A little help please

m99gac

Reaction score
Right as I previously said recently picked up my new black edition 1.8t which has now done 350 miles. Been back at garage twice with a rattle from the rear parcel shelf area but twice have said can't find anything, but is still there.

Has anyone else experienced this, I thought it was the speaker surround or something but it all seems fairly tight and it doesn't do it all the time. It is driving me nuts!!!

Don't seem to have it with mine, it's 4 weeks old and covered 1000 miles. Get them to go out a drive with you so they can hear it

I had dash rattles which they sorted. Over bumps my windows judder but I'm getting used to it. I do hate rattles!

how are you finding your mpg?

I have had my new A4 Black Edition for 7 weeks 3000 miles done and my driver door has a rattle that is intermittent and it's not obvious where the sound is comming from ..... The other issue I'm having is with my head lights they seem to shake a lot when you hit bumps but the garage says they are fine ...

The lights shake in the housing or the beam shakes? With the be the xenons are standard, these have self levelling adjusters that will move to keep the beam at a set height.

The lights shake in the housing or the beam shakes? With the be the xenons are standard, these have self levelling adjusters that will move to keep the beam at a set height.

I have to say im not sure ... the garage removed the bulbs and re installed them to make sure they were not loose so it must be the beam that is shaking ...

I had dash rattles which they sorted. Over bumps my windows judder but I'm getting used to it. I do hate rattles!

how are you finding your mpg?

Can I ask why you moved from the 2.0 TDi to the 1.8 TFSi ?

I went from circa 20k miles pa to 7k miles. Also the petrol was cheaper than the diesel model to buy and petrol engine is more refined.