A day's hard work! (Pic heavy!)

clockwork.satan

Vorsprung Durch Yer Maw
Reaction score
Since I've not posted any pics on here of my beloved A4 S-Line, I think it's about time that I did just that!

I spent a good few hours this afternoon cleaning, polishing and waxing, and here are the results:

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

I'm pretty happy that the hard work shows in these photos!

My A4 is pretty much standard S-Line specs with the TDi (140) engine. No lowering or grille-modifying is planned as I think it's beautiful and any such farting around could spoil this (and let's be honest, lowering is really stupid in this age of prolific speed bumps and most exterior modding ends up looking like a car has been driven through halfords with some magnets/velcro stuck to it). The only mods I'm thinking of is going for the RNS-E head unit (Symphony II at the moment) and an Angel Tuning remap.

Hmm some generalisation on modifications there mate !

Shiny shiny..............even though it does look like you stained the gravel in the process, hope that's not cos you polished the paint off :icon_thumright:

Hmm some generalisation on modifications there mate !

Yeah, I suppose I was a bit harsh, but I guess I'm not a big fan of the modding scene.

What modifications, in your mind, are well worth doing? With minimum cost, 'natch. The one experior mod I am pondering is to get the wheels darkened (maybe even paint 'em black) and getting the brake calipers painted red. I might even get a stainless system fitted at some point in the future...

Shiny shiny..............even though it does look like you stained the gravel in the process, hope that's not cos you polished the paint off :icon_thumright:

LOL, I hope none of the paint polished off! But come to think of it, that gravel does look rather red! :happy:

Well i do think it looks good but have to respond to those harsh word about modifying, if you are going to keep your car OEM, thats cool, but i see them every day on the road being driven by an old farts, so dont need to log on to a forum to see more of the same **** really, i like to come on here and see what other people have done to gain knowledge and ideas and share the possitives and negitives of those mods, i know your entitled to your say and so am i, so i'll stick to modifying my car thats looks different which will and does turn heads, and you keep your OEM look which no one will really notice, we are all different :) oh and i havent shopped at halford since i was 17yrs old but if i did, you'd be the last to know about it

Well i do think it looks good but have to respond to those harsh word about modifying, if you are going to keep your car OEM, thats cool, but i see them every day on the road being driven by an old farts, so dont need to log on to a forum to see more of the same **** really, i like to come on here and see what other people have done to gain knowledge and ideas and share the possitives and negitives of those mods, i know your entitled to your say and so am i, so i'll stick to modifying my car thats looks different which will and does turn heads, and you keep your OEM look which no one will really notice, we are all different :) oh and i havent shopped at halford since i was 17yrs old but if i did, you'd be the last to know about it

The Halfords thing was actually a bit of a 'Clarkson-ism' to be honest and was intended to be tongue-in-cheek - I buy most of my car bits and bobs from the mighty Ebay! I do stand by my lowering comment though, if I lowered my A4 by any degree on the roads around here my exhaust would no doubt be left behind me at some point. However, I'd be interested in replacing the standard coils with uprated ones to get it cornering a little less barge-like... Any suggestions on that?

What mods would you suggest as 'musts', then? I might have got off on the wrong foot here as I'm not completely against modifying cars - I'm all for it in fact as long as it still looks tasteful. I'm pondering changing the wheels and painting the calipers and would be interested in adding DRL's and changing the rear light clusters as long as it's not hugely expensive.

See to may that does come under some major modifying there as any change to the car technically is modifying especially if your changing wheels, lights and painting calipers, I was a bit hard on my words and see that you wasn't trying to be nasty so I'll apologise for being so diffensive, I do like the standard s line wheels myself but mine had RS4 reps on when I bought mine so have got 19" BBS CH on which look good on all vag cars near enough, good idea with the drl, and rear lights, standard ones are a bit boring, I took my standard headlights out and de-tangoed them (removed the orange indicator glass) and took out the crime to make them look more black and they look great and cost me the price of 2 new indicator bulbs, some mods don't have to cost much, so far the coilovers and the wheels have set me back but that's about it, everything else is retro-fitting and cheap mods that arent tacky are chavy, and I know some knob head chavs so know when I've gone too far lol

Aah, no probs. When I hear the word 'modified' with cars, I usually immediately connect it with hideous boy-racer Corsas and Civics that have been debadged and modified so much that they barely resemble the original product and have been lowered so much that the bottoms of them are cracked and scraped, so I apologise if my original comment seemed a bit harsh, but I guess what I should've said is "I'm happy to mod my car as long as it doesn't end up looking chavvy!"

What's an RS4 RARB, btw? I'm not up on the achronyms here yet, lol! :laugh:

Has anyone used Angel Tuning here too? I'm verrry interested in getting my TDi 140 ramped up closer to 200; it's pretty nippy as it is but I wants MOAR!

RS4 rear anti-roll bar, cheap & very effective mod

Reactions: clockwork.satan
Oooh, that sounds good! I take it that should stop some of the body roll when cornering?

I'll buy that for a dollar! :arco:

Anyone know of a good/cheap place where I get get the OEM 24mm RS4 RARB?

I've had a good search but can only find aftermarket ones...

Edit: OR, which aftermarket ones are good?

Last edited:
Anyone know of a good/cheap place where I get get the OEM 24mm RS4 RARB?

I've had a good search but can only find aftermarket ones...

Edit: OR, which aftermarket ones are good?

Audi, not a lot of difference fella