A bit low on the ground at the moment guys, where have all the projects gone.

Thanks Ricky - I actually have to do all my work outside - rain or wind or shine (mostly wind & rain....) but the hydraulic lift i've got makes life OH so much easier it has to be said.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I've spent plenty of money just recently Rob as your aware, in the form of new front suspension, rear springs and the new clutch a DMF.

Usual case with this car unfortunately and thats other projects taking priority then i end up falling out of love with it.

However, all seems to be good at the moment and i think the next job will be to change the leaky valve cover gasket and give her a full service before our holiday in August.

Then its off to the poweder coaters to get the wheels refurbed then the Brembos can be fitted too, don't want to put those whoppers on behind my sh*tty wheels.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I've spent plenty of money just recently Rob as your aware, in the form of new front suspension, rear springs and the new clutch a DMF.

Usual case with this car unfortunately and thats other projects taking priority then i end up falling out of love with it.

However, all seems to be good at the moment and i think the next job will be to change the leaky valve cover gasket and give her a full service before our holiday in August.

Then its off to the poweder coaters to get the wheels refurbed then the Brembos can be fitted too, don't want to put those whoppers on behind my sh*tty wheels.
Good stuff Alex. :icon thumright:

it is quiet on here, most of the info ive got for the 3.0tdi tends to be off the a6 section.

i suppose there old cars now and less and less about... people just go and get stuff on finance now no one runs older cars...

ive not done much in interesting other than maintenance to mine new dmf, front wing xenons...decided i might look for some cheap s5 seats though...

Not been on for a while; work/life and other stuff getting in the way - not least a co. car deal that has me in new a VAG product every 4mths / 8k miles......

I am about to start a general tidy up on my 2.7tdi; its at 262k at the moment (!)

Debated doing it at all; Mrs used to use the A4 but she too has got used to new cars again but suddenly every knock, rattle and noise there is becomes an issue!! :)

Bit of a wish list:
- I need replacement coil-overs (currently on AP's but RL damper is just damp and the tell-tale shudder over bumps is getting too frequent). It'll be wound down a bit this time; I wound it up a few years ago and never really liked it
- Having had no replacement suspension arms for around 100k it really is a bit 'wobbly!'; I have seen the full front and rear kit (with subframe bushes) on ebay so will probably go for that at the same time and throw on some new brake hoses.
- My IC gets less and less legible/audible; it lost the majority of the clock about 7yrs ago, no warning buzzer (great! Left the lights on again......) the speedo randomly stops when decreasing speed then just adds speed from 70mph - most journeys I travel at 150mph!!
- Airbag light comes on occasionally (RHS body sensor I seem to remember last time I scanned it.....)
- Glovebox hinge repair
- Console hinge repair

I have started it - the wheels needed another (the 3rd) refurb after being used as parking sensors for the last few years.

I wanted a dark bronze and was happy with the in process pic but I think the flash/lighting was fooled me slightly; once done and a pic was sent it looks like I got a slightly more greyer shade I think!!

IMG 20210617 WA0000
IMG 20210619 WA0005

Engine (fingers crossed) continues its' strong performance; it was de-egr'd and dpf'd yonks ago and apart from resealing the injectors 3-4yrs ago it's still 48+mpg on a run......

Body work has had a bit of a time - a four bike rack has put a few scratches on the bootlid; the S line kit has also seen action as a parking aid (RIP: MiL's wooden planters...... apparently they weren't there before?!?) and a pair of bulbs for the FF xenon headlights wouldn't go amiss - the occasional camera flash from a few years ago is now 4 or 5 on/off moments in an hours driving......

Toying with the idea of painting the car - the wings are starting to show some bubbles and the LR door has a few scuffs.

All in all; some work, but I think I'd rather spend a little on what I know than go for something 'unknown'.........

Reactions: tr7
Not been on for a while; work/life and other stuff getting in the way - not least a co. car deal that has me in new a VAG product every 4mths / 8k miles......

I am about to start a general tidy up on my 2.7tdi; its at 262k at the moment (!)

Debated doing it at all; Mrs used to use the A4 but she too has got used to new cars again but suddenly every knock, rattle and noise there is becomes an issue!! :)

Bit of a wish list:
- I need replacement coil-overs (currently on AP's but RL damper is just damp and the tell-tale shudder over bumps is getting too frequent). It'll be wound down a bit this time; I wound it up a few years ago and never really liked it
- Having had no replacement suspension arms for around 100k it really is a bit 'wobbly!'; I have seen the full front and rear kit (with subframe bushes) on ebay so will probably go for that at the same time and throw on some new brake hoses.
- My IC gets less and less legible/audible; it lost the majority of the clock about 7yrs ago, no warning buzzer (great! Left the lights on again......) the speedo randomly stops when decreasing speed then just adds speed from 70mph - most journeys I travel at 150mph!!
- Airbag light comes on occasionally (RHS body sensor I seem to remember last time I scanned it.....)
- Glovebox hinge repair
- Console hinge repair

I have started it - the wheels needed another (the 3rd) refurb after being used as parking sensors for the last few years.

I wanted a dark bronze and was happy with the in process pic but I think the flash/lighting was fooled me slightly; once done and a pic was sent it looks like I got a slightly more greyer shade I think!!

View attachment 238923View attachment 238924

Engine (fingers crossed) continues its' strong performance; it was de-egr'd and dpf'd yonks ago and apart from resealing the injectors 3-4yrs ago it's still 48+mpg on a run......

Body work has had a bit of a time - a four bike rack has put a few scratches on the bootlid; the S line kit has also seen action as a parking aid (RIP: MiL's wooden planters...... apparently they weren't there before?!?) and a pair of bulbs for the FF xenon headlights wouldn't go amiss - the occasional camera flash from a few years ago is now 4 or 5 on/off moments in an hours driving......

Toying with the idea of painting the car - the wings are starting to show some bubbles and the LR door has a few scuffs.

All in all; some work, but I think I'd rather spend a little on what I know than go for something 'unknown'........

Looking at coil-over kits; why don't Stance+ do a kit for our cars?? Will a similar platform kit fit? I'm not going to spend ££££'s on a 600 quid (if I'm lucky!) car but there must be something good out there? What would the Forum suggest?? AP/MTS/Stance+/H&R?

Haha interesting to see your wheels I see they're B8 Dynamik edition wheels, I bought a spare set of these as mine are full gloss black atm and I've just had the spare set blasted and powder coating them in Anodic medium bronze matt finish!
Out of interest are yours painted or powder coated and are they supposed to be matt as they seem to be a semi matt /satin finish, just trying to gauge what my outcome will be lol

They are satin finish; though I haven't picked the car up yet to start the next phase of the project. Parts are currently amassing in the garage!

Still very quiet on here guys, have you all jumped ship then , sad times if that is the case. :bye:

I'm still here Rob, just to busy with my son's flat, you cant beat the bank of mum and dad, and all that free labour.
Hope to get back to the car soon, still got the grill to fit.

Still here, just not driving anywhere lately

Thinking of maybe going for RS3

No not at all, in addition. Never say never of course, but don't ever see a need to sell B7

Stands me nothing now and it far too useful, 2.0 TDI, 6 Spd, remarkably good on fuel, very easy comfortable, full leather everywhere, ton of options, doesn't stand out, and very very capable, can take almost anyone or anything anywhere, inside, on the roof or towing it

Impossible to replace for the money they're at now imo

Reactions: Rob Avant, Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
No not at all, in addition. Never say never of course, but don't ever see a need to sell B7

Stands me nothing now and it far too useful, 2.0 TDI, 6 Spd, remarkably good on fuel, very easy comfortable, full leather everywhere, ton of options, doesn't stand out, and very very capable, can take almost anyone or anything anywhere, inside, on the roof or towing it

Impossible to replace for the money they're at now imo
Totally agree, its almost impossible to find more car for your money for a few grand, plan was to keep mine as it just wasn't worth selling and it was going to be my daily when i got the E63 but then they all shot up to 30k within 6 months so that was suddenly out of budget and the b7 just had no use once i already had my heart set on a new car, now if it was an estate id have got the funds else where but a saloon sat there doing nothing was kind of pointless at least i could of used an estate as a family wagon to replace the mrs car so if i was you id keep it as well.

Although i still think the saloon looks better......."cough" Rob "cough" lol in hindsight the estate would of been the better choice.

Totally agree, its almost impossible to find more car for your money for a few grand, plan was to keep mine as it just wasn't worth selling and it was going to be my daily when i got the E63 but then they all shot up to 30k within 6 months so that was suddenly out of budget and the b7 just had no use once i already had my heart set on a new car, now if it was an estate id have got the funds else where but a saloon sat there doing nothing was kind of pointless at least i could of used an estate as a family wagon to replace the mrs car so if i was you id keep it as well.

Although i still think the saloon looks better......."cough" Rob "cough" lol in hindsight the estate would of been the better choice.
Like I've always said, avants rule :yahoo: :respekt:
They are just so versatile, ok not the biggest estate around but way better than a saloon and not a big as a barge, i like to think of the B7 Avant as the most un-estate estate car you can wish to have, all the plus point of a decent saloon in an estate package but without the naff looks of many estate cars.
A win win situation really.

Like I've always said, avants rule :yahoo: :respekt:
They are just so versatile, ok not the biggest estate around but way better than a saloon and not a big as a barge, i like to think of the B7 Avant as the most un-estate estate car you can wish to have, all the plus point of a decent saloon in an estate package but without the naff looks of many estate cars.
A win win situation really.
As far as space goes i think the saloon b7 is just unnaturally small anyway you defiantly wouldn't want to be of the "fluffy" body type as things may well get even tighter lol a few McDonald's and you may not get out tbh lol

The only passenger i have on the back seat is , 45kg black and tan with pointy ears..lol.
he uses up the full length of the back seat, with 3 layers of blankets on the back seats of course...pets eh. :icon thumright:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I agree, even though I have a saloon it's very limited for space, 60 40 rear seats would help.
I want some DIY bits and the longest I can fit in is 2mts from front to back, not practical really.
Would have liked an Avant, but no good ones were around when I bought my car, but that said my car is a really good B7 Quattro and drives brilliant.

My project is still ticking along slowly... reached a big milestone a few days ago, making me question the big turbo route now.
On the old wagon vs saloon debate... I do love the slight extra space with the wagon, but... I’d love a B7 RS4 saloon. Beautiful car

Attachments

• A1967692-6BA5-408B-9724-3B40913D61AC.jpeg
    A1967692-6BA5-408B-9724-3B40913D61AC.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sandra
My project is still ticking along slowly... reached a big milestone a few days ago, making me question the big turbo route now.
On the old wagon vs saloon debate... I do love the slight extra space with the wagon, but... I’d love a B7 RS4 saloon. Beautiful car
It's only just run in Rob, no excuse to be getting rid of it just yet. :icon thumright:

The only passenger i have on the back seat is , 45kg black and tan with pointy ears..lol.
he uses up the full length of the back seat, with 3 layers of blankets on the back seats of course...pets eh. :icon thumright:
That's why i stick to reptiles and small furry animals lol