A little help?

ello mate,i don't have an s3 but i got a 1.8t.my temp gauge rarely moves apart from when sitting in traffic eitha.i think it's like it cos thats how it's meant to be tbh.when the cars moving the air through the bumper and intercooler keeps the engine really cool.it's only when sitting still the cars heat rises due to lack of cool air being blown in/on it.i may be wrong though

morgan306 you need a new thermostat, the temp gauge should go up to 90oC and stay regardless of whether your cruising on the motorway or in traffic, your thermostat could be stuck open

Rolty yours is almost definately knackered too then.
Cheers Sandip,any idea whether that is the right part that I have posted the link to?

If my car thinks the coolant is cold all the time would it be affecting performance or is it a separate sensor for the ecu?

yeh does sound like mines knackered also!will be having a look under there soon as i get a chance,any1 know where you can pick 1 up from apart from audi?

Had similar trouble when i bought my s3. replaced the thermostat and all fine now. gsf sell them and euro car parts probably will aswell.