A speeding poll

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Been wondering this for a while now.
Remember the talk about GPS systems fitted to your car that would prevent you from speeding, well what are your views. I would go for it if you could do 80mph on motorway.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1102283051ajmackie">

Would you have a speed limiter fitted on your normal everyday car??
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />No way!!
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Yes!! No more fines or sleepless nights for meee!!
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />I would if they increased speed limit to 80mph on mway

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

I agree, what would you do incase of emergency and you have to get somewhere fast your knackered

So whats the failsafe if the drive by wire fails? Close your eyes and hope for the best! Dont know if i could trust that....then again 5 series r so big they'd just plough through anything.

Most motorways sit at about 80+ anyway.
And you cant get done for speeding on a motorway for about 75.
So is an extra 5MPH worth it for having a car thats just restricted to being as usefull as a chocolate T cup.

From my window I've just watched a middle aged 'lady' reverse (not gently) into a parked car.
She was good enough to get out and survey the damage and ,after a few botched attempts at leaving the parking space, drove off ! Her car was a micra!!!! With Parking sensors !!!!!.........my point???
When you remove the element of responsibility and common sense from already [censored] drivers you create a section of the (driving) community who are genuinely DANGEROUS...
ANNUAL DRIVING TESTS FOR ALL - WITH THE TEST RESULTS REFLECTED IN THE INDIVIDUALS INSURANCE PREMIUM.........FAIR ?

[ QUOTE ]
CJ B6 2.0 said:
So whats the failsafe if the drive by wire fails? Close your eyes and hope for the best! Dont know if i could trust that....then again 5 series r so big they'd just plough through anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im told there is 4 "back up" computers ,actualy i dont mind computers,but that is possibly taking things to far i drive a merc actros (truck) eletronic gear box and the ****** thing constantly breaks or dissapears ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They really should start at the bottom and build in to cars fog lights that only work when there is fog, headlights that automatically turn off when a driver parks facing oncoming traffic and a car that leaves it's owners details when he scratches your bumper and drives off oblivious. Oh, and while they are at it one with a loud warning telling people who may never have had to pass a driving test what the national speed limit sign means when they go past it. They seem to think the limit is 40mph whether it is a 30 or 60.
But do any of these people ever get stopped by a gatso - no.

oh well!! me point was wouldn't it be good not to speed in 1st place and then they wouldn't put all these cameras up and our insurance wouldn't go up for getting done!!

Tell me about national speed limits!!! The dual carriage way into Liverpool (from Runcorn bridge) is national speed limit. Obviously 70, but hardly anyone manages that. AND then when the gatso come into view thery brake to aobut 55!! How bloomin annoying!!!!

Some Mercs already have this; set a speed and the car will not exceed it. I'd prob make use of it in 30's etc., where it's too easy to creep up to 33-34.. a friend of my dad's just got done for 32 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Some Mercs already have this; set a speed and the car will not exceed it. I'd prob make use of it in 30's etc., where it's too easy to creep up to 33-34.. a friend of my dad's just got done for 32 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant belive someone getting done for 32 in a 30, the police have to give 3% for speedo inacurracy this means 33mph would be the min they could actually do you for, I would appeal against a ticket for 32mph.

Its why your very unlikely to get a ticket for less than 80 on the motorway, its pretty easy to appeal and not worth the coppers effort in having to turn up in court to prove it.

After using gps speed readout it makes me realise how much my speedo 'over' indicates. Therefore, to get done for 32 his speedo was probably reading 35 or 36. Still unfair.

In the '6 I set the cruise at 40mph through the m25 'works and it's nice and easy but the porsche doesn't have cruise and I was horrified at how easy it was to creep over the limit and potentially get points.

I ended up paying more attention to the ****** speedo than the road. What a hazard I must have been in those narrow lanes.

I think we should all go out and drive past cameras all day setting them off and cause a meltdown of the system....yeah, anarchy @ (that's the middle aged version without the capital A in the middle - even John Lydon's sold out)

[ QUOTE ]
ronny said:
[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:

Cant belive someone getting done for 32 in a 30, the police have to give 3% for speedo inacurracy this means 33mph would be the min they could actually do you for, I would appeal against a ticket for 32mph.

Its why your very unlikely to get a ticket for less than 80 on the motorway, its pretty easy to appeal and not worth the coppers effort in having to turn up in court to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be a bit of a geek, but 3% of 30 is 0.9 mph, so I assume you actually mean 10%?

[ QUOTE ]
BravePilot said:

Sorry to be a bit of a geek, but 3% of 30 is 0.9 mph, so I assume you actually mean 10%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt you could be called a geek for being able to count! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But as for speeding i got ****** over yesterday, roadworks on dual carrigeway, doing 60odd with 50 signs up, mobile camera, cnuts.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Something that would help me keep within the limits would be useful, but it should not stop me going over unless I want it to. Something that actually restricts your speed could be very dangerous if you were overtaking an 18 wheeler at 70 and wind caused it to start veering into your lane, what are you going to do then??

cracking point Marctwo at times its safer to go faster than the speed limit allows. These manouevres must be done as quick as possible!!!!

I have to think that i have the worst speed deterant ever, some of you may have experianced it as well.

THE GIRLFRIEND or WIFE.....
" You relise the speed limit is 70 or 30 don't you "
" You keep speeding them im not putting out tonight "
" Slow down your scaring me "

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CJ B6 2.0 said:
cracking point Marctwo at times its safer to go faster than the speed limit allows. These manouevres must be done as quick as possible!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick and safe overtaking was the main reason I was able to sell the idea of the S3 to my girlfriend. Otherwise I'd have probably ended up with a diesel Clio or something!

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:

Tell me about national speed limits!!! The dual carriage way into Liverpool (from Runcorn bridge) is national speed limit. Obviously 70, but hardly anyone manages that. AND then when the gatso come into view thery brake to aobut 55!! How bloomin annoying!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

the "fordy" is a 60 mph limit mate, and this is because its a terrible road. there are good stretches of it that you could blast down, but the road is like a rollercoaster and the canver throws you all over the show...
the annoying thing about the gatso as you come off the bridge is its just round a bend you cant see round... my mate crashed into a rozzer car there !!!
its hard mate, cos i live in runcorn, and the expressways are like a race track. i have video footage of my bike flying round there.... but its not all good. my best mate was killed on the northwhich bound road, and ive seen a few bad'uns.
take it easy.

sorry to hear that myzeneye. Don't worry, i don't drive like a lunatic, I just wack cruise on at 60 as there is traffic police plain clothed on top of the bridges (norton priory on daresbury epxressway).

I mean that stretch of dual carriageway if you've gone over the bridge, then into the 50mph, past the widnes turn off, then swoops round and into national speed, 70 as dual, and then there is a gatso either side of the road. If on the other side of the road, people always slow down to ridiculous speeds!! Shows that they're not aware!