1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A word of warning if you are up to no good

L_G Feb 25, 2020

1. L_G

L_G Registered User

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Mobile phones have been doing this too.

tickedon likes this.
  4. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

Incredible all the data that is gathered. Surely only a matter of time before it is used to give tickets for speeding?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

tickedon and WesT-gefül like this.
  5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Whilst car related it isn't exactly really aimed at A4 owners but another brand. It's not really surprising though. Like most things, such as speeding, if you're not doing a thing wrong you've little to fear....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  6. Zippytoo

Zippytoo Registered User

I can safely say that police access to this data will have been considered entirely proportionate and necessary to the level of offence being investigated i.e. murder. It might also be proportionate and necessary for lesser offences, such as burglary; or for immediate life at risk issues, such as a person believed to present a real, serious and immediate threat of self-harm. But, subject to the specific circumstances, police do not have carte blanche to request access to such data for 'low level' offences. Never say never, but there is no routine access to such data for low level speeding offences, that is unless speeding is suspected to be a contributory factor to a serious traffic offence e.g. causing death by dangerous or careless driving - in which case not only location data but data from the ECU itself could well be used to evidence it. As cuke2u says, if you're not doing anything wrong there's nothing to fear here. Indeed, there's much to appreciate, for if you or a family member were to be victim of a serious crime, or life at risk, you'd very much want / expect the police to have the access...

tickedon and Daggerit like this.
  7. SiPie

SiPie Registered User

So as long are you aren’t murdering people with a cross bow we’re all ok ?
    Phew, I can keep the S4 then

tickedon and Inked like this.
  8. S3Lol

S3Lol Registered User

Spoken like a true Copper ;)