9J TTS wheels on Audi s3

Rhyss

Reaction score
bought some TTS wheels in anthracite, I was under the impression they were the same wheels as the s3 but these are 9J lol!
God knows how much I'm going to have to spend on tyres now haha, anyone run 9j's on theirs? any rubbing etc... Calculator says they will stick out 17mm further, not sure if this is too much
Cheers, Rhys

Stock - 7.5Jx18 ET54

My wheels - 8Jx18 ET42

Stick out 18mm and no rubbing with arch screw removed.

You should be ok...but that is with 225/40/18 tyres..

My Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 tyres in 225/40/18 have around 5mm rim protection on 8J wheels. So on 9J they'll have slight stretch which should be OK again...

The above all theory so don't quote me on it lol...just thinking out aloud in order to try help :)

Reactions: Rhyss
Stock - 7.5Jx18 ET54

My wheels - 8Jx18 ET42

Stick out 18mm and no rubbing with arch screw removed.

You should be ok...but that is with 225/40/18 tyres..

My Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 tyres in 225/40/18 have around 5mm rim protection on 8J wheels. So on 9J they'll have slight stretch which should be OK again...

The above all theory so don't quote me on it lol...just thinking out aloud in order to try help :)
These are 9j et52, I would want 245's as I don't like stretched tyres.

Did it rub previously with the arch screw in place? Or did you just removed it as a precaution?

Will probably hit the suspension strut. 8.5j et 45 is around 8mm clear of the strut. As for 245's not much chance without serious amounts of camber or rolling the arches.

Will probably hit the suspension strut. 8.5j et 45 is around 8mm clear of the strut. As for 245's not much chance without serious amounts of camber or rolling the arches.

What a bummer!
Looks like I'll be posting them up on eBay tonight

Take a wheel off and see if you've already got them. Be able to see for yourself if it hits the struts or not.

Take a wheel off and see if you've already got them. Be able to see for yourself if it hits the struts or not.
Still yet to get tyres for them, so don't really want to buy tyres to find out they don't fit, no worries I'll just sell them for what I bought them for (hopefully) lol

You could try the alloy but if your set on 245 that's where the issue will be. Ask s3alex as he's got 245's but has had to do a fair amount of work to get them to fit properly

245 tyres is gonna be difficult...

A decent 235 won't have any stretch you could consider that?

For what it's worth, I managed to squeeze a set of 245s onto my 8P in January this year. Tight but no rubbing anywhere at all.

Cannot be certain this will work for an S3. Here are the numbers for my stock 2005 A3 (8P) 3.2 Sportback:

Original: 225/45 R17 on 7.5J x 17 et56
New: 245/35 R18 on 8J x 18 et43

I used this calculator from the US:
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Here's an idea of how it turned out:

103afdc931bd119396eb494c81cc1663.jpg

0a0bccd683fac4183675e9d588a2e7e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rhyss
Reflecting on your 9J x ?18? et52 wheels, I expect you'll hit the suspension strut like smurfworth says.

But a simple spacer will push your wheel out away from the strut.

This leaves only the wheel arch left to worry about which you can avoid by choosing just the right spacer thickness (to adjust your et) and by careful tyre selection.

Play with that tyre calculator and see whether you can make it work.

Liking those wheels. Good luck with your sale Rhyss.

Liking those wheels. Good luck with your sale Rhyss.

I was planning on having the 2 refurbed as I got them for a good price, but I'm sending them on their travels!
Cheers d2w