A bit low on the ground at the moment guys, where have all the projects gone.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Its seems to be a tad quiet on the B7 forum of late, very few projects or mods going on, have you all lost interest then or just not worried anymore.

Come on, let's liven things up a bit, get some more stuff happening and I don't mean with other German brands either....

I've been working on my TT but that's ongoing to be honest , i have a few new projects lined up for the old bus which should be nice.

Onwards.

rob

I think maybe some inspiration is required,or, a foot up the posterior..lol

Reactions: Sandra
I have the mods I want for now, still happy with my car and still drives great.
Been a bit busy with my sons flat purchase, seems that what dads are for! to do alot of the work.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Hey Rob
Its seems to be a tad quiet on the B7 forum of late, very few projects or mods going on, have you all lost interest then or just not worried anymore.

Come on, let's liven things up a bit, get some more stuff happening and I don't mean with other German brands either....

I've been working on my TT but that's ongoing to be honest , i have a few new projects lined up for the old bus which should be nice.

Onwards.

rob
Im new to the forum, still figuring out fixing this bumper/grill situation. The front passenger side top bolt is broke off inside the bumper/grille attachment. And I’m riddling around with an inexpensive intake side catch system.

I’ve done a couple of bits To my b7.

e2e839e430394e1005c6346b21f1ceb8.jpg

56789940fab3f494573fa8ae7cab64c0.jpg

585e34aa1419863c5d5f402413d52626.jpg

Gave it a clean too and I’ve also picked up this project.
16a5f529af90286d99b55a32446aa7cc.jpg

7a52e81ea82601c0270cc53c7079333f.jpg

a24a1619ee12e0f4b28923795722a4b7.jpg

Genuine mondeo st24. 1 owner from new 65k been stood for 12 years

Plans for the Audi I’ve the next couple of months is exhaust. Want to get rid of the centre box and see if it gives it abit more grunt. Rear spring has broken so debating weather to fit lowering springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I´m sourcing another car at the moment that´s my ongoing project. the B7 needs to go off the road for a while to be fixed, btw need some thoughts and/or advice. is it worth reapiring the tiptronic gearbox, or should i just go for the manual conversion?

Well I haven't been on for quite sometime due to real life stuff. But I did this a about a month ago.....

Well worth it but quite a hard task!

Not the best pic due to this aweful sunshine we are having lately....

Attachments

• ILX-F903D smaller.jpg
    ILX-F903D smaller.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 116
I’m just getting my B7 up to par; will the S line bottom side moldings on the door from the wagon A4 fit my sedan A4 or will side moldings off the b6 fit a B7?
Also anyone thought of using the “Funk” button for a push start button thought it’d be a cool project to attempt.

Last edited:
Been sorting this steering wheel out.
Happy with it for the time being.
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_124835.jpg
    IMG_20210603_124835.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: Charlie Farley and tr7
Mike
Nice. I'm just having my RS3 wheel retrimmed. One of the best mods for B7

Love the RS4 cluster

Reactions: mikep99
Just joined and would first of all like to say thanks to yourself Rob for all the useful information and guides you've added. Also to everyone else contributing out there!

I'm hopefully looking to start some projects soon but probably won't be until the insurance drops a bit and I can declare things, but keep up the good work and hope to see some more projects soon!

Welcome @B7 Dave and you'd be suprised that the price comes down with mods declared.....well mine did with everything declared.

Reactions: B7 Dave and Charlie Farley
Just joined and would first of all like to say thanks to yourself Rob for all the useful information and guides you've added. Also to everyone else contributing out there!

I'm hopefully looking to start some projects soon but probably won't be until the insurance drops a bit and I can declare things, but keep up the good work and hope to see some more projects soon!

You would be surprised , a lot of very good deals out there for cars with mods, that said it does rather depend on what the mods are.
If you start doing serious performance work it maybe a different situation but for main stream changes you maynot get penalised that much.

Reactions: B7 Dave
Mike
seeing mikes pics has made me think about swapping out my Rs4 FBSW now, rs4 fbsw for something else......maybe very possible, sometimes a change is good :thumbs up:
Int3

Reactions: tr7
It's out of a TT I think
Ended up with 2 wheels which was handy.
I've been redoing them both at the same time to work out the best colour.
The one in the pic can be for sale as soon as I sort the other with same colour etc.

Edit - not retrimmed, taken back to the leather and reclored etc..

Mike

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How did you get such a good finish Mike?

How did you get such a good finish Mike?
Lots of trial and error and taking my time on it!!
Had to sand back the leather to get as smooth as possible, fill any damage, there was hardly any tbh.
Then apply the colour several times in thinnish applications.
Pics of the before and after of the other one I've done today.

EDIT - products used:
https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/professional-leather-care-products/leather-finish
320 grit wet and dry
1200 grit wet and dry

Mike

Attachments

• 1622825027029.jpg
    1622825027029.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 1622825044005.jpg
    1622825044005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reactions: TOM.S, Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
looks brill Mike, really tempted to buy a worn item and giving it a go. :icon thumright:

Guys for £170 you can get a wheel full retrimmed with new leather and no messing about

I'm having my gearstick and handbrake done to match with contrast stitching also

looks brill Mike, really tempted to buy a worn item and giving it a go. :icon thumright:
Thanks Rob.

If you've got time to spare, its worth having a go. I've enjoyed doing them tbh.

Mike

Also worth noting. They will make the wheel slightly thicker also if asked

Which if you're not aware is one of the main differences between the cheaper FBSW's that come in every A1 through A4.

Besides the deeper thumb indentations the FBSW's from RS cars are typically much thicker and much nicer to hold

Well worth asking for when getting retrim done

My TT wheel could do with a refurb aswell, its not to bad but a refresh would make a big difference.

Also worth noting. They will make the wheel slightly thicker also if asked

Which if you're not aware is one of the main differences between the cheaper FBSW's that come in every A1 through A4.

Besides the deeper thumb indentations the FBSW's from RS cars are typically much thicker and much nicer to hold

Well worth asking for when getting retrim done

I find the RS4 FBSW the ideal thickness and the shape is nice but maybe time to loose the silver trim part .....

Reactions: tr7
Maybe time for a snoop on facebook marketplace for a suitable wheel.

My TT wheel could do with a refurb aswell, its not to bad but a refresh would make a big difference.
There's enough to do at least 4 wheels with the products I listed earlier from furniture clinic.

Mike

Ah I hear ya Rob - my Audi projects have taken a backseat, got a puppy and all my time has been going on getting her trained and just enjoying the whole experience!

That and I bought a French weekend car that eats ALOT of the spare money/time from the old bus. I’ll never moan about working on the bus again after tackling French ‘engineering’...

She does need some TLC, I have a grumbling from the front brakes... needs investigation.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
A3/TT Wheel after retrim - No Thumb indentations

Audi S3 TT mk2 slightly thicker Perforated leather Black stitching 1

RS3/R8 Wheel after retrim - With thumb indentations

RS3 2012 with paddles Perforated leather sides Dark grey alcantara 9002 topbottom Silver 412

But both look great after retrim due to 'Added Thickness' requested during retrim.

But as standard, the A3/TT wheel is much thinner. I sold my other FBSW even though it was leather and in great condition I couldn't live with it after having had an RS3 wheel, hence so I'm getting it retrimmed now

Ah I hear ya Rob - my Audi projects have taken a backseat, got a puppy and all my time has been going on getting her trained and just enjoying the whole experience!

That and I bought a French weekend car that eats ALOT of the spare money/time from the old bus. I’ll never moan about working on the bus again after tackling French ‘engineering’...

She does need some TLC, I have a grumbling from the front brakes... needs investigation.

Ah , pups , they will consume as much time as you can give them and well worth it. :icon thumright:

Not sure about the venture into " le automobile " territory though, from my renault ownership it was just an accident waiting to happen all the time..lol , and some lets just say " less reliable " french cars are just ...well you know what i mean.

best of luck with it all the same.:respekt:

Reactions: Bobbytea
I haven’t finished fiddling with the old wagon just yet... big turbo is up next, just need to stop procrastinating over which one to get. More audio upgrades too. Bought an old MK4 Golf GTI Turbo for a stupidly good price, going to get that on the road as my daily while I sort the big turbo on the wagon. In the middle of moving at the moment so both are on the back burner for now

Well now Rob, you started off this thread saying 'not other German Brands' but thats actually what I've been doing the last few days - I have been given a Mercedes C220 (S203) CDi Coupe SE which needs a few things (a lot actually....) to make it MOTable.
Already replaced the front struts (from a scrap yard) & sourced/rebuilt & currently upgrading its brakes with bigger 330mm front Disks (new) & Calipers (from the same scrap yard). Also doing new rear disks but re-fitting its original overhauled calipers. There are various other things I've done to it but you all won't want to hear about the full list - Cos it's a Merc NOT an Audi! I've bunged on a few pics anyway just cos I can............ :whistle2:

DSC 0287
DSC 0288
DSC 0294
DSC 0297
DSC 0305
DSC 0307

There's more, but only if you guys want to see it........ It's an ongoing project for now. :salute:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Well now Rob, you started off this thread saying 'not other German Brands' but thats actually what I've been doing the last few days - I have been given a Mercedes C220 (S203) CDi Coupe SE which needs a few things (a lot actually....) to make it MOTable.
Already replaced the front struts (from a scrap yard) & sourced/rebuilt & currently upgrading its brakes with bigger 330mm front Disks (new) & Calipers (from the same scrap yard). Also doing new rear disks but re-fitting its original overhauled calipers. There are various other things I've done to it but you all won't want to hear about the full list - Cos it's a Merc NOT an Audi! I've bunged on a few pics anyway just cos I can............ :whistle2:

View attachment 238299View attachment 238300View attachment 238301View attachment 238302View attachment 238303View attachment 238304

There's more, but only if you guys want to see it........ It's an ongoing project for now. :salute:
Cracking job.

Regardless of brand new parts always look good and are satisfying to see especially on older vehicles, if i had the shelter id love a project to work on like this, something you can take your time with work on it when you can and enjoy it.

Reactions: boffin486