A small mod to S3 standard wheels (C0Z)

visionthing

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Made a minor mod to my S3 wheels. Wasn't too keen on the standard centre caps. Think it sets off nicely against the Brilliant Black paintwork. The centre caps I found were 55mm so required a small amount of Araldite/Isopon around the prongs to fit snugly. I couldn't find genuine ones in that style that were 57mm, plenty of aftermarket ones though.

IMG 2017

Part no's if anyone is interested
4B0 601 170 A - centre caps

4F0 601 173 A - nut caps

Last edited:
Reactions: Audimad
Good mod but preference would be the standard cover.

That actually looks awesome mate, good mod !

So what did you do with the centre cap, glue them in?

How much did it come to in total?

45 quid, 35 for the centre caps inc shipping and 10 for the nut caps, both sourced from eBay. There is a German seller who sells loads of centre caps (bigibmx) As it is only 2mm difference it just requires a tiny amount of packing to the plastic prongs, glue/plastic weld/isopon would work as a permanent fix or even just some electrical tape/masking tape wrapped round the prongs. They therefore pop on and off as normal and are not glued to the wheel.

I have a feeling that four of these caps from a dealer is in the region of 80-90 quid which is ridiculous, having said that I didn't enquire so you might be pleasantly surprised.

45 quid, 35 for the centre caps inc shipping and 10 for the nut caps, both sourced from eBay. There is a German seller who sells loads of centre caps (bigibmx) As it is only 2mm difference it just requires a tiny amount of packing to the plastic prongs, glue/plastic weld/isopon would work as a permanent fix or even just some electrical tape/masking tape wrapped round the prongs. They therefore pop on and off as normal and are not glued to the wheel.

I have a feeling that four of these caps from a dealer is in the region of 80-90 quid which is ridiculous, having said that I didn't enquire so you might be pleasantly surprised.

So it's all genuine stuff then? I think I will definitely do this but would most likely go with 57mm caps to ensure a perfect fit with no gluing / tape involved. Not seen this done before but it applies to a lot of Audi's wheels really.

Update - I ordered these > 4 x AUDI ALLOY WHEEL CENTRE CAPS A3 A4 A6 A8 S4 Q5 TT S LINE, 68mm BLACK/CHROME | eBay from eBay just to see if they fitted any better than the OEM ones and they did. Straight on, clicked in, no movement . The quality is excellent indistinguishable from the OEM ones and are now remaining on the car. The best bit is they were £8.99 inc delivery for a set of four and ordered yesterday at 3.00pm, they were here this morning.

Update - I ordered these > 4 x AUDI ALLOY WHEEL CENTRE CAPS A3 A4 A6 A8 S4 Q5 TT S LINE, 68mm BLACK/CHROME | eBay from eBay just to see if they fitted any better than the OEM ones and they did. Straight on, clicked in, no movement . The quality is excellent indistinguishable from the OEM ones and are now remaining on the car. The best bit is they were £8.99 inc delivery for a set of four and ordered yesterday at 3.00pm, they were here this morning.

Though they were 57mm not 68mm?

Good idea, don't want the other ones falling off as you drive do you lol.

Those centre caps look great!
So much so, I've just ordered a set on line.
Even though my car is build week 37, it makes me feel a bit closer!!