A rant to finish a stressful day ..

Alex_Wil

S3 - DSG - Black Edition - TTE Hybrid Turbo
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Need to get this out .....

After a stressful day of work I wanted a nice relaxed drive home in the slow lane.

Next thing I know I've got a silly merc a45 amg pull up next to me on the a21. I was in no mood to drive fast yet the t**t decides to persist driving next to me in the fast lane looking at me . Then he decides to put his foot down to try and prove a point to be immediately slowed down about 100 yards by slow traffic ... at least give yourself a 1/4

Silly rant I know but very annoying Mercedes driver with a big ego !

Guarantee it'll be a company car or lease guy too lol

Reactions: doctor46goat and Alex_Wil
I find this very annoying, similar thing happened in my S3 the other weekend when I was returning home from a meal on the M60 in Manchester which has average speed camera's set at 50mph.
A driver in a BMW 135i pulled up next to me with his passenger waving forward to incite a race, I refused to react as I had my mum and dad on board and didnt fancy risking getting points especially after 1600 drivers got done on the M6 average speed cameras recently. He must have reached 100mph after he shot off, to which I thought then what an idiot risking points like that.
Fair play it shifted and sounded nice but he'll be getting a nice letter in the post at some point.

Reactions: Alex_Wil
That's probably very true jdp !

Don't get me wrong everyone likes to have fun but at least look at what's in front of you and know the road because he just made himself look stupid ! Lol

On the way back from work I passed the remains of a bumper and bits left from a crash earlier in the day,I say do it on a trackday as at least you have the full support of the track if you do come off.
Silly doing it on the public highway on busy roads.

Reactions: S3Alex and Alex_Wil
I had the same sort of thing happen to me. I was driving down a country lane when this idiot in a company car came flying up behind me. As we approached some red temporary light he overtook me and went through followed by an unmarked police car. How I laughed when I passed him 200 metres later

Reactions: voorhees, doctor46goat, Forbzeeee and 1 other person
I had the same sort of thing happen to me. I was driving down a country lane when this idiot in a company car came flying up behind me. As we approached some red temporary light he overtook me and went through followed by an unmarked police car. How I laughed when I passed him 200 metres later
Good one.

There are a lot of unmarked police cars where we are and I did have to laugh when to idling home in the Citroen one day and a Ferrari goes past at Warp speed.

Passes a diesel BMW in the layby which of course nails him a little further down the road.

Reminds me of the new model S5 pilot that drove up my boot recently.....
Obviously he got left behind but then the idiot does it again....and again.
Took him 4 goes to work out that his car was not faster and that didn't include a warp speed run.

Reactions: voorhees, Compkiler, S3 AEX and 3 others
Hahaha Alex why didn't you just laff at him and code out 400bhp don't want to waste my fuel on you mate! :)

If it was clear and not Rush hour I would of had to do him and prove a point but there's a time and place for everything ;)

But the S3 tuned is the sleeper of cars as it will embarrass quite a lot of things on the road.

Reactions: Compkiler, S3Alex and Alex_Wil
Mount a programmable led message board on the back and have fun :)

Reactions: Ash187, S3Alex, Sandra and 1 other person
Hahaha Alex why didn't you just laff at him and code out 400bhp don't want to waste my fuel on you mate! :)

If it was clear and not Rush hour I would of had to do him and prove a point but there's a time and place for everything ;)

But the S3 tuned is the sleeper of cars as it will embarrass quite a lot of things on the road.

Exactly that .A day were i couldn't make money because sorting out other peoples work so no chance i was going to waste my fuel on him ;)

It wasnt a road were you could see nothing for miles it was in the middle of rush hour so just an idiot!

Mount a programmable led message board on the back and have fun :)

VERY TEMPTED ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
If I had an S/RS car I would debadge , loose the silver mirrors and maybe finish with a 1.6 badge .

Reactions: Sayam
I have a mate who is on this forum that has a nicely done up 1.6 but refuses to debadge it for the sole reason that some tw*t will try to race him.

My life and car is far more precious that his merc company car a45 ;) haha

Good to see people see my car as standard but little do they know - Brakes can be a give away though !

Reactions: voorhees and RedDejavu
Check this out what I have to deal with on daily basis on my way back from the gym :).

Really wanted to pull him over and have a chat ;) :box:

Reactions: Sandra and Alex_Wil
Don't blame you ! surprised he didn't loose it lol

I want to get a dash cam but not sure what one to get as everyone has different views! i want nice , cheap and easy one to install!

I think dashcams should be standard in all new cars. Its the only way to protect yourself in this day and age. Nice music Matt, Anathema if i not mistaken. :)

Reactions: S3Alex, RedDejavu and Alex_Wil
I want to get a dash cam but not sure what one to get as everyone has different views! i want nice , cheap and easy one to install!

I've spent ages looking around and then ended up spending around £120 on the Nextbase 402. It does the job nicely, easy to install, no overheating problems and for the money you cant get anything with better picture. Only downside is very short battery life when not connected and no wifi.

I think dashcams should be standard in all new cars. Its the only way to protect yourself in this day and age. Nice music Matt, Anathema if i not mistaken. :)

Ha That's true, I really adore Anathema, Queen & Dream Theater, these are my beloved bands from childhood:D. Surprised you've spotted that as they are not that popular:)

On the topic side I really understand how sometimes we like to show off who's got the bigger 'carballs' and its fine as long we drive responsibly (i.e. no other cars around) and within our own and the car's limitations:). Shame that most take it too far and turn the roads into a race track with no limits.

Reactions: Alex_Wil, Sandra and voorhees
Don't really ever get to put the boot in as for the lovely London traffic but my dash cam has certainly caught a few shocking moments mainly private cabs and the boy wannabe racers.
I spent ages comparing dash cams and finally brought a DOD ls430w which I think is a nifty bit of kit.
And I completely agree what sandra said dash cams should be made standard in new cars and insurers should make them compulsory to catch out dangerous drivers.

Reactions: Sandra and Alex_Wil
I've spent ages looking around and then ended up spending around £120 on the Nextbase 402. It does the job nicely, easy to install, no overheating problems and for the money you cant get anything with better picture. Only downside is very short battery life when not connected and no wifi.

Ha That's true, I really adore Anathema, Queen & Dream Theater, these are my beloved bands from childhood:D. Surprised you've spotted that as they are not that popular:)

On the topic side I really understand how sometimes we like to show off who's got the bigger 'carballs' and its fine as long we drive responsibly (i.e. no other cars around) and within our own and the car's limitations:). Shame that most take it too far and turn the roads into a race track with no limits.

I'll have a look into getting one ! Do seem like they could be very useful in the long run . How does it connect to the car when it needs charging / power if the battery doesn't last

Don't really ever get to put the boot in as for the lovely London traffic but my dash cam has certainly caught a few shocking moments mainly private cabs and the boy wannabe racers.
I spent ages comparing dash cams and finally brought a DOD ls430w which I think is a nifty bit of kit.
And I completely agree what sandra said dash cams should be made standard in new cars and insurers should make them compulsory to catch out dangerous drivers.

Another model to look at! Need one that's easy and convenient to use . I'm sure dash cams will eventually be part of an insurance package when you take one out !

This model ticked all the boxes for me and it's really simple to use it starts recording as soon as you connect power to it was looking at the transcend drivepro 200 but I though it looked too big the dod fits snug under the rear mirror it's the same shape as the mirror so not obvious

How do you connect that one to the car for power . Easy job ?

It's a cigertte light job but I brought a hard wire extender with another plug from eBay for a couple quid as still wanted to use the 12v for phone charging etc and just took the feed from the original 12v cigertte really easy I'll get a pic for you tomorrow so you can see what I done

That would be really helpful . Thankyou! If you have any links to parts and pics I'd really appreciate it :)

Thought about getting one of these on previous cars. Might finally get around to investing in one as well! If I can hide away the wires though!

ls430 is another model worth considering. I was actually choosing between them two. Dont bother spending more than 150 as it gives you next to nothing in terms of extra performance/image quality etc. Most options are just gimmicks anyway. Both are very easy to fit and drain nearly no power when car is stationery. I use mine nearly 3 months now and never had any starting up issues.

Thought about getting one of these on previous cars. Might finally get around to investing in one as well! If I can hide away the wires though!
Really easy to hide the wires they just push up under the head lining and really easy to hide easy to hide else where too can't seem to post pics up as my urls on photobucket won't work

Really easy to hide the wires they just push up under the head lining and really easy to hide easy to hide else where too can't seem to post pics up as my urls on photobucket won't work

Hmm might pick up a cheap one and have a play around. I assume they must come with a good length of wire though?

story of my life exactly what you experienced there

My old car a heavily modified 1.8 corsa c sri, i had so many similar cars (kids i imagine) that would try race me.... dont think they were aware it was a bit of a sleeper!

As for my S3 on the way home from buying it, some god awful looking chav in a FN2 CTR with the loudest exhaust possible came dead level with me and was waiting for me to do something, therefore I put my foot down left him for dead when i took my foot of the pedal and he eventually caught up i just slowed down and let him speed off. Lesson learned, dont **** with the quattro!

Reactions: RedDejavu and Alex_Wil
See I'm starting to wish I put my foot down ! Would of bee a good watch as the a45 amg are not slow cars ! But there is a time and a place and rush hour wasn't it :)

Reactions: RedDejavu
Willk a dashcam record someone denting your car in a supermarket, by smashing their door against you? can it show all around the car and can it record only when it detects a movement.