A B9 A4 or A5 or Merc C Me?

Booboo

Reaction score
I'm torn between a B9 A4/A5 or a Merc C class premium plus.
It looks like the Merc has literally everything in it for about £19 to £20k for the 2018 model.
I've never owned a Merc and the 4matic are a bit rare too.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: pburv
Going to say Merc as this is an Audi forum so everyone else will say Audi :playful: quite fancy one personally although would happily take either in this very fortunate dilemma.

I love all cars , and for many years my next car was going to be a B8 Avant , then I sat in a S204...

I love all cars , and for many years my next car was going to be a B8 Avant , then I sat in a S204...
A Mahindra S204????:scared2: Are you mad? lol
Now I too love all car but............
large-813-tivolixlvelx_720x540.jpg
:haha:
So come on then what S204 are you on about? :whistle2:

Reactions: Gazwould
I got redundancy and got another job so thinking of treating myself
Sorry to hear you have lost your job. Some real 'sh**ty' times to be had by everyone at the moment.
Great news you managed to get another one though plus a bit of cash to treat yourself. Good luck with your purchase:thumbs up:
ps If it was me I would go for the Audi B9.:yes:

Reactions: Booboo
I’ve been tempted by the Merc C Class estate now and again. There are some very attractive offers from time to time and if you can afford a B9 A4, you’re also in C Class territory. The Merc is very plush and of course it’s a Merc, but I just don’t know enough about them or know enough owners to have confidence in the brand. My boss bought an SLK in 2001 and still has it, but some odd things went wrong with it and she had a devil of a job getting it serviced as the dealers in her locale and beyond were always fully booked weeks in advance. But I love the dramatic lines of the C Class estate compared to the rather conservative lines of the A4.

A Mahindra S204????:scared2: Are you mad? lol
Now I too love all car but............
large-813-tivolixlvelx_720x540.jpg
:haha:
So come on then what S204 are you on about? :whistle2:

This is the top of the range S204 .

7244043950 7f74f5d25b b

I've driven a coupe C 63 remapped to 520 bhp , a 6.2L NA V8 is quite a machine but I didn't like it's lack of opportunity to use it and it's 18mpg .

Here's mine.

2019 07 27 153800

With the great combination of 580 Nm and 60+mpg .

Reactions: Booboo and pburv
I think I like the B9 shape more than the C class. Either the Merc would need premium plus (full glass roof and burmester sound) or the B9 the needs the tech pack. TBH

I've took the plunge. Lovely spec Tax is a killer for 3 years

Last edited:
Reactions: Gazwould