A few A5 questions

alexmarin

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Long time member but haven't been active in a while. Used to own an A3 8P which I sold recently after upgrading to a 2016 A5 Black Edition Plus

Still new to me and would like to make some changes and to ask some questions, so any help will be appreciated.

Im thinking of adding some spacers, any recommendations which ones would work well? I read something about 15mm back, 10mm front, would that work well with no issues?

My A3 was on coilovers as some point and had to get rid after about a year as it was very stiff and moved into an area with loads of bumps. The Black Edition Plus is supposed to be a bit firmer than the standard already. If I were to get some springs, would the comfort reduce significantly? Which ones do you recommend? Don't want it too low, just want to tighten that gap a little.

Any cool, cheap splitters around that's a straight fit? Nothing too aggressive.

Any thoughts on a good exhaust setup? Looking for a nice growl and not too noisy, but noticeable.

Aware that most of the answers will be subjective but at least it would help narrow some things now.

Any other tips?

Cheers!

IMG 3185 3
141669947 3591562167632067 6386064271956249316 n

Spacers - 15mm front & 20mm rear, or 20mm front & 25mm rear both give a good look. I run the same alloys as yours as winters with the later set up, sits spot on.

Splitter - Maxton Design

Springs - contact site sponsor @DPM Performance for options

Exhaust - can't comment, I've got an Awe Touring on my S5 :scared2: Maybe @Macdoon maybe able to help.

Nice car you've got, enjoy.

JG

Reactions: Macdoon, Swanny356 and DPM
S5 bootlip spoiler for starters.
B1C34D3A DD7B 4750 8BDC 02719F8719FC

I run 10mm spacers all round, but could have easy gone 15mm rears

E484329D 3938 47D9 ABB6 4A22DECD56C5

Reactions: RS5 JON
Exhaust... custom centre box back stainless steel, with back box delete and oval tips... no drone nice note.
As JG says. @JG51 AUD ... Maxton front splitter.

I have 9.5in wheels with 10mm rear and 5mm front spacers sitting on 40mm H&R springs.

Attachments

• 20200630_165713.jpg
    20200630_165713.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

@JG51 AUD Cheers, will look into those spacers. Any brand anyone recommend or doesn't really matter?

Cheers for the splitter too!

@Swanny356 thanks, the BE+ seems to already have a nice boot lip so I'm happy with it as is but that looks nice

@Macdoon Car looks good! Do you have a video of the sound? How do you find those springs? I think 40mm might be a bit too low. I used to have 60mm coils on my A3 and it scraped a lot and trying to avoid that altogether, do you have any issues with that? And most importantly, is the decrease in comfort noticeable? And would I have to replace shocks?

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Macdoon and RS5 JON
@alexmarin

I run H&R spacers, not cheap but great quality, there are other cheaper brands that I'm sure will do just as good a job.

On the front splitter, make sure it fits the BE Plus bumper.

JG

Reactions: Macdoon
Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

@JG51 AUD Cheers, will look into those spacers. Any brand anyone recommend or doesn't really matter?

Cheers for the splitter too!

@Swanny356 thanks, the BE+ seems to already have a nice boot lip so I'm happy with it as is but that looks nice

@Macdoon Car looks good! Do you have a video of the sound? How do you find those springs? I think 40mm might be a bit too low. I used to have 60mm coils on my A3 and it scraped a lot and trying to avoid that altogether, do you have any issues with that? And most importantly, is the decrease in comfort noticeable? And would I have to replace shocks?

Thanks for the help!

Next time I will probably go back to Eibach pro 35mm springs.. not as harsh as the H&R's

My exhaust system is not lound and no drone just a nice sound. Will try and sort out a vid atvthe weekend.

@JG51 AUD thanks man! Will look into it.
@Macdoon Yeah slowly deciding against them. I dont think they'd be low enough for me and any lower will make it harder on bumps etc and don't want to keep worrying about them. Also worried about the stiffness!

I've spoken to someone about doing a muffler delete. I want a nice noticeable growl but not too loud especially droning. Anyone's got something similar on something like this? A5 1.8TFSI Sportback, dual?