8Y styling exterior design origins

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
It's taken almost a year from the onset of early press photos to actually seeing the car on the road to realize well to my eyes where the split opinion has evolved with the new 8y...exterior styling.... to sum up it's just not Audi enough...Driving home tonight...via oncoming traffic may l add, l saw a PFL,FL and an 8Y......PFL...FL ye know it's an AUDI coming your way..... the 8Y looks like a Hyundia/Korean car it's the least Audi looking car to date

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 8YARWY
Lol that's a bit harsh Jassy - it looks like most of the other Audi's in the current range. (A1,A4, A5)

Tbh if Korean cars looked like that I'd buy them - probably more reliable LOL (tongue in cheek)

I will admit though the previous shape feels more elegant in styling, the new 8y is a stark contrast (which I think is the reason for it dividing opinion)

Reactions: AdamInKent
It's taken almost a year from the onset of early press photos to actually seeing the car on the road to realize well to my eyes where the split opinion has evolved with the new 8y...exterior styling.... to sum up it's just not Audi enough...Driving home tonight...via oncoming traffic may l add, l saw a PFL,FL and an 8Y......PFL...FL ye know it's an AUDI coming your way..... the 8Y looks like a Hyundia/Korean car it's the least Audi looking car to date

I don’t know why people have an issue. It has styling derived from the rs6 avant. Styling changes on one model then filters down to the other models. The A8 is unmistakably Audi. Wide *** grille, lights etc. It takes time to get used to change.
I had a MK5 VW golf, didn’t like the mk6 design at first but did after a while. Same from mk6 to mk7, though I preferred the mk7.5 over the 7.
When I first saw the 8Y on press release I didn’t like it. Now that I’ve spent more time looking at it my opinion U-turned.
It’s human nature to resist change. Audis design language has changed. I look back at my 8V and think it looks old. Still have good memories of the car, still like it.
I liked the original A5, don’t like the current one. Don’t like the interior or exterior. I guess my A5 is your 8Y Jassyo6.
I am of the opposite opinion where I think the 8Y is unmistakably Audi.
All manufacturers have bits of design from each other. Audi I believe was the first with the single frame grille that I can remember. (Might be wrong) on the a4 B7 from what I can remember, and it appeared in some form on Hyundai afterward. Volvo were the first to do the third high level brake light that appears on every car now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ludus, Joe mcgrath, AdamInKent and 1 other person
You know those cars are Audi’s coming towards you because they’ve been around for the last 5 years, the only thing that’s not more than a slight tweak IMO is the headlights. They’re very distinctively different now compared to what they were previously.

I Can’t help but feel this is just another attempt at trying to kick off another argument with people if I’m honest, we know you don’t like the 8Y ‍♂️

Reactions: Ludus, NIKLDN, Euans2 and 5 others
Lol that's a bit harsh Jassy - it looks like most of the other Audi's in the current range. (A1,A4, A5)

Tbh if Korean cars looked like that I'd buy them - probably more reliable LOL (tongue in cheek)

I will admit though the previous shape feels more elegant in styling, the new 8y is a stark contrast (which I think is the reason for it dividing opinion)
April fool wind up lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, auzzam_crd and AdamInKent