A couple of questions

Beck

Reaction score
hi all, I’ve recently bought my third A3 (2010 1.8t) apparently I can’t get enough of them.

First off (and I have searched all over) I have swapped out the navigation plus unit with a pioneer sph-10bt as using an sd card to listen to music isn’t my thing and didn’t wanna spend hundreds so got a single stereo with a new facia. I have Bose written on my front speakers so got an adapter that is suppose to fit all of these. Now I don’t have any noise coming from the rear speakers and it’s a bit crackly. Can anyone advise what I’ve done wrong? I have attached the blue wires, the 4 big leads and the main harness. Have I missed something?

Also randomly my oil light comes on but it’s not low on oil and then it will tell me not to exceed 4000rpm. Should this just be a simple sensor issue and could it be linked?

Sorry if these are dumb questions - I don’t wanna get mugged off at a garage so wanna research before taking it in including the speaker issue.

Thanks very much if anyone can help
Becky

Hi, and welcome.

So with the bose you output should be coming from the head unit loom into the adapter using the pre-outs. The blue/white from the hu loom should connect to the corresponding cable on the harness. Did all the speakers work before?

Do you have the model number of the harness adapter you used?

Oil light could be low pressure. Best advice it to get the car scanned to see if any fault codes are stored to help indicate the issue.

Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply.

I bought the controlPRO CP2 vag52 adapter. I’m guessing this might be where I have gone wrong? Yeh I believe they did as I never noticed them not working until now. I had the main block of wires that plug into the hu, I connected the blue for the amp, there was also a headphone jack type adapter and the 4 bulky leads for the front and rears. I’m so sorry I don’t know technical terms.

I have scanned it with OBDeleven but I am not sure how accurate this is. I will definitely get this looked into though ASAP.

Thanks again!

That adapter is for steering wheel remote, so I take it you have a multi function steering wheel.

First port of call would be to check all connections. Does the unit power in and off with the ignition?

The 3.5 mm jack is for a microphone I think.

Did the scan throw up any codes?

Yeh I do have the steering wheel controls. I did put it all together and took it apart like three times to make sure everything was connected ok but I will do that again in the morning to quadrupole check! I was hoping it was going to be simple!

Yeh sorry I should have said, no codes pop up at all. Opening the bonnet removed the low oil light and restarting the car removes the other warning but no codes ever log.

I suspect your oil pickup is blocked. Don’t keep driving it, get the sump off and cleaned and a new oil pickup pipe fitted. It’s cheap and if you’re not sure of the history worth getting done.