S3 Hilife

It's an addiction
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I’m looking for some information on which 2.0T FSI crankshaft to buy for my build. I’m a little bit confused and keep getting conflicting information on which part number or engine code to go for. I want to get a forged 92.8mm stroke crank and I have always been under the impression that any 2.0T FSI 16v crankshaft was forged and then it just needs the 1.8T oil pump gear press fitting on but some people say they have differences depending on the engine code and some are not suitable for a 20v stroker build due to being cast and not forged???

I’ve seen a reconditioned one for sale with part number 6AAJ apparently from engine codes CDL BWA BGB AXX. I don’t know if it is forged or cast but I messaged the seller who told me it’s been crack tested and alignment checked. Journals have been polished with main journals being standard size and the big end journals are 0.25mm undersized

First question, Is this the correct part number I’m looking for from the engine numbers above? If not what should I be looking for?

would 0.25mm undersized be out of tolerance on the big end journal?

Or should I be looking at buying a brand new part from a main dealer? :sadlike:

Steve

Part numbers for the correct crank and 1.8t oil sprocket
06A 105 021 AR - Crankshaft
06A 105 209 - 1.8t Crank oil pump Gear

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3 Hilife
Just like you said.

Any TFSI transverse 2.0L will be forged.

You can use non turbo variants (I did) but it’s not forged.

Swap the oil sprocket from 1.8t to the 2.0 crank - make sure you got frozen ice spray and heat gun

Reactions: S3 Hilife
Don't know if this is any help to you. I saw it on fb and thought it might be of interest. You prob can get them closer to home but I'll let you decide that one. Screenshot 20181013 211240

Guys, was the forged TFSI crankshaft a 6AAJ in the end? Using the part number I can’t find a definitive answer anywhere.

Yeah looking into it, no one seems to advertise the part number other than 6AAJ. Would I be silly to buy a 2nd hand one. Should I be buying a brand new one.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was new but they were cheaper then... not sure on the current price but secondhand can be a bit of a minefield...

<tuffty/>

That’s my only concern. Annoyingly no where is open to properly enquire. That said I’ve found out that the AR crankshaft was in all VW/Audi 2.0 FSi 16v engines with 150PS.

Engine codes BVY, BLY, BLR, BVZ, AXW, BMB, ALT.

Which are all Non-turbo....

That suggests the TFSI (Turbo’d) engines has cast crankshafts?!

AR is a forged crank

<tuffty/>

Yeah I know just trying to find out what codes they put on the web of those cranks because no ones sells them under the AR part number.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/crankshaft/06a105021bp~oev/

AR has most likely been superseded and TPS/Audi/VAG parts dept should be able to find the revised number...

<tuffty/>

Thanks dude, being as the crankshaft is basically the heart of the engine, buying new is a no brainer..... I think parts request is potentially open next week. I’ll fire across the AR part number and see what’s superseded it. Assuming the revised crankshaft will be stronger?

It will have a different number printed on it... thats all I can tell yah lol

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3AMJ
Tps are open so can give you the part number but will only sell to account holders till all this dies down

Reactions: S3AMJ
I’ll put the call into them, although I’m not an account holder.... they’ve all tightened up on who they sell to these days which suck, use to order all my stuff from them

Yeah pain in the ar5e I got a mate to order and been waiting 2 weeks on parts to come, one they allow collections again will be ok , other option is open a ltd company for £12 as mobile mechanic and get delivered to your house

Haha there’s an idea! Might have to result to that mate, depends what parts request come back with. They’ve done well by me so far..... managed to get a 19mm R32 rear anti roll bar for a bargain. See what they say about the crank, itching to start getting parts for the stroker build next year.

Tbh They’ve not been that good for me the parts request ordered a few thing but tps usually cheaper and slow to respond

Hi guys, sorry jumping in on this thread and I hope that you’re so kind to help me. I’ve come across a ALT crank for a reasonable price, can I take it that it’s the same as a tfsi crank and all I need to do is remove the 21 tooth oil pump sprocket and install the 19tooth 1.8t?
I’m going to fit a g30-900 over winter and just getting things together.

thanks in advance