8V VCDS Mods

Another odd one, I can’t get the blinkers to flash conformation of comfort closing completing successfully. Any ideas?
Would help if you can tell us what steps you have taken in order to try and activate the feature...

Would help if you can tell us what steps you have taken in order to try and activate the feature...
Sorry, at first I presumed it would be a given, the car came with global closing already, but after reading that they should blink on confirmation I thought I’d try coding it but not sure where to check.

Sorry, at first I presumed it would be a given, the car came with global closing already, but after reading that they should blink on confirmation I thought I’d try coding it but not sure where to check.
Standard feature on VW’s but not on Audi’s unfortunately.

adaptations in 09 and search for and activate:

gptische Rueckmeldung Komfortschliessen

Reactions: Marky79
Standard feature on VW’s but not on Audi’s unfortunately.

adaptations in 09 and search for and activate:

gptische Rueckmeldung Komfortschliessen
Cheers Alix, I’ll give it a bash tomorrow.

Reactions: DJAlix
Cheers guys, much appreciated!

Will drop you a message pop if I get stuck ;)

Well I ended up with an OBDeleven device to play around with, whilst it can do long coding it doesn't show control module 10 (it has module 76 'parking assist' but think this is something differnt?) so can't do the coding, balls.

Will have to get hold of a VCDS cable or the like to code it in instead.

Last edited:
  • 10 - Park Assist
  • Security Access = 71679
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 3
  • Activate Bit 4

Also I asked the OBDeleven people about control unit 10 not showing, the reply I got was that there is no control unit 10 for my car.

Doesn't instill the most confidence in them!

Also I asked the OBDeleven people about control unit 10 not showing, the reply I got was that there is no control unit 10 for my car.

Doesn't instill the most confidence in them!
Control unit 10 and 76 are the same thing, just identified differently within different tools / applications.

Control unit 10 and 76 are the same thing, just identified differently within different tools / applications.

Ah didn't know that, thanks!

So I should just be able to go into 76 and change byte 3 to activate bit 4, then is there anything else I need to do or does the auto front sensors thing just start working? :)

Thanks again!

Ah didn't know that, thanks!

So I should just be able to go into 76 and change byte 3 to activate bit 4, then is there anything else I need to do or does the auto front sensors thing just start working? :)

Thanks again!
Make the coding change, turn off the car and lock for 5 mins, then unlock and test.

Hoping for a little help. I have a 2015 S3 and am trying to have only the DRL come on for CH/LH. I have made the following changes in VCDS and am still having the low beam come on.

Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Not active
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Not active
Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> Fog light

I've searched this thread and am stumped... any suggestions?

Hoping for a little help. I have a 2015 S3 and am trying to have only the DRL come on for CH/LH. I have made the following changes in VCDS and am still having the low beam come on.

Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Not active
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Not active
Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> Fog light

I've searched this thread and am stumped... any suggestions?

Try doing it like this:
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimmwert CD 6 -> Value 0
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimming Direction CD 6 -> Minimize

Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimmwert CD 7 -> Value 0
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimming Direction CD 7 -> Minimize

And change back Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten to the value it was before.

This works for Golf 7 but I don't know about Audi.

Reactions: ga0887
Does anyone know if it is possible to intiatie convenience open / open all windows / sunroof from the door handle?

That is to say:

If I press and hold the unlock button on the keyfob all the windows roll down. Can I in theory do the same thing but, instead when going to unlock the car I keep my hand underneath the door handle and hold it there to roll the windows down. Is this possible?

Also, during convenience open/close from the keyfob is there a way to open the sunroof fully instead of just tilting it up? Is there a way to code this in?

I have a 2017 S3 btw as a reference.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Try doing it like this:
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimmwert CD 6 -> Value 0
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimming Direction CD 6 -> Minimize

Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimmwert CD 7 -> Value 0
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimming Direction CD 7 -> Minimize

And change back Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten to the value it was before.

This works for Golf 7 but I don't know about Audi.

This worked! Thank you!!

Reactions: Lehn
Been trying to get the auto front parking sensors coded in my 2016 RS3 as above and an giving up for now ;)

Using the OBD11 I’ve coded the right bit as had very kindly been provided above, but it doesn’t seem to have done anything.

May revisit this if/when I buy a proper VCDS cable in future!

Question for those who have retrofitted the puddle/warning lamps or those whose cars came with them installed.

Is the functionality of these lights such that anytime you open the doors the lights are activated? i.e. they will turn on during the daylight?

And if that is the default operation is there a way to code them so that they only activate at night? Link to automatic headlights perhaps?

Question for those who have retrofitted the puddle/warning lamps or those whose cars came with them installed.

Is the functionality of these lights such that anytime you open the doors the lights are activated? i.e. they will turn on during the daylight?

And if that is the default operation is there a way to code them so that they only activate at night? Link to automatic headlights perhaps?

Yep, always on when you open the door. No idea about disabling them, but as you don’t really see them in daylight, why bother?

Is it possible to code personalities to the a FL A3, so the preset radio stations change based on the key?

Fxck people are assholes!! I have a Ross Tech cable for my wife’s SQ5 and my RS3. I just like trying new things but need to know a few things before confident to try new stuff. Would love to see it. You recon he’ll PM it to me?

I’ve been a long time lurker new posting here. Usually I’m. Over at OZ Audi.
document longer exists.

E
Excuse my ignorance. What were people doing that was so bad? I read somewhere that some **** wad was charging people for modding their cars. Was that it?

I’ve seen other documents in the S5/RS5 and a few more that fellow members were compiling.
I created a document and I did not like how it was being used so I withdrew and then deleted it.

If others want to create documents and guides that’s up to them.

I feel like I have asked this like 3 times in different threads.

1. Can you open the sunroof fully with convenience open?

2. Can you open all windows from the door handle. You can hold the lock button on the door handle to close all windows, I was just curious to know if you could keep your hand underneath the handle and bring all the windows down. Then again the sensor might not be searching for values during that time, idk.

I still do not understand what happened. Is this a case of job security? In other words, someone is worried that because these mods are public they won't be able to charge people to program them in now?

Nothing to understand. I did not like how the document was being used so I pulled it, simples.

There are loads of mods for the MQB platform documented and detailed here, other forums, YouTube and all over the internet for anyone to find.

Reactions: 8YARWY
My guess Would be to keep his license for tools and codes reserved for dealer or authorized businesses such as himself as they probably don’t like such info being out there

otherwise you would just remove rather than destroy

other thought could be implications if something went wrong and guides where provided by him/his business

Can you be a little more specific? All you’ve said so far is “I don’t like how it was being used” or the like.
I’m sure if you’re more specific people will let it rest. I’m very curious. How was it being misused??

Sorry, but why does someone who runs a business coding VAG cars have to explain to you anything to do with what he does with the knowledge he has? It's his business, he's not a charity.

Can you be a little more specific? All you’ve said so far is “I don’t like how it was being used” or the like.
I’m sure if you’re more specific people will let it rest. I’m very curious. How was it being misused??
No.

My guess Would be to keep his license for tools and codes reserved for dealer or authorized businesses such as himself as they probably don’t like such info being out there

otherwise you would just remove rather than destroy

Modifications are well detailed both here and across the internet for anyone that wants knows how to use a browser and search engine.

other thought could be implications if something went wrong and guides where provided by him/his business

indeed

Reactions: PaulWhitt82
Well I don’t know that do I? I’m quite new here. He can tell me to f... off if he likes. I’m not being difficult, it seems to me hes being a little illusive.
Just tell me to mind my own business. Don’t sit on the fence. I’ll tell you if you’re a f.ckwit.
If you use this forum correctly, ie in a browser and not an app etc, you will see that people have signatures at the end of their posts... mine says VAG Car Coding Limited. I sit on the fence because I don’t like to tell people to FO, but am getting there

Understood, and like I’ve said before I respect your decision, be it for business or personal not to publish the list.

From my guess, a competition or someone was using the list to charge people to change things on their cars. Am I close?

By the way, where is your business based??

Honestly, we're here to talk about cars and help each other so please mind your own business and use this thread as intended.

I have made my own "cheatsheet" document with the help from DJAlix, this forum in general, several hours of Googling etc. and at the beginning of reading this thread I felt like sharing it but not now - I know you're not asking for it but this is how far you get with that attitude.

And if you would use just two seconds to either follow the link in DJAlix's signature or search for "VAG Car Coding Limited" on Google you would find that he provides coding in:

London, United Kingdom (All Coding and Retrofit Services)
Leicester, United Kingdom (Selected Coding and Retrofit Services)
Lamia, Greece (Selected Coding Services)

Reactions: Sandra and DJAlix
I’m gona give you one more opportunity to read back through my posts and see how my “Attitude” was inappropriate? I was asking a question. I have a cable for my car. I help anyone in my area who wants help.

If you had a file why didn’t you say you had one?
I’m happy with my car and yes I’ve done all the research myself. I just help others with their cars, and no not for money. That’s why I asked for the file.
Why would you even keep stuff like that for yourself anyway.

Note: not that I wanted to let people know that I help people for the love of it but you guys assume.....
Am gonna ask that this subject is now dropped, at least here, as it’s off topic. You want to carry on this discussion? Start a new thread.

Reactions: Sparks43
Anyway I’ll end this right here. It will be the last post about it. I’ll end in saying,
DJAlix, I meant no harm. Just asking a question as so not to repeat what happened with this so called file.

I hang around here to see if I can add to my knowledge of tweaking as to help others with their cars. Anyone in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney want help PM me.
Get yourself added to the VCDS map if you have not already.

Auto summer time clock adjust. Is this possible on the PFL A3 8V? If so, what's the coding please.

Auto summer time clock adjust. Is this possible on the PFL A3 8V? If so, what's the coding please.

Hi Mark

Yes I've done it on my 2014 PFL A3 8V. You'll need to make some changes using a VCDS cable (genuine not a knock-off!):

1. 5F - Information Elect.
2 Adaptatopm - 10
3. Channel = Summertime automatic
4. Enter New Value

Possible Values:
  • None
  • Manual
  • Europe (Automatic)
  • USA
  • Automatic (does not work - Request out of Range error)
NB - Audi UK Default = Manual

Now using the Europe (Automatic) setting the DST changes automatically.

Hope this helps, but of course usual disclaimer applies (i.e. don't blame me if something goes wrong!)
Peter

Reactions: Marky79
Hi Mark

Yes I've done it on my 2014 PFL A3 8V. You'll need to make some changes using a VCDS cable (genuine not a knock-off!):

1. 5F - Information Elect.
2 Adaptatopm - 10
3. Channel = Summertime automatic
4. Enter New Value

Possible Values:
  • None
  • Manual
  • Europe (Automatic)
  • USA
  • Automatic (does not work - Request out of Range error)
NB - Audi UK Default = Manual

Now using the Europe (Automatic) setting the DST changes automatically.

Hope this helps, but of course usual disclaimer applies (i.e. don't blame me if something goes wrong!)
Peter
That’s a handy one I’ve not seen posted anywhere before. Something new to code. LOL.
Cheers.

I'm trying to change the wiper washer time for the front wipers (not headlights), and found under Module 9 > Front Washer > Mindestwaschzeit_Frontwischer with a current value of 2000ms. The input allows only 0-31 so I'm loathed to change it and not be able to set it back. Does anyone know how 1-31 translates to milliseconds, or is this put just formatted incorrectly on OBDEleven?

I changed mine back in 17 when I got the car, think 500ms is the lowest it’ll go. Makes a difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem might be specific to OBDEleven. The input box is for the value of 0-31 and not in milliseconds like on VCDS on older models for some reason. Just can't work out how that translates to time.

View attachment 209110

Not sure as I don’t use OBD11.

Seems too hit and miss to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its old this, bit
Some time ago members were asking if there was any way the Start/Stop system could be switched off permanently using VCDS. Well I have just found this by a member allenlin on the GolfGTI Forum.

1. access 19 Can Gateway
2. click on Adaption-10
3. go to channel (1) Start/Stop...... and change the value from -50 to the new value of 50 - click Do It
4. go to channel (2) Start/Stop...... and again change the value from -50 to the new value of 50 - click Do It.

If anyone wants copies of the VCDS screen for doing this send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a PDF file.

I assume this will work but, not yet having an 8V, I have not tried it, although my try it on my current 8P and see if it works the same on that.
THANKS
Some time ago members were asking if there was any way the Start/Stop system could be switched off permanently using VCDS. Well I have just found this by a member allenlin on the GolfGTI Forum.

1. access 19 Can Gateway
2. click on Adaption-10
3. go to channel (1) Start/Stop...... and change the value from -50 to the new value of 50 - click Do It
4. go to channel (2) Start/Stop...... and again change the value from -50 to the new value of 50 - click Do It.

If anyone wants copies of the VCDS screen for doing this send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a PDF file.

I assume this will work but, not yet having an 8V, I have not tried it, although my try it on my current 8P and see if it works the same on that.
Cant do this on my s3 8v.....its been disabled the stop start has, so i went into adaption 10 in can gateway.... And put in - 50 to activate stop /start..... But each time it say request out of range.