8Y RS3 Gremlins thread.

New one today. Time on VC stands still but time on MMI moves on. Any ideas how to fix?
99eafe0e081d77edb40dbd2d4e81e828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
New one today. Time on VC stands still but time on MMI moves on. Any ideas how to fix?
99eafe0e081d77edb40dbd2d4e81e828.jpg

Cycling ignition / locking / unlocking not sort it ?

emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png

bee68cc1525b7d370b2f25ec0bd02e7c.jpg

You spoiled the surpise!... or maybe not a surpise :tearsofjoy:

Poor show from VAG and Merc, all their previous generations are higher up the list than the current ones

If you think it is bad now wait until the auto speed limiter arrives on any next gen car.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
Seems to have fixed itself this morning. Working fine now. Strange things these.

On a side note the interior does come alive when it's dark. Looks great with the green strips. I wonder if the foot well lights could be changed to green?

Seems to have fixed itself this morning. Working fine now. Strange things these.

On a side note the interior does come alive when it's dark. Looks great with the green strips. I wonder if the foot well lights could be changed to green?
The footwell lights are included in the 'surfaces' colour and brightness options of the individual settings. Don't think that you can have separate footwell and surface colours though, I think they're just linked.

Reactions: kayemill
Has anyone else noticed the coverage on the inbuilt sim has changed for the better recently?

Either Cubic Telecom dumped O2 UK or something else has changed?

The footwell lights are included in the 'surfaces' colour and brightness options of the individual settings. Don't think that you can have separate footwell and surface colours though, I think they're just linked.
My footwell lights stay white?

My footwell lights stay white?

Interesting. I’ll have to double check but don’t have the car right now as it’s being detailed. I’m 90% sure the footwell options can change colours.

It’s always white until you turn on the ignition though.

Interesting. I’ll have to double check but don’t have the car right now as it’s being detailed. I’m 90% sure the footwell options can change colours.

It’s always white until you turn on the ignition though.

Mine change.

Reactions: Daggerit
Are the interior lights an option if you have a standard car maybe? Only thing I can think of.

No all standard across the models.

Are the interior lights an option if you have a standard car maybe? Only thing I can think of.

Mines a Vorsprung, I was messing the other night, settings for any colour for Surfaces and trim? (whatever) but nothing available for footwell, only % brightness

Mines a Vorsprung, I was messing the other night, settings for any colour for Surfaces and trim? (whatever) but nothing available for footwell, only % brightness

I think it just matches the surfaces colour, whatever you choose for them. Try messing with those and see if the footwell changes at the same time.

I think it just matches the surfaces colour, whatever you choose for them. Try messing with those and see if the footwell changes at the same time.

Nope, they stay white whatever I select,

My ambient lights are white no matter what colour I select / set during the daytime. Once the light level drops and the headlights come in, the ambient lights will then change colour. Never been able to figure out if it's supposed to be this way or not?

My ambient lights are white no matter what colour I select / set during the daytime. Once the light level drops and the headlights come in, the ambient lights will then change colour. Never been able to figure out if it's supposed to be this way or not?

Same. It’s how it is.

I was wrong

I was seeing a reflection of the ambient light on the pedal, so it looked ‘coloured’ but they ain’t.
a16be155b2fe88b014cfeff53db6d564.jpg

a9af11f1c310f0e55af18573ee117ae4.jpg

Reactions: Daggerit and kayemill
I was wrong

I was seeing a reflection of the ambient light on the pedal, so it looked ‘coloured’ but they ain’t.
a16be155b2fe88b014cfeff53db6d564.jpg

a9af11f1c310f0e55af18573ee117ae4.jpg

I just got my car back and was going to say similar. I’m sure I remember them being the same colour as the surfaces though, vividly! In my head I seem to remember that they used to change from the chosen colour to white when the car was turned off, like the rest of the interior lights.

Oh well, white only it is! Haha.

Does anyone else’s volume roller on the steering wheel feel like it’s missing a click once per full revolution or is my roller just a bit faulty?

Does anyone else’s volume roller on the steering wheel feel like it’s missing a click once per full revolution or is my roller just a bit faulty?

Not noticed this one.

Has anyone else noticed the coverage on the inbuilt sim has changed for the better recently?

Either Cubic Telecom dumped O2 UK or something else has changed?

Here’s their reply;

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply.

In UK we work exclusively with Vodafone.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Cubic Telecom Data Plans Service Customer Support

Which is strange as I thought they used O2!!!!

Latest gremlin for me, cannot add phones, just greyed out and says currently unavailable! Been like it for a few weeks but wanted to see if it went away. Irony is, the phone is connected if someone calls!
Android auto unaffected.
What a piece of crap the MMI can be!

Reactions: RS03???, DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
New one from me today;

Audi Pre Sense not available
Lane Assist not available
eSOS Call not available

All come up as not available one after the other and then a few seconds later the fault completely disappears from the dash?

This is the second time it’s flashed all of those up and then they stay for a few seconds and then they disappear from the error part of the virtual cockpit . . .

Anyone else had them and/or know what it might be? I’m on software 3801 not sure if that affects this part of the car though . . .

Latest gremlin for me, cannot add phones, just greyed out and says currently unavailable! Been like it for a few weeks but wanted to see if it went away. Irony is, the phone is connected if someone calls!
Android auto unaffected.
I've had issues with Apple Car Play recently as if its not connected with the usb cable plugged in. Bluetooth is fine when unplugged.

Android auto unaffected.

Hold down volume circle on the power button bit for 30-40 seconds until the MMI reboots

Try again

If that doesn’t work hold two fingers in the top right of the screen for a few seconds until the engineering menu loads then hit quit

Try again

If neither work it’s a trip to the dealers lol

Reactions: kayemill, RSt3ve and IanL-RS3
Hold down volume circle on the power button bit for 30-40 seconds until the MMI reboots

Try again

If that doesn’t work hold two fingers in the top right of the screen for a few seconds until the engineering menu loads then hit quit

Try again

If neither work it’s a trip to the dealers lol

Cheers I'll try that, thanks.

Anyone know the reason why the Sat Nav starts up in poor quality mode like an old Tom Tom and then with what seems a variable time frame switches to Google Maps mode? sometimes the switch is instant and sometimes it may take a couple of minutes

Anyone know the reason why the Sat Nav starts up in poor quality mode like an old Tom Tom and then with what seems a variable time frame switches to Google Maps mode? sometimes the switch is instant and sometimes it may take a couple of minutes

Lol not had that yet…….

I can only imagine that it's downloading the content so if the signal isn't the strongest maybe it takes a second to update?

I can only imagine that it's downloading the content so if the signal isn't the strongest maybe it takes a second to update?
Sometimes it's ok when I start it up in the garage, sometimes it will stay in 'crap' mode for a mile or so, i'm tending to leave it in sat nav mode just to see how long it takes

Favourites list for radio stations deleted itself today

Favourites list for radio stations deleted itself today

Check you’re not logged out

Or you didn’t accidentally press apply settings as that wipes radio presets.

No point reporting it as there’s no solution for that issue they haven’t solved it since launch 2 years ago.