a few progress pics of the bt

Good luck with the build, should hit 400bhp with the right map. Looks externally gated. What manifold? Backdraft?
Gotta love those huge garrett inlets.

yep its externally gated a 41mm tial just waiting for it to be delivered, its a racing manifold from qed power just making up the down pipe as we speak and putting a screamer pipe on the wastegate.. all i need to finish is some injectors and some graft putting it back together ... htc what cc injectors would you recomend?

Hey Jimbo, good to see the update pics, looks like you are getting on with it!!!

Sure that turbos big enough??

Have you changed the wheels on your car, im sure they were standard before??

yep its externally gated a 41mm tial just waiting for it to be delivered, its a racing manifold from qed power just making up the down pipe as we speak and putting a screamer pipe on the wastegate.. all i need to finish is some injectors and some graft putting it back together ... htc what cc injectors would you recomend?

Very nice choice. Full race mani arguably the best out there. Not a single failure to date. I take it they fit in RHD cars with 4WD then?

Screamer pipe, you nutter! Get some vids when it's done :)

See here for injector info --> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1989841
I use USRT For injectors, tho Bob at QEDpower is a USRT agent and will do them for the same price so you could ask him what he suggests. I'd probably for for 630cc.

Good luck with the build, should hit 400bhp with the right map. Looks externally gated. What manifold? Backdraft?
Gotta love those huge garrett inlets.

should see well over 400bhp, closer to 400 atw

they are standard wheels just painted and minus the centre caps.. the down pipe is a bit of a squeeze but i think it will fit plus thats why im putting a screamer on to make it easier with all the pipe work.. just got a r32 throttle body as well through today plus some stainless tube to finish the down pipe..

cheers htc for the info on the injectors

a update i have connected all intercooler pipe work up injectors are in just waiting for water and oil line and fuel regulator adaptor to come and then some vacumm pipework to do then time to start the car some pis as i know you all like pics lol..

piston difference
DSC00223.jpg

DSC00251-1.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

then to this
DSC00285.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

looks superb mate what bhp and torque are you expecting when finished

jim S3, your engine bay is looking awesome! Loved reading HTC's BT threads - keep posting about how you're getting on.

Jim, do you have any more heat shielding to go on. I see some rubber and plastic pipes very close to the turbo. I would also invest in one of the TT coil pack wiring sheilds. Gonna get pretty hot up top now.

Whoa Jim, that looks mint now, how long left till you are finished then??

Keep the pics coming, makes for an interesting read :)

looks awsome im liking the front mount with the pipe work where the fogs go im very tempted now

well i had the block bored out to 83mm so not sure what cc it is and i have gone for scat rods. its only a matter of weeks now just waiting for parts then have got to run engine in then get a new clutch and get it mapped so could be a few weeks or could be around 2 months...

and yes htc there is loads of heat shielding to go on but waiting for the oil and water lines to fit the heat shield as got to take turbo off to get to everything..

Looking good Jim, can't wait for the local Midlands meet which I'm sure you'll be up for, so we can all have a butcher's at the finished article.

well i had the block bored out to 83mm so not sure what cc it is and i have gone for scat rods. its only a matter of weeks now just waiting for parts then have got to run engine in then get a new clutch and get it mapped so could be a few weeks or could be around 2 months...

83mm bore with 86.4mm stroke gives a capacity of 1870cc. 90cc over the standard capacity of 1780cc.

I couldn't get scat rods for love nor money. On back order worldwide when I tried. Went for Intergrated Engineering items in the end (basically exactly the same rod).

Can't wait to see this one finished.

This will show when the boost will come in (you can all read compressor maps can't you?)

44588101dccfb4b938669e12da70f0e06g.jpg

Might spool a little sooner due to the extra capacity. Also will depend on intercooler type, inlet manifold etc. Probably won't get much befor 4000rpm. It will kick when it gets there.

i bought the scat rods from some one on here a few nonths ago.. i aint to bothered when the boost kicks in as long as it does lol

LOL...i like that Jim, "as long as it kicks in" thats what its all about (c'mon everyone sing the hokey cokey)

Very nice, I am looking to goto this turbo in the near future on mine so will be very interested to see how this goes. Also is the factory strut brace going to fit with the turbo there?

right then had some vf engineering engine mounts delivered today all fitted and also have got water and oil lines from backdraft just waiting for fuel pressure reg adaptor still..... and then to put oil and water in the thing and charge the battery and hopefully it will start.... hopefully....

Yea but how long before you are on the road????

that looks great! was wondering what size intercooler have you got on and where did ya get it from? having problems finding one the right size for my 1.8t at the moment!

cheers

well i have ran a little low in the old bank balance but every thing is ordered to finish so just a matter of when i get a delivery and buy some oil.. and if the mrs and little one let me go in the garage but she is being golden at the moment and lets me get on with it as she wants a go in it ( she has got no chance ) lol.. so give me 2 weeks...

cant remember the sizes of the intercooler got it off ebay...

OKie dokes, are you up for the meet next week??

it started but only on 2 cylinders gutted got 2 bent inlet valves so waiting for some more supertech ones from america it wont be long i promise