A Bit Of Advice Please...Appriecated

Ash B

Reaction score
Hi guys

Sorry to bother you all. Thought i'd come here for help/advise...
I just have a few questions. I know there been a few threads so sorry if this annoys any one. thread will be deleted after my questions are answered.

Im looking on getting a new car withing the next few weeks. (but might wait abit longer to save more money).
The two i've seen are 2007 Phantom Black A3 2.0TDI(140) S-line. One has 28,000 miles and the other was under 20,000 miles. Both are under £15k. I know if i go to audi for the one i've seen i will get it alot cheaper than the other one in trade. Audi also said they will put my alloys, back lights and a Optic grill on for when i come to collect the car.

I've never had a diesel so not quite sure what to look out for. I can remember on a thread before some thing to do with the exhaust and smoke?
So what are the common faults? What should i look out for etc?
One from audi and the other one from a trade but it still has audi warranty. I was thinking instead of spending £15k on a 2007 which i WILL keep for 3 years. Should i just wait till next year?
But to be honest i dont think i can wait lol. Also if mods do see this if you could find one of the threads asking what im asking and make it a sticky in FAQ that would be much Appriecated:thumbsup:

Any help/advise would be much appriecated.

Thanks

Ashley

huh, but with all the mods you wanted to do to yours, whats the reason to swap Ash, just curious as nothing asphetical different if doing mods to yours anyway

Well to be honest i was doing all the mods so i would keep the car for longer etc. Checked my insurance for the 2.0 tdi 140 fully comp on my own name and its not much more then what im paying to be a named driver on my 1.6! I still have my older alloys so they could just go back on and my back lights. And with the new car i can still do the front bumper, stick my alloys and back lights on, lower and then get it remaped.
I am gonna try and hold out and stop being a brat and just do what i want to my car and get a new one next year. Its just i'd rather pay that extra to have a car thats alot better and faster than mine.

huh, but with all the mods you wanted to do to yours, whats the reason to swap Ash, just curious as nothing asphetical different if doing mods to yours anyway