it

It can be coded to fold when you lock on the keyfob

Google A1 mirror folding vcds it will bring up the coding sequence
Apologies for slow response but thanks for that, it's something which will re-inforce my intention to get a well equipped Sportback.

Thanks again.

Reactions: daydotz
Just bought new A1 today with folding mirrors option - assumed as brochure indicated that it would fold/unfold only on pressing of internal door button, but it folds on locking and opens when ignition is on!

Hi,

Please see below the VCDS instructions I had and these worked on other members face lifted cars including the S1, but on my car I had a problem below that so far I've not resolved.

The window switches on the drivers door went haywire. The drivers side window switch operated the passenger window and the switch for the passenger window on the drivers side did nothing. I couldn't open the drivers window with either switch. Also the door mirror adjustment was the same, so when the drivers side mirror switch was set to adjust the drivers mirror, the passenger mirror moved, yet moving it to the passenger side, nothing happened. After this everything was put back to the original settings. Please don't be put off and as ever, ensure you take a copy of the settings before you make any changes just in case!

Folding Mirror when Doors Lock]
Select STG 42 (door Electrical driver)
STG Long Coding -> Function 07
Byte 4
Bit 6 Activate

STG 52 (door Electrical front passenger)
STG Long Coding -> Function 07
Byte 4
Bit 6 Activate

My car is a 2016 A1 Black Edition with the Design pack so has folding door door mirrors fitted as part of this pack.

Reactions: Artimus
Reactions: Artimus