A Great Car to Own

Urban Sports

Reaction score
Thought I'd balance out the frustrating car to own thread with the things that I really like.

I'm very surprised at the 2.0 TFSI engine, mine is the 190 and coming from some fast BMWs in the past and most recently an F30 330d I thought I might be disappointed but not at all it performs far beyond my expectations.

Fuel economy is excellent I can easily achieve 40 mpg normal driving and 30 long term mainly due to my commute.

The way it looks, black edition in white with the rotor alloys and gloss black trim looks fantastic and genuinely gets more comments than either of my S2000's or my Z4M roadster ever did.

Refinement is second to none, very quiet, the gearbox on the move is superb, very smooth and very responsive in manual mode.

Handling, nothing wrong with it for a modern saloon car, plenty of grip and only understeers if it's really pushed, then again the F30 would do the same.

After 5 BMWs would I get another Audi, frustrations aside from my other thread, probably.

:)

Reactions: cuke2u, DohNut and Daggerit
Nice to hear more positive comments. I think the negatives are thrown at the gearbox mostly. More to the point, the software controlling it.
Can't say I had any issues when i had my two test drives last year. It's even better in manual mode as you say, although i wouldn't really want to use it otherwise I'd order a manual.

Good to hear about your experience with the 190 TFSI. What with the dealer not having one at the time of test driving, I’ve yet to experience it.
Also, I’ve yet to see one in the flesh with the 19” wheels I’ve ordered too!

DohNut. Do you mean like this?

Upload 2018 4 7 22 21 2

Reactions: Jsmills
They’re nice wheels. I have them on my S4.compared to the diamond cut, they’re also more foregivig when you kerb them . Blemishes not so obvious ,,

Very impressed with my S4... as a day to day cruiser it’s refined . Much more than my old 335xd,,,

Thought I'd balance out the frustrating car to own thread with the things that I really like.

The way it looks, black edition in white with the rotor alloys and gloss black trim looks fantastic and genuinely gets more comments than either of my S2000's or my Z4M roadster ever did.

:)

Always fancied an S2000, still do actually.

Always fancied an S2000, still do actually.
I had my first for 2 years and loved it I went on holiday in it, tracked it and had the roof down whenever possible, I sold it, regretted it and bought another within 2 months.

Prices are only going one way now and I wished I kept my second one :(

Reactions: SteveMcB
Had my current A4 for almost 7 months now, wasn’t sure about the wheels when I first purchased (both of my previous cars were BE) but they’ve really grown on me, have kerbed one but haven’t yet got it sorted as it is far less noticeable than the rotors were on the last 2 cars.

889b0170b312a5107d863fd5fb014264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Paul Golding, Spaceman_RS3, Jsmills and 1 other person