a few progress pics of the bt

found this pic as well size difference between ko4 and gt3076r

DSC00271.jpg

You can still drive it about on low boost. I notice the lump idle, ECU should adapt to solve that unless you have a vacuum leak.

Out of interest, which exhaust housing a/r did you go for?

Anti-surge inlet looks mean! :)

.82 i think it is would love to take it out properly got no mot or tax being mot'd next week though...

any ideas what the plastic tube that goes into the tip does aint plumbed it in yet thats why i think i have lumpy idle

Jim, you are going to thank yourself for getting those supertech valves then as you'll be needing to rev that thing way past the stock rev limit. It's going to be lag....lag....lag.........WOOOOOSH!!!!!

I'd say you were looking at a 4500-5000rpm -> 8000rpm power band. But you will get 400bhp +

i know its going to be laggy but i aint seen another s3 with this turbo so i wanted to do it....

what you recon 9k rev limit as i did put supertech springs and retainers on ...:superman:superev

8.2, maybe 8.5k rpm mate?

i looked at small gt30 on mine, and to me, looked way too laggy.
2871 will still be a 400hp setup, with decent spool too. nicer drive and bigger power band

thats not to say yours wont go like stink! good luck mate! :)

Hurry up dude, i really cant wait to see this, its really good to see a work in progress from start to end, looks and sounds awesome!!!

Thanks mate is replys like that that really makes me feel it's all worth the 7 months in this cold garage worth it. A bit gay I know but there were times when I just wanted to give up.

It will be worth it. You have all the supporting mods to get the best out of the turbo. If you do find the spool a little late, then you can fit a smaller turbo and probably stick with the same software if unitronic. Sell the old one on ebay.

4WD drive should really hook up well, but it will still spin all 4 wheels........mucho fun!!!

Easy now Jimbo, im getting scared to ask you to take me for a 'ride' in your car now!! ;)

Nah seriously mate, we can all see you have put a lot of time and effort into it and will defo be worth it in the end....Now are you up for the Midlands meet in Cov next week???

major respect jim.. been watching this as its been progessing, its inspirational.. i wana get out and work on my car!

are you coming to santapod meet? would love to see this thing shift...

When it's ready Jim, I'm joining up with Nilz to see your beast! :)
There's a few Midland VAG meets happenning too, so we could all go in S3 convoy style.

took it out today and got some pics and a video but thats on my mates phone so will get it off him tommorrow.. enjoy

IMG_0089-1.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

also done the led number plate light mod cost me 6 quid
IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Looks awesome. Did you get the map sorted? What power do you reckon its running?

F**kin hell, that looks good!!!

Cant wait to see and hear it in the flesh.

Jim That is an awsome job youve done its guys like you who got me into the S3 and i only hope mine is half as good as yours. Anymore updates

Love your car mate am heading into a build of my own soon with the same turbo ( different housing tho and 2L ) Glad to see that the Strut brace still fits high mount. Do you have a pic of the manifold you used? or a brand so I can look into it. I may end up custom but would love to have an idea before I attack it.

cars looking good jim. nice one. i think you should go black vinyl roof. would be a nice touch.

Ahh you went the Full Race one im guessing yea? Thats the one I was looking at but wasnt sure if it would sit the Turbo 2 high. This is good news!

Full-Race manifold like I think is on the S3 here..
mines ceramic coated hence white, but its the same wee beastie.
DP on my ibiza is a **** to make also, so S3 one must be even worse, as would outlet from tial. nice work.. did you manage full 3" tho?

ceramic-2.jpg

Interesting thread. WAs hpoing by the end there would be a killer video to watch. Maybe soon?

Excellent determination

Hi Jim,

Who done your alloy pipework? looks very neat!

...and how much is one of those inlet manifolds please?

Thanks

all pipework by me. (stainless and aluminium)
manifold is no longer available (monstor 007) now superceded by the improved SEM manifold.

SEM manifold is $825 excluding throttle body.
available in lhs throttle position only, but available with different throttle body sizes and in small or largeport version.

more info here> http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118528&page=11