A Question about Tires..

Daniel Knight

Reaction score
I recently bought some Rotiform BLQ DDT (19x8.5) which came with 215/35/19 stretched tires. I have never had stretched tires before and I don't know how safe they are. I have looked online and from what I can tell I have a pretty minimal stretch but is anybody clued up on what I should look out for or whether I should just fit some wider tires?

(Sorry if this is a repeated question!)

11043527 10206335805291041 5191295529691054679 n

fit tyres suited to your car which will be listed in the drivers door jam or inside the fuel filler flap.

stretched tyres are dangerous, illegal and will fail a mot.

Seems like you have 3 things wrong there.
1 stretched tyres, not the best idea especially with very low profile tyres as a loss of air will end up with the tyre off the rim when cornering.
2. They look like Triangle tyres, possibly one of the worst ones out there.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Triangle/TR968.htm
3 . Have you got a wheel bolt missing .

Seems like you have 3 things wrong there.
1 stretched tyres, not the best idea especially with very low profile tyres as a loss of air will end up with the tyre off the rim when cornering.
2. They look like Triangle tyres, possibly one of the worst ones out there.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Triangle/TR968.htm
3 . Have you got a wheel bolt missing .

Ha. At the time I took this pic I didn't have the locking wheel nut in, now I do!

Hmm. I think my best move is buying wider tyres. The car feels solid although I am wary when cornering. Thanks for the advice!

The whole stretched tyre thing works on a show car, but if you own an S3 and drive at speed, (just an assumption aha) then taking corners with a few mm of sidewall is risky business in my books

fit tyres suited to your car which will be listed in the drivers door jam or inside the fuel filler flap.

stretched tyres are dangerous, illegal and will fail a mot.
I assumed from his spelling of tyres he would not be worried about mot. But then noticed he comes from Bucks.
Maybe originally from across the pond?