A sad day in my house

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
Some of you may understand this, some won't.

We took our cat to the vet's today, as he had a bad cough.

And sadly, he isn't coming back.

Poor little fecker, I am gutted as well as the missus and the kids.

Some will say, 'it's only a cat' , but he was a part of our family and loved by us all.

R.I.P Tigs

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00874-1.jpg

I know what you mean mate.Its so sad to loose it as sometimes they be better then people.My lovely one always waiting for us and we all love him.

Aw! so sorry for you all. Leaves a huge hole, they really are part of the family! Sad times...

soo know what you mean, we had to lose our cat about six months ago after 19 years with us, was heart breaking!!

sorry about that mate. they have short lives but we do our best to make them good lives..:)

Feck sake mate I feel for yer I really do as I have 3 of the kitties here & my day isnt complete without a fuss being made of them, I'm not afraid to admit when they go astray in summer(pimping themselves) for days I get worried & it sucks to lose part of the family as such, sorry mate sincerely I am, if I lost one of my ladies I'd be fairly upset as I raised them all from kittens & some from birth as such.

May I ask what the cough was overall, must have been bad to come to this sad end.

Tbh,not sure how old he was:)

Think he was about 14, so not a bad age I guess.

He had a hard start in life, and we gave him a home when he was around 4 (no one knew his real age) .He was in a cat rescue place and we had to take him, because he was a man's cat !

He was top cat round dour way for a long time, even took a few dogs on in his time.

Thanks for all the replies guys, needed to get this off my chest, as I'm feeling kinda down about it :(

The cough turned out to be a growth in his throat.

At first, we just thought he had eaten some of the lads lego!

They had to knock him out to see what was up with his throat, and when they found what they did, they explained that the only real way to go was to put him to sleep, as he was struggling to breath, and wouldnt have made it through the recovery.

One of the worst things i have had to do in a long time, telling the vets to put him to sleep.

One of the worst things i have had to do in a long time, telling the vets to put him to sleep.

Know where you are at, I had to do the same with our Boxer, she ended up having cancer of the bladder and we were told the same so the vet suggested it best not to revive her, a decision I had to make on the phone, was sooo hard and I still miss her now. Feel for you.

mate im totally with you... we lost our boxer pup alfie, he wasn't even two. he died under anaesthetic during an operation on his foot. went to asda while they performed the 'routine op' and came back to him on a slab, still warm. one of the worst days of my life.

have his ashes in my living room cant bring myself to scatter them. some of our friends don't get it but i think those with family pets do.

good news is there is a baby on the way on November so I'm sure I wont have time to think about it soon!

Mo

I feel for you mate, but you made the right decision.
You've given him a good life after his tough start and for this you should be proud!
Time's a healer, but the good memories will always be with you.

So sorry to hear this, have a pet lab myself an couldn't imagine what your goin through. R.I.P tigs

too bad sorry to hear that mate. our ones on the way out too, sure its got dimensia its about 14 yr old and goes from acting like a cat to a kitten on a coin drop.

l had to let go of my cocker , poppy, last year. she was 14 had gone blind, deaf and had growths. she was still spritely and would follow us around the house. so much so she was a walking hazzard. we knew that the growths could have went at any time. l couldnt deal with that having seen it before, and couldnt bear to let the wife or daughter find her in a state when l was away. it cut me up real bad for months. but we still have her with us. we have a cat that we rescued years ago, 10 now, and he was pining for the dog. l visited the rescue centers and got a home visit. we went to have a look at these two ginger toms and came away with Alfie. Spooky thing is Alfie was born the day our Poppy went to sleep. Time heals, memories live on.

You did the best thing by the cat Dude, good on you for giving it a caring home and obviously loving it too.

Thanks for all the posts people. It's nice to know there are a lot of like minded people around.

It has been weird today, I haven't tripped over the cat once, and the house is strangely quiet.

I feel a bit better know that I made the right decision, thanks to you lot.

Thanks again
:icon_thumright:

I feel for you too mate

I could be joining you in this boat,

I've got an Old cat but he's got trouble with his back legs, poor thing, he's going to the vets next week, just hoping we won't have to say goodbye as well!

Aw bad times mate, got no pets myself by I know what it's like from when my gf's cat died and how devastated she was, didn't help help that it was her next Door naighbour who poisoned it:(

Sorry to hear scottie. We can't help you with much here but are around if you need to vent or moan :)

Sorry to hear of this dude, hope you are ok, and as already mentioned, you have done right by kitty as they are hopefully going to be in a better more peaceful place.

RIP

Always sad losing a pet , i came home one day after having my cat for 7 years and my fecking mam had took my cat to the cat home and gave it away ...I was and still am ****** off about that it was like a death cos i never saw him again ..... How i miss MR woo

Bad times mate - We lost our car Missy 3 years ago also - She didn't seem ill at all and then just went funny, having fits etc.
She was one bad mo fo though... We used to have flat where communal gardens backed our garden - We used to sit there and watch as Missy chased anything that came near our flat... foxes, dogs, male cats, you name it :lmfao: She was a mental hard case for a small black cat!

We still miss her even though we got another cat about 18 months on.

I'm not a cat guy, but I do feel for you. We have always had dogs, and it breaks my heart when they go! Are you going to get another one?

Sorry to hear about your poor pussy cat.....

We actually don't have any pets as both wife & I work full time, and with young 2 kids we don't have the time to look after any pets....

BUT....for the past 8 years a near neighbours grey british shorthaired cat (with a lovely friendly temperament) used to make itself really at home with us - we never fed it, but it loved all the attention we could ever give it....we were gutted to hear that it got run over on our estate :-(

So feel for you

Really feel for you.

Had to have out cat put to sleep last October, just a month short of his 15th birthday, our little man had feline lymphoma and although we tried chemo it wasn't working .... not too ashamed to say I couldn't be in the room when the vet put him to sleep.

R.I.P