A few little niggles on my S4

Kingston222

Reaction score
Hi team

ive done a search but after trying some of the tips and tricks nothing seems to work.

The first issue is the fact that for some reason my key will unlock all doors except the drivers door, it will open all the windows too if I hold it down. ive tried recoding the key using the method ive found on here but nothing, any ideas?

seconds when I reverse I have one hell of a clunk coming from under the car, im terrified something is broken and im driving her around unsafe, im not a master mechanic but ill do my brakes and servicing if I need to, any ideas where I should look? Car has done 67k. and its an 03.

The clunk might be something todo with your drive shaft but you haven't said where abouts your heardingvthe noise from

The front passenger side it feels and sounds like.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If it is your cv try order from euro car parts as they have a 35% off sale on at the moment

Hahah yeah ok point taken hahaha. Any idea on the key?

There's not a slot you can turn is there on the side of your door under the latch that turns of the remote locking is there ??? Also get the coding checked with vcds you might have to enable it ..

The remote key unlocks everything except the door the key works in the door too

The remote key unlocks everything except the door the key works in the door too

It could be the lock motor on that door as packed up or a broken wire. I would check the wires that run from the door to the body.

Maybe check the plugs are properly seated in your window regulator motor. In my S4 cabriolet (b7) the larger grey plug was temperamental and if not fully pushed in I would loose power to the door and lock.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk