A few new bits fitted.....

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello fellas. Got a few new bits fitted.....

Porsche Turbo Twist Alloys.....When I got these they were in dire condition. There was kurbing and honestly about 20k worth of brake dust build up! I set about cleaning them, sanding them, painting them and finally polishing them. I then applied a few generous coats of poorboys alloy sealant to protect my hard work! All in all took me about 2 hours per wheel.......

The cleaning/polishing stages

REFURBINGPORSCHEALLOY.jpg

Finished!

4POLISHEDREFURBEDPORSCHEALLOYSWITHN.jpg

And fitted to the car....The eagle eyed amongst you will notice I have changed the coloured centre caps for the black and silver ones. I think it looks cleaner!

PORSCHEALLOYS.jpg

Alcantara Gaiter. I bought a small piece of Alcantara from the local fabric shop for a couple of quid and handed it over to my mother-in-law whom is an expert with a sewing machine along with the OE one to use as a template. Here is the result!

ALCANTARAGAITER.jpg

Stubby VW OE Aerial. Got this from the local VW dealership. Reception is actually pretty good (I have tried a short RichBrook one in the past and reception was gash!!!).

VWOESTUBBYAERIAL.jpg

Pressed Aluminum Plates. I got thes made as plainly as possible because I think it looks a lot cleaner/smarter with just the VRN on them and NOTHING else. Spoke to a local traffic cop about them and when he saw them he said I shouldn't get pulled for them. However, They will not pass an MOT so I will simply swap them up come that time! If any of you are wondering what that oxygen sticker is for, its part of my job to carry medical oxygen. That black bit where the rear wiper used to be is a bit of carbon I have used to cover the hole....I have also de-locked the boot.

PRESSEDALUMINUMNUMBERPLATEREAR.jpg

S-Line Grill Badge. Not a massive fan of badges (It is usually completely de-badged), but took a fancy to this. Got it from the stealership. Its currently used on the 09 models. It clipped straight onto my RS4 grill! Bonus! Its staying on for now, but will probably get removed/binned when I get bored!lol!

2009S-LINEBADGE.jpg

Custom made boot liner with a soft bit in the middle.....Just for the mutt!!

TAILORMADEBOOTLINER.jpg

Very happy K9....

Shittycamera0012.jpg

ECS Magnetic sump plug. See how this is working on the next oil change.....

ECSMAGNETICSUMPPLUG.jpg

Alloy Bonnet Strut. Completely pointless but why the hell not!!

CHROMEBONNETLIFTER.jpg

And a few OE replacement parts. Coolant expansion tank because my old one was yellow and minging! Black seatbelts because the cream ones had turned brown and I couldnt get the dirt off!! New mirror glass both sides because they were not heating up! Also got a B6 beige rear view mirror to match the colour of the interior.

STEAMCLEANEDANDDRESSEDENGINE.jpg

NEWBLACKSEATBELTS.jpg

NEWNEARSIDEMIRRORGLASS.jpg

B6CREAMINTERIORMIRROR.jpg

Next up I'm fitting a B7 steering wheel......This is the exact one I have just bought minus the multi function controls. Some of you might be wondering why I didnt get the flat bottomed R8 one? I do not like the chrome on the flat bottomed ones, and prefer a full size wheel...

Audi_A5_Sportback_S_line_steering_w.jpg

Also got some door levers courtesy of Byzan (thanks bud!), that I will be powder coating black and some wood trim that is currently being sprayed piano black......

Thats all for now. Will get the pics of the wheel up next week!

Ollie:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
:icon_thumright: Great stuff the steering wheel look's cool.

I'm not. Managed to locate just the airbag cover without the internals. Was extremely cheap compared to an airbag complete, and I don't have to faf around trying to wire up a dual stage airbag......With the cover fitted it looks EXACTLY the same. The only difference is theres nothing inside! lol! Some of you disagree with not having a drivers airbag, but it really dosn't bother me. All my previous cars have had aftermarket non-airbag wheels fitted. Its never been an issue for me. Obviously, because there are no internals there is no horn-push. Already got that sorted. In the stage of wiring a horn in on the end of one of the control stalks.

I can see why you've got that text in your sig now... you really do spend too much time on the old girl...!

But... I'm really liking what you're doing.

I'm in two minds about the Porsche rims though. Think I need to see a better picture of them on the car.

is the steering wheel a like for like fit then as far as the ribbed section is concerned?
does it sit well with the column shroud?

how much was the header tank ? i might fit a new one when i fit the new temp sender.

Yeah like for like fit. The fit is exactly the same as the my old one. As long as your cars post 98 ish it a new wheel will fit no probs. Just got to decide what you want to do ref the airbag/horn.

Know what you mean Giles, but I got all of the above squared away in a single weekend. Recieved those spacers mate, thanks.

Last edited:
Wow... that was fast... I only put them in the post at 4pm yesterday!

The thing is though... all the mods you're doing are OEM+ which is the right way to go!

You should pass and MOT no problem with pressed plates. I always did. And I had short ones on the car too :)

Got any better pics with the wheels on?

Ollie... 20's have arrived here too. Excellent!

How did you de-lock the boot plinth? Is it plastic on your model?

Mark... lol - PM sent. No 0% interest facilities at this end I'm afraid...! :sadlike:

wanna see more pics of the wheels!

how do the 10" rears fit?

WOW you have been busy

looking good Ollie!!! a lot of good OEM parts and the engine bay looks sweet, did you put in facelift leaf/battery cover?
how does the magnetic sump plug work? :think:
how much where the belts?

some nice personnal touches
need some photos showing whole car

if you get an o.e gearknob and strip it you can give it to your talented mother in law as template and have matching knob, easy to do they just pop apart

how much was front seatbelt, mines getting a bit slack on return

Hello Fellas. Yeah I know what you mean Giles. I am a big fan of keeping things as OEM as possible. Like the cheeky subtle mods (wheels aside of course, bods keep on double taking when they see Porsche wheels on an Audi!) Good, you have recieved them! Going to put the tens on at the weekend! When I said the "all squared away in a weekend" bear in mind I did get up/start work sat/sun at 4am! Works got me so busy every other weekend is all I have (MRS hates it, but ******!lol!).....
Better pics are not possible at the moment. All I have is my iPhone so 1MP quality is all I can produce! I am in the process of getting a digital camera, and when I detail the car I will get some proper pics up!
Ref the plates and the MOT, even better then! The facelift scuttle panel and seatbelts were obtained from Aldershot breaker yard. The scuttle was a tenner and the belts were 20 each (complete, with pre-tensioners). Very easy job fitting the new belts. 10 mins per side. The header was only 20 squid from the dealers. Well worth it IMO as I can actually see the coolant level now, and makes the engine bay look brand new! Themagnetic sump plug is supposed to catch any very small metal filings/shards/debris thats floating around in the oil. A lot of cars have them in gearboxes as standard. It was only a tenner with 10 sapre washers for oil changes so if it does turn out to be a gimmick no tears will be shed! Will post the results on the next oil change. Ref the gearknob, I have already tried(after reading about it on a thread olds kool replied to), but I wasnt very happy with the result so I have ordered the genuine alcantara/RS4 clubsport one from the dealers. Wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be. All I have to do when I get it(4 week wait, due to the rarity of the part)is remove the top gear indicator (I only have 5 speed) and replace it with my original one. Finally, the boot plinth was pretty straight forward. It is a metal one Giles. Very easy to remove, and all I did (got the idea from one of Stapo's old threads....) was fill in the hole with aluminum filler, sand it off and then spray it up with OE paint from the dealer.
Soon as I get the wheel on pics will go up on this thread, and as soon as I get the digital camera I will take some good shots and get them up too. The iPhone camera is a joke!

Ollie

Good stuff mate, some nice changes there. Liking the pic of the pooch aswell, looks a cracker!

Look forward to better pic of wheels, i think they'll suit it great, bit different aswell!:eyebrows:

Thanks Buddy. Yeah I know the pics are crap, the digital camera should remedy that! Ref the alloys, got the insiration for them from the old RS2's. Below is a pic of one from the states running 600 hp and is probably the nicest Audi I have seen.......

3581429228_63eac1bc32_o.jpg

what did you do about boot lock cylinder sticking out?, ive got a spare plinth think ill give it a go

Last edited:
It just pulls out mate! Leaves nothing but a hole that needs filling. The boot central locking is not affected with the manual locking component removed. The only draw back is you can't open the boot with the key anymore. Mine was seized soilid (had been for 6 years according to the service history) anyway so no loss!

love the porker rims didu need adapters and where did u gat grill from love it