A few pictures after fitting my new HID Kit

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Firstly thanks again to itwasntme187 for the 10% off discount at HID's Direct!:thumbsup: I placed my order for the 35W 5000K kit. Tbh I have been reading many reviews about the best colour to go for, I wanted brightest white without being too blue and also wanted that OEM look. I was aware that OEM tend to be 4300K but after seeing these in the flesh they still have that yellow look I dislike. So anyway I went in-between and got the 5000k.

After fitting I went straight to my mechanic to get them aligned as I didn't want to blind other road users!:scared2: What a difference!!! The brightness on the road is amazing far far better!:) .. I went out this evening to try and capture them as best I could by pictures and videos for you guys, apologises if the video's are the best its my first time uploading to Youtube and the were recorded with my phone camera etc.

Enjoy!!

Before HID

Photo0215-1.jpg

After
Photo0335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate looking good iv just recently fitted 6000K HID kit into my A4 B6 - every car i have owned iv fitted HID's always a good mod. As above did you fit ballasts in the cubby hole under the lights?

swarcup; i have never had any errors and didnt on the audi either. thinks its bit of an old wifes tale IMO

Scott

Nice work, love that colour :icon_thumright:

@ Scott, I've never suffered any issues either, but it's more than an old wives tale!

I really need to get mine aligned, used them for the first time properly last night and I was just lighting up the ****** hedges to my left lol.

50w weren't about when I bought mine. I was tempted to upgrade to them a while back was told that they're more likely to cause errors. Would still like to try it one day though.

was that the canbus pro kit? only asking as i just fitted one from hids direct to my a4 and i occasionally get "brake warning" errors.
to be fair to them, they did send me a resistor kit to resolve this but this wont fit in the space under the headlight.

Hi Guys,

Sorry about my delay in my replies, started my Final year so flat out with University work!.. Thanks for the feedback! :happy: .. The kit that I got came with the CANBUS error canceller built into the ballast which was very handy, touch wood no errors at all! :D Unfortunately I was unable to fit the ballasts into the headlight as they were slightly big, this is what I wanted to do. However I attached the ballasts with a cable tie to the track which the headlight rests upon. So when you look into the engine bay the ballasts are hidden and no HID wires can been seen! :D .. Also the location of the ballasts means that cold air will be flowing up from the Fog light grills so they will be kept cool and the headlights still remain secure!

Shaun