Sportback 8V1 RS3 MIB Update

Rommies

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2016 8V1 RS3 (CZGB motor)..

I’m getting mixed answers all around regarding MIB1 vs MIB2 software updates.

I am not interested in navigation (map) updates.

I would really like apple CarPlay but MIB1 does not support it.

The unit I have is apparently the “high-end” MIB1 unit where the central controls are silver / aluminium with the 7” High Res screen.

Is there a way to update the MIB firmware software so that I can have apple CarPlay function?

If not, the one guy said to me I need to change out the unit completely with a new digital cluster.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all,

I have a 2016 8V1 RS3 (CZGB motor)..

I’m getting mixed answers all around regarding MIB1 vs MIB2 software updates.

I am not interested in navigation (map) updates.

I would really like apple CarPlay but MIB1 does not support it.

The unit I have is apparently the “high-end” MIB1 unit where the central controls are silver / aluminium with the 7” High Res screen.

Is there a way to update the MIB firmware software so that I can have apple CarPlay function?

If not, the one guy said to me I need to change out the unit completely with a new digital cluster.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have the MIB1 unit and just paid £300 to have a 3rd party one installed.

It works along side with Audi interface so you can swap between Audi and car play. Works great.

It’s about 95% as fluid as a manufactured car play. Sometimes can play up but nothing that irritates me.

Check out veehive. They install it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6460fe3da2e56d63d1094ba6324570d3.jpg

Thanks. Can you perhaps share a URL link?

Many thanks.

Did you go for the Audi A3 Hive MMI?

Reactions: Marky79
Did you go for the Audi A3 Hive MMI?

Looks an interesting unit that. No coding needed too. I was put off previously as some needed the AUX enabling via VCDS(which I could of done, but wasn’t keen). wonder how the sound quality is through the B&O. notice there’s no added mic too, wonder how the calls and voice are handled through CarPlay?

It’s not 100% but what after market unit is. I’d say it’s 95% as good as a manufactured installed unit.

Sound is still played through B&O fine. Phone quality uses external mic which isn’t the best but does the job.

Overall I’m happy I did it.

I bought one of the Bavarian Automotive Car Play units, plugged it in to test and all seemed to work well.

May be selling the car though soon now so might be sticking it up for sale

I also bought the camera as it was only £30 but needs some wiring to get it working and that's not something I'll be able to do.

I bought one of the Bavarian Automotive Car Play units, plugged it in to test and all seemed to work well.

May be selling the car though soon now so might be sticking it up for sale

I also bought the camera as it was only £30 but needs some wiring to get it working and that's not something I'll be able to do.
did you sell it? if not, would you like to?