a few progress pics of the bt

Oh man!!!

Dont worry dude, im sure you got what it takes to make it purr....i mean ROAR!!!!

its only a 2 hour job from when the valves land on my door step to getting the head on and starting the car lol. only took me 15 minutes to get the head back off once i realised what was wrong with it

:drag:

it was all my fault lifting the head with exhaust manifold and inlet manifold on is a little heavy and i rested it on my tool box as the valves were open like a **** its not really bent just moved back about half a mm

never mind jim, you didnt think it would be straight forward did you these things never are!! ive got my 3076 fitted to the evo now!! im hoping for around 500bhp. running at 2bar boost, what you going to run yours at?

aint got a clue what to run it at as much as possible i think for a laugh if it goes bang i will do it all again lol

I wish I could say the same haha, if mine goes bang, i will need 2 jobs to fix it!

Have you got a price breakdown of what you have spent on the engine? Including whatever you have had to pay in the way of import duty and shipping? I have been trying to get some ball park figures for a bit of a budget. Que the people saying the budget will go out the window on a BT S3 haha

James, email Bob at qedpower.com. Tell him what you want to do and he will work out a price. Usually emails back within a couple of days. Exchange rate isn't great anymore tho.

i will need to go through the recipts mate some where around the 5k mark i think but been doing it over time so aint really noticed the money plus im a plumber so loads of foreigners on weekends :yes:

htc already done that works out to 71 quid for 4 supertech valves including delivery just about to pay him now... fooking exchange rate

has any one heard or had any experiences with an aem boost controller?????? might get one... plus i want a wot box

Cant wait to see this finished. Dont suppose you have a pic of the exhaust manifold? I am looking at running the Full Race one but am interested in the one you have as now I know the strut brace will clear everything. Your setup sounds very similar to what I am going to run accept I am going 2L and a Hypertune inlet manifold and full stand alone ECU.

im trying im trying going out to the cold garage in a min got the valves delivered today so should have it rebuilt by midnight lol

well its my borthers motorbike one and i made a adaptor out of 1/2 inch steel pipe from work just looks like a g clamp to be honest.

oh and i gave up for tonight to tired lol!

Ta. Looking at bike compressors too. Fiddly little springs on these engines.

Nice numbers out of the ibiza, good torque too. Bit too high in the rev range for a street car, but that thing would kick some butt at the drag strip if that's his thing.

sorry guys couldnt get on the site for some reason right it starts and is all back together waiting for a new v band clip for the exhaust took it up the road the other day but was just to loud with the exhaust not connected

WOOHOO, excellent, bet you were popular roaring up and down the road in a cherry bomb effect car!!!

Looking forward to the finished product...

I can imagine!!!

Anyway get off here and hurry up getting the car sorted!! ;)

just got to get it mapped now. fitted oil catch can today but still waitng for v band clamp should come tommorrow, got a few pics on my i phone so not the best quality..
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

face lift rear lights and the new supersprint
IMG_0054.jpg

carbon fibre coil pack cover
IMG_0049.jpg

ross machine racing manifold
IMG_0051.jpg

another pic of engine with maf fitted
IMG_0046.jpg