A couple of questions.

PhilMill63

Reaction score
Hi All, I have now collected the car and had a couple of days to look and play! I have a couple of questions you may be able to help me answer. Firstly the glovebox, the garage changed the lid as the hinge was broken, apparently a common problem? he tells me the problem is caused by impatient people forcing the lid as it is damped, now that maybe so but surely it shouldn't take 20 mins to open.... I had a look at the hinge and see there is some sort of damper behind the panel on the end of the dash, this has a electrical connector on it so is there something wrong??

Secondly, maybe its just me but I seem to have the engine reving after I touch the throttle, it seems to pick up the revs even after the throttle is released, up to 2000 rpm on a couple of occasions, is this normal? if I blip the throttle sometimes it carries on picking up the revs, difficult to explain but hopefully you get the idea. Oh and it is definatly much slower than the Saab was:(

Phil

The glovebox has a dampener in it. And yes it does release very slowly. This is how it is meant to be, no problems, you just have to be gentle pushing it down, or wait. The electrical connector I believe is to tell the glovebox light when the glovebox is open.