A1 2018 SPORTBACK S LINE Space saver

Byron Jones

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2018 sline sportback with the battery in the middle of the boot and I am looking to purchase a space saver spare wheel and tyre to replace the fluid kit if anyone has fitted one of these could you let me know the Audi part number for the wheel and tyre, the wheels on the car are rR17
many thanks
bj

You don’t need to spend a vast amount of money to do this mod, I’ve just done the same for my Mum’s 2018 Sportback as we didn’t like the idea of having no spare.
I ended up buying an 18” Mk 1 TT space-saver from eBay for the grand sum of £40, part number 1J0 601 027M.
I believe this is the same wheel that comes in the Audi “kit” .
I also bought the storage tray that goes over the wheel (when fitted) , but you don’t actually need this tray if you don’t need the various storage compartments.
The plastic screw and nut to hold down the wheel were also fitted, although some say you don’t need these either, I didn’t like the idea of an unsecured wheel so 4G0 803 899 & 4G0 804 899 were purchased too.

Last edited:
You don’t need to spend a vast amount of money to do this mod, I’ve just done the same for my Mum’s 2018 Sportback as we didn’t like the idea of having no spare.
I ended up buying an 18” Mk 1 TT space-saver from eBay for the grand sum of £40, part number 1J0 601 027M.
I also bought the storage tray that goes over the wheel (when fitted) , but you don’t actually need this tray if you don’t need the various storage compartments.
The plastic screw and nut to hold down the wheel were also fitted, although some say you don’t need these either, I didn’t like the idea of an unsecured wheel so 4G0 803 899 & 4G0 804 899 were purchased too.
Hi many thanks for the reply but the bit were you say that about the storage compartments the car we have has the compartments round the
Hi many thanks for your reply please see image is your mom"s car the same as this and did you need to remove the storage compartment to fit the wheel as there seems to be plenty of room to fit the wheel with this left in but I may be wrong

cheers bj

Attachments

• IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 236
Here is the spare wheel well of the car as it came from the factory with a few extra pieces my mum has added , and the plastic screw to hold the spare wheel down.....
AB86ADE8 E53B 4971 812C 7E8ABBFCE71C

The next image shows the space-saver wheel fitted on top of this existing organiser , and secured in place with the spare wheel securing nut.....
E34AC670 2BD9 4E60 A40A 490381E29BCF

I have to admit that I made a bit of a mistake when ordering the parts for this job, in error I bought the storage organiser shown in this last picture as I thought that the foam organiser in the 1st picture above was not used any more!
I had assumed it had to be removed in order to fit the spare wheel but then discovered that not to be the case!
Obviously it fits over the spare wheel (once you have removed the wheel securing nut) and once fitted the wheel nut can be put back in to secure the whole lot down.....
So, you don’t need this last piece really, I was lucky that I picked it up for only £32.95 delivered on EBay and it does give you plenty of additional storage for those essential bits!
0473DD2A 3B54 4F4B 848D EEBC5D9D00BF

Hope that all makes sense.....?

Last edited:
Here is the spare wheel well of the car as it came from the factory with a few extra pieces my mum has added , and the plastic screw to hold the spare wheel down.....View attachment 167485

The next image shows the space-saver wheel fitted on top of this existing organiser , and secured in place with the spare wheel securing nut.....
View attachment 167483
I have to admit that I made a bit of a mistake when ordering the parts for this job, in error I bought the storage organiser shown in this last picture as I thought that the foam organiser in the 1st picture above was not used any more!
I had assumed it had to be removed in order to fit the spare wheel but then discovered that not to be the case!
So, you don’t need this last piece really, I was lucky that I picked it up for only £32.95 delivered on EBay and at least the car still has plenty of storage space under the boot floor....
View attachment 167484

Hope that all makes sense.....?

Hi yes perfect sense thank you very much for your time and effort I can now go forward to source a wheel thanks again you are a credit to the forum

kind regards

bj