'98 A4 Concert Stereo Issue

car-mad

1998 A4 B5 1.9TDI (AFN)
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls!

Can one of you lovely people help me?

I have a '98 A4 Avant with the Concert audio equipment. It's developed a really random fault lately, and I could do with some advice.

I've been having intermittent CD ERR03 problems, so all I've been doing is taking the CD magazine out, popping it back in and all has been well. However...

The wife had a go at it the other day, and she must have done it right as the CDs still play, as does the radio... But, after about 30 seconds, the audio cuts and there's just beeping that comes out of it, and this beeping gets louder the longer you leave it. Switch off, switch on again, works fine... For 30 seconds, until it starts beeping again!

Help me please, I'm getting a proper roasting for knowing how to fix the car mechanically but not when it comes to the stereo!

Thanks!

Chris

Mine started off doing ERR03.
I removed it all, sold it on ebay and bought a standard CD, MP3, Bluetooth unit.
Never looked back.

Hey Scott

Thanks for the advice, the problem is that it may well be leaving for pastures new in the next couple of weeks, and I don't want to spend any money on it if at all possible. A well-known search engine, starting with 'G' and ending with 'oogle' is proving to be about as useful as, erm... Boobs on a fish, so I thought I'd ask the lovely guys on here :)

Cheers

Chris

Haha! Well, I really just wanna get it fixed... It's doing my head in, and it's got a grumbly front wheel bearing... I say grumbly, I mean massively noisy and in dire need of replacement...