A fun little thing that weirded me out this morning...

Jamie TDI140

Bearded Coal Chucker
Reaction score
So I was just setting out for work, and since buying the car at the beginning of March this year, it's the coldest morning i've dealt with so far (5*C - I know it's hard to believe this is the coldest morning up to now seeing as it's England) so I started the car, put the heaters on and stood outside having a quick smoke (tut tut) and I see my mirrors starting to steam... wtf!?... I even put my hand over the mirror to see if it was hot from the electric motor burning up or something stupid haha :shrug:

quick google search and apparently I seem to have temperature controlled heated mirrors, who knew haha.

just wondered if anyone else has accidentally found little things on their cars that they weren't aware of.

Jamie.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Third sun visor? Do you mean the little one found behind the rear view mirror?

I use it quite a lot to be honest. great little idea!

Another I thought of was the fuel filler flap. my other cars had a little bit to put your finger in and pull out, and the A3's you obviously push it to pop it out... I was looking for a button in the dash/door/roof/glovebox, pretty much everywhere haha. I even looked in the user manual which is when I realised my stupidity :sweatsmile:

"I even looked in the user manual which is when I realised my stupidity :sweatsmile: "
That's always the last step for a male :-D

Reactions: Jamie TDI140