1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92.8 Stroke crankshaft

S3 Hilife Oct 12, 2018 at 2:50 PM

1. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro

I’m looking for some information on which 2.0T FSI crankshaft to buy for my build. I’m a little bit confused and keep getting conflicting information on which part number or engine code to go for. I want to get a forged 92.8mm stroke crank and I have always been under the impression that any 2.0T FSI 16v crankshaft was forged and then it just needs the 1.8T oil pump gear press fitting on but some people say they have differences depending on the engine code and some are not suitable for a 20v stroker build due to being cast and not forged???

I’ve seen a reconditioned one for sale with part number 6AAJ apparently from engine codes CDL BWA BGB AXX. I don’t know if it is forged or cast but I messaged the seller who told me it’s been crack tested and alignment checked. Journals have been polished with main journals being standard size and the big end journals are 0.25mm undersized

First question, Is this the correct part number I’m looking for from the engine numbers above? If not what should I be looking for?

would 0.25mm undersized be out of tolerance on the big end journal?

Or should I be looking at buying a brand new part from a main dealer? :sadlike:

Steve

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Part numbers for the correct crank and 1.8t oil sprocket
    06A 105 021 AR - Crankshaft
    06A 105 209 - 1.8t Crank oil pump Gear

<tuffty/>

S3 Hilife likes this.
  4. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro

Legend mate, Thank you :)

5. IanPG

IanPG Well-Known Member Silver Supporter Team Nogaro Blue Audi S3

Just like you said.

Any TFSI transverse 2.0L will be forged.

You can use non turbo variants (I did) but it’s not forged.

Swap the oil sprocket from 1.8t to the 2.0 crank - make sure you got frozen ice spray and heat gun

S3 Hilife likes this.
  6. Dohcwp

Dohcwp Setting the Standard Team Silver Audi A3

7. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

Don't know if this is any help to you. I saw it on fb and thought it might be of interest. You prob can get them closer to home but I'll let you decide that one. Screenshot_20181013-211240.png