A real hard gear change

Lovric Nikola Martin

Reaction score
Yesterday upon full acceleration, dynamic mode, I had a real rough gear change, maybe between 3rd or 4th gear. It was seriously hard and the whole car felt like it bolted. I was afraid something broke. I slowed down, everything seemed normal. Pulled hard again and all felt normal. Is this something to worry about? I am running stage1 tune.

I've had it happen a few times between 1st and 2nd once up to temp, haven't ever worried really as I can count on 1 hand how many times it's happened over the last year.

Its normal, mines done it once. I mentioned it to Audi and they said it's when the S-Tronic box gets a little confused as to what it wants to do so it has a bit of a panic but it wont allow damage to itself

Thanks for the replies. I had it happens maybe three times since I bought the car about a year ago. I try not to go full blast within the first five minutes after a cold start now.

Thanks for the replies. I had it happens maybe three times since I bought the car about a year ago. I try not to go full blast within the first five minutes after a cold start now.

Only five minutes?!

I wait until my oil temp is above 80 before pushing it and that usually takes a good 10-15 mins depending on conditions.

Reactions: Lovric Nikola Martin
Pretty sure the recommended temp was about 85 deg before caning it. I’ve got my oil temp permanently showing on the dash, saves scrolling.

Reactions: Lovric Nikola Martin
I did get OBDEleven so I will add the oil temp thing to the dash to keep it in check :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Martinbanshee
One of the benefits of VC is that it's there all the time.

Reactions: Lovric Nikola Martin and Martinbanshee