A few questions about the S3 8V

Joe4842

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im looking at buying an S3 8V sometime next year (ages away yes I know but im keen to develop a good understanding of one before I fully decide) at the moment I drive a 15 plate fiesta zetec s nothing special but its an okay little car.

I know a lot of people say the S3 feels boring despite having 300Bhp. 300 is a big step up from 125 in my fiesta but presumably I will find that more than sufficient for a while performance wise? I'm asking this because I'm assuming a lot of the 'its a fast but boring car' is coming from people who have had high performance cars beforehand whereas I have not. so yeah I guess that question was surely I cant find a 300bhp car boring compared to what I have previously had can I?

Another thing is opinions on colour, Sepang Blue looks nice but seems to be fairly common, my ideal would be to get it wrapped Nardo Grey with black alloys (opinions?) I know there will be mixed opinions but I just wanna hear what you guys think.

I know getting a car wrapped will not be cheap, however what sort of cost will it be to get the alloys done gloss black?

The final worry is, I live up north and spend a lot of my miles on back roads (fun to drive but very mucky) if anyone has knowledge about wraps, how durable are they as I don't want to get the s3 done and then all the mud behind the wheel arches and such like ruining the wrap, will it chip/tear?

I know a lot of what I have asked is all a matter of opinion but im happy to hear what you guys think on the matter(s)

Cheers

Joe