A question for Sachs organic performance clutch users on the S3.

CJ3BLUE

Reaction score
What type of DMF flywheel did you fit when you upgraded to the Sachs organic performance clutch??

Thanks in advance Chris.

I will be running LUK by the looks of things. If anyone has a sachs DMF could they please share the part numbers as according to Audi and Sachs there is not a DMF for the S3 8P

Cheers Davie

Just a quick update, got the car back and the juddering is gone:thumbsup: seems the clutch was just settling in woooo. There is a little movement in the pedal before biting point but nothing excessive. Clutch feels a million times better than standard, bite point is very accurate and feels far more precise than the standard unit. Cant wait for my Autotech HPFP and MV Sport Downpipe now :)
Cheers Davie

Great news Davie !! I ordered my clutch today should get it tomorrow.....just need to tap my mate up to get it fitted !
Cant wait ...just cant get the power down at all !!

Enjoy mate and cheers for your help !

No problem, with a brand new DMF and performance clutch it will be spot on, you will have a little travel in the pedal as i mentioned above but it does not effect the operation of the clutch at all. I wish i had changed sooner its far superior to the OEM clutch.

Davie

Just a quick update, got the car back and the juddering is gone:thumbsup: seems the clutch was just settling in woooo. There is a little movement in the pedal before biting point but nothing excessive. Clutch feels a million times better than standard, bite point is very accurate and feels far more precise than the standard unit. Cant wait for my Autotech HPFP and MV Sport Downpipe now :)
Cheers Davie
Hello, I would like to ask you as I installed yesterday the same set up as you (Sachs performance kit + new DMF by Luk) and I am having the same trouble (substantial judder on first and reverse and 'different'pedal feel (travel before engaging ,then instant bite when releasing and quite harder than oem)).After how many miles did the juddering stop?In order for that to happen how did you bed it in?City commuting with many gear changes?when you start moving in first do you rev the car more (in order to reduce the judder)or not?
Thanks for any help!!

it took around 1000miles to bed in, during this time do not drive the car hard as you could damage the clutch. Once its bedded in its great :)

Davie

Ill second that mines smooth as silk :icon_thumright:

I thought sachs did an uprated DMF for the S3

Nah - you stick an OEM one in (or at least that was the case when I got mine but things may have changed since then).

Still Oem mate (LUK), sachs only do the single mass flywheel at present .........

And whatever you do don't buy it off Audi ! lol
I got mine online for £270 delivered :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Still Oem mate (LUK), sachs only do the single mass flywheel at present .........

And whatever you do don't buy it off Audi ! lol
I got mine online for £270 delivered :icon_thumright:
Totally true,before I bought the Luk oem DMF I searched for the rummored Sachs oem DMF literally everywhere whitout luck (I am actually not in the UK but in Greece) but it seems its Just a rummor..
And definatelly do not by the Luk DMF from the dealler.I bought mine directly from Luk and the difference was huge!:w00t:

How much workshop time does it take to fit a DMFW?

Took me and my mate about 6 hrs he's a qualified motor engineer with his own garage etc and had only done a tt previously.
I'd imagine the Audi techs to be quicker just to give you an idea.

Guys! Just to confirm, is this the right flywheel for the S3 from LUK?

Part Number: 415033110
Price: £207.09+vat

Who on here is running their 8P S3 with a Helix clutch? Need to confirm performance compared to sachs and price!

Thanks

Last edited:
Thats the baby.......have no issues with the Sachs its bedded in great and feels almost Oem .

i ve heard good things about helix , think they are top of the tree in the clutch dept:icon_thumright: