A/C warm on passenger side?

Rip

Reaction score
Noticed today that my A/C is blowing warm on both of my passenger side vents while it's cool on both the driver's side vents?

Last edited:
Awesome thanks, is anyone able to tell me what part number I need for an S3 8v with dual climate? And also where it's located/how to repair it on that particular car?

My actuator seems to function fine:

Yet the passenger vents still blow hot air? I've ordered a used motor so I'll fit that when it arrives to see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
Still have the same problem after changing the actuator. The passenger side vents are not hot but they are definitely warmer than the driver's side????

I don't think that this actuator actually controls the heat, I think all it does is open and close the passenger side vents.

Could the system just need recharging?

With the climate set to 16°C the drivers vents blow 14.3°C and the passenger vents blow 22.8°C.

Last edited:
Its caused by low refrigerant so you most probably have a leak. My condenser has a hole / crack in it on the drivers side (UK car). If you look through the grill up towards the bonnet. Pics attached. Audi fixing mine under warranty as its an Approved Audi car and 2 months old to me on a 2017 plate.
Refrigerant is about £150 to re gas if its R1234YF or £50 if R134A (new gas is a rip off) and condenser is around £100. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to replace.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I think you are right about the low refrigerant causing it because since I had mine refilled it's been fine, I imagine if the problem still persists after a re-gas then it could well be a leak somewhere.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Its caused by low refrigerant so you most probably have a leak. My condenser has a hole / crack in it on the drivers side (UK car). If you look through the grill up towards the bonnet. Pics attached. Audi fixing mine under warranty as its an Approved Audi car and 2 months old to me on a 2017 plate.
Refrigerant is about £150 to re gas if its R1234YF or £50 if R134A (new gas is a rip off) and condenser is around £100. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to replace.

Unlucky I suppose, mine is holding pressure fine since the top up.
If things change as time goes by I’ll need to investigate further myself.
I blame the garage that serviced it for not filling it correctly as until that point it had been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are right about the low refrigerant causing it because since I had mine refilled it's been fine, I imagine if the problem still persists after a re-gas then it could well be a leak somewhere.
Yes it most probably is. Some leaks are hard to find and it takes a good AC engineer to find them. Normally the condenser is the problem as the dryer is built into the condenser and its in front of the radiator.
Hopefully when you had it re gassed they put a dye in for leak finding. The AC system should be put on a vacuum pump for 30 to 45 plus minutes to remove moisture and then pressure tested with a gas such as Nitrogen to ensure there are no leaks. Any seals should also be replaced. A vacuum test can seal leaks by pulling some parts together such as seals or small breaks in hoses.
I wonder if Audi technicians are really good with AC systems in cars as they really only do servicing and component changes?

Unlucky I suppose, mine is holding pressure fine since the top up.
If things change as time goes by I’ll need to investigate further myself.
I blame the garage that serviced it for not filling it correctly as until that point it had been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard some NEW cars (not specifically VW group) that have had low gas due to "mistakes" or the cost of the gas when the car was produced. Gas R1234YF was in short supply during Covid lock down I guess?

I have heard some NEW cars (not specifically VW group) that have had low gas due to "mistakes" or the cost of the gas when the car was produced. Gas R1234YF was in short supply during Covid lock down I guess?
Or garage incompetence.........

I have just had mine repaired by audi under warranty. There is a regulator valve built into the end of the air con compressor that was faulty and it wasn’t allowing enough gas through compressor to cool down car. They replaced the valve and it’s blowing colder than it ever has.
I had cold air from drivers side vent and warm all 3 remaining vents.
if i closed the drivers vent the vent to the left of steering wheel would blow cold, if i then closed this one the cold air would move to next vent etc.

Do you have pictures of that valve and the location pls ?

I don’t have a picture but it’s built into the side of the compressor so should be fairly easy to see. Audi replaced it under warranty and Aircon has worked flawlessly for the first time in 3yrs. Been 3weeks now without issue

I don’t have a picture but it’s built into the side of the compressor so should be fairly easy to see. Audi replaced it under warranty and Aircon has worked flawlessly for the first time in 3yrs. Been 3weeks now without issue
I tried to remove but it is not only that one screw near legs.. it has to be all rmoved so the whole centre so bigger job ahh well ..