A few Problems on my recent purchase - Audi A4

Qasim

Reaction score
Hello People!

Well recently I purchased an Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI - 2005 plate - Its my first Audi so as you can imagine I was very excited.

After a few months of ownership I have run into a few problems, I have some really bad luck and all iv'e had is problems after problems!

So far I have the following

1.The buzzer no longer works. This normally comes on when you don't have the seat belt on or when you have accidentally left the lights on when the keys removed from the car. I have left my lights on so many times!! so this is really annoying!

2. Today the key fob stopped working. It no longer locks or unlocks the car. And I only have one key. I have changed the battery on the fob itself and I can see the red light come on the fob when the buttons are pressed - But I am still getting no response from the car, you normally see the hazard lights come on when buttons are pressed

3.The car is showing a check engine light, I have borrowed one of those Bluetooth scanners to get some codes off, not to sure how accurate they are but I have the following codes

P2108 -which I think is the Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance
P0236 - not to sure what that is.

4.I am getting right dipped headlight message as well as rear reverse light error when reversing. The bulbs have been changed -same problem. I have noticed all i need to do is wiggle the bulb wiring and the error code goes, but after some time it comes back - the contacts have been cleaned so not to sure what else it could be.

Any suggestions and advice would be great, as I am really losing hope in this car

Qasim

Key fob probably needs re syncing, put key in ignition turn on & off without starting the car, test fob.

I have tried this but not had any joy , you reckon it needs reprogramming

Having seen a few videos , it seems I may need a working key to reprogram the key that isn't working. Looks like am ******** as I've only got the one key

You need to turn the key in the ignition five times without starting or removing the key.

The "buzzer" is probably a failed speaker in the cluster. Search "warning chime" and you'll find ref to that. Bulb warnings are probably dirty contacts / loose wire at the connector. Other than cleaning and generally fiddling and fettling not sure what else to suggest.

The "buzzer" is probably a failed speaker in the cluster. Search "warning chime" and you'll find ref to that. Bulb warnings are probably dirty contacts / loose wire at the connector. Other than cleaning and generally fiddling and fettling not sure what else to suggest.

I will give this a search and try and change the buzzer , I have cleaned the contacts , I just hope there is not an issue with the wiring.

I really appreciate all the replys , cheers guys!!