A 2 further problems.

vwgtiking

Reaction score
My 1.8t has the 2 following issues. When I press the buttons to do the windows up the drivers side goes up then goes down again 1/3rd of the way from top. So press up again and it does it again. Eventually it doesn't. It does on the odd occasion.

2nd issue I noticed today the revs drop to around 5.5-6 and back to 8. It does this now or then. I have had new spark plugs, oil change, air filter and fuel filter. What can cause this? No errors on vcds.

2nd issue I noticed today the revs drop to around 5.5-6 and back to 8. It does this now or then. I have had new spark plugs, oil change, air filter and fuel filter. What can cause this? No errors on vcds.

Looking forward to the replies on this fella as mine does the rev dropping thing also after new plugs, oil & filters.
Wondered if it might be a coil pack but it never did it before the plug change :shrug:

it wont be coil packs could be a slight air leak maf on its way out could be caused by quite a few things.

the window give it a good clean and spray the rubbers
its the auto stop kicking in so maybe a tiny stone etc stuck in there somewhere.

Spray the rubbers with water or special product?

I check my maf on vcds and the g/s seems ok. But not checked it when it idles bad.

spray them with silicone spray or fairy liquid

one thing to check aswell is the window sat straight ?
not slightly down at one end.

Windows may need calibrating, sure it says how in the manual if they won't work properly in manual.
Think its something along the lines of, ign on, open window, then close the window all the way with the switch on the second click (one touch), when its closed hold the switch for a couple of seconds then release it.
Its then learnt the closed position of the window, and will stop and go down if something obstructs it while closing..

Does anything turn on at the instant the revs drop, air con or cooling fans etc, I had a Celica once with a pair of big ***** fans behind the rad, when these cut in the revs momentarily dropped, before the engine management brought the revs back up again..

No engine lights are on. It's not even all the time just once or twice in a 5mile journey full of stops and starts.

Well today i removed the maf on my car & checked the wiring & gave it a clean with some isopropyl cleaner, took it for a drive with it unplugged & plugged back in, no noticeable differences there. Then i unplugged the n75 valve & still no difference either.
Have recently noticed what seemed to be a very slight oil leak from somewhere near the diverter valve location so i ordered myself a new 1 & fitted that yesterday & gave everything a good wipe & clean over so as to keep an eye on where the possible leak may be coming from & today the culprit raised it's ugly little head! Split bottom intercooler hose just past where it does up with the jubilee clip, it looks like it has cut into the pipe thus creating a split & to which i'm hoping is the cause of my boost issues i've had since my remap. I have just ordered myself a nice brand new oem replacement intercooler hose & will let you know the outcome when it's fitted later on this week, fingers crossed :happy:

Cool. Get pics. I am not familiar with I/c and boost hoses on these 1.8t's yet.

Well i have replaced the intercooler hose 2 weeks ago now & i still have this little oil leak. Also the revs are still dropping whilst at idle so i am lost as for what to do next, any ideas guys?

My revs haven't done it in a while I am guessing and hoping because it sat for while at the bodyshop??

Last edited:
There's a small plastic valve somewhere thats part of the breather pipes system that is prone to fail on the 1.8t and affects the idle RPM don't ask me where it is though I have no idea.... i do know it looks like this though

gedc1311.jpg

Cheers for the info pal, gives me something to look into. Sounds like it could be the issue, only one way to find out i guess ;)

Quick update!
Ordered the new breather valve(035 103 245G) from germany of all places & also a new non return breather valve(06A133528D) & fitted them both this morning, so far it seems to have sorted the problem but will update in a few days. Thanks for your help guys :respekt: