A few questions

Seanchadwick2k3

Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition
Reaction score
Hello people

Gave my car her second wash since ownership and have noticed a few things that are bugging me.

When waxing I noticed a lot of stone chips some of which have rust in the centre. Do I need to remove this rust before correcting? If so any tips on how without damaging the surrounding areas?

Also ive found the genuine audi touch up kit that comes with a clear coat, are these any good or would I be better with a kit from a different brand?

When cleaning the rear bumper I felt a load of clear coat runs on the bottom just above the diffuser. Looks like its had a partial respray with a very rough *** lacquer. Could I just take this down with some really fine wet and dry and Polish out?

You cant really see it but now I know its there its bugging me!

Cheers dudes

Just thought of another question I have. I bought a meguiars clay kit which ive not really used properly yet other than a very small patch on one door. The clay has got loads of brown streaks in it just from this one patch.

Im going to assume the car has never been clayed before so am I going to need a lot more clay or should the piece that came in the kit be enough?

Ive never done this so dont really know when it needs replacing.

Just thought of another question I have. I bought a meguiars clay kit which ive not really used properly yet other than a very small patch on one door. The clay has got loads of brown streaks in it just from this one patch.

Im going to assume the car has never been clayed before so am I going to need a lot more clay or should the piece that came in the kit be enough?

Ive never done this so dont really know when it needs replacing.

Can help you out with the clay question the clay that you have got should be enough as you just using a small piece really as you can remould if it’s not in a bad state and re use it, bascially all you do is mould the clay in a flat shape with your hands and then get your clay lube/detail spray and go over the whole car keeping the panel you are working on lubricated then go over with the clay and remoulding it when it gets to dirty also don’t drop the clay on the ground, have a look on YouTube also if you are unsure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Seanchadwick2k3
Cheers mate, going to give it a go next time I clean her as I seen lots of tar spots on the bottom of the doors. Just a bit qorried about using it when it too dirty when I dont know what too dirty is! Guess its a bit of trial and error really

Reactions: Audib5fan
Loads of YouTube videos as @Audib5fan says. I watched a couple and then it was a doddle!

Reactions: Seanchadwick2k3 and Audib5fan