8V VCDS Mods

Might be a silly question but I hope someone can confirm. I want to try the exhaust valve mod (valves always open) on a 2018 S3. I assume that I'm still able to do this with OBDEleven?

Might be a silly question but I hope someone can confirm. I want to try the exhaust valve mod (valves always open) on a 2018 S3. I assume that I'm still able to do this with OBDEleven?

You sure are! See my guide below.

Upload 2018 6 26 12 57 44

Reactions: Jbond312
Ok so I received the device today. Paired it via Bluetooth. Ignition is turned on in the car, I hit connect and it’s just stuck at “Connecting” for about 20mins. I’m assuming this isn’t normal? Anyone had this trouble before?

I’m guessing it maybe the cheapo android phone I had laying around that I’m using. Although it is running Android 7.

Ok so I received the device today. Paired it via Bluetooth. Ignition is turned on in the car, I hit connect and it’s just stuck at “Connecting” for about 20mins. I’m assuming this isn’t normal? Anyone had this trouble before?

I’m guessing it maybe the cheapo android phone I had laying around that I’m using. Although it is running Android 7.
Data connection on the phone?

Yep. Not sure if it makes a difference but it was a wifi hotspot from my iPhones 4g connection.
Just needs a data connect of some sort I found when testing it. Other than that I cannot assist as once I got it working the first change / tweak I tested failed so I put it back in its box and have not seen it since lol.

Reactions: T-800
Just needs a data connect of some sort I found when testing it. Other than that I cannot assist as once I got it working the first change / tweak I tested failed so I put it back in its box and have not seen it since lol.

Sounds like a positive experience haha. We’ll I’ll give it a another go with a more up to date android phone and if that still fails. I may be asking to pay you a visit! :D

Sounds like a positive experience haha. We’ll I’ll give it a another go with a more up to date android phone and if that still fails. I may be asking to pay you a visit! :D
Never been a fan and the unit I have was a freebie. More than welcome over.

Reactions: Jbond312
Never been a fan and the unit I have was a freebie. More than welcome over.
Not the right thread but since you're discussion connections, any idea how to get a licence for traffic data on google maps? Expired on my vehicle

Well, it turned out my issue was the phone that I was using. Whilst the Dev's obviously support the Android version I have, the screen size was too small. I kept getting this screen pop up and didn't know what to do as it let me select my car but I couldn't get out of the pop-up screen after or scroll up and down so I just pressed 'Back' and it just returns to the constant 'Connecting...' circle. I got my Sisters Samsung Galaxy and could then see some 'Ok', 'Cancel' buttons!

IMG 0570

The rest worked fine from there.

Reactions: rcnacura
Hey, is it possible to adjust when flaps are going to open instead of keeping them open permanently? E.g at 1500rpm instead of 3000rpm.

Hey, is it possible to adjust when flaps are going to open instead of keeping them open permanently? E.g at 1500rpm instead of 3000rpm.
Nope, VCDS and alike = Open or closed. For anything else you would need remap as the parameters are in firmware.

Reactions: Adiue
Sup peeps.... So got myself some 18" rims had the nasty audi 16s... I saw previously someone mention the Tyre item... Has anyone figured it out...

Help would really be appricated...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sup peeps.... So got myself some 18" rims had the nasty audi 16s... I saw previously someone mention the Tyre item... Has anyone figured it out...

Help would really be appricated...

What do you mean?

Original VCDS Hex-net | VCP | Odis-S | Odis-E | A3 8V Facelift Limousine

What do you mean?

Fitting different size wheels can affect a vehicle speedo. In many vehicles there is coding in order to compensate for this however no one has really tested / played with this as yet, well not that have published any results anyway.

Reactions: Jose Rodrigues
Fitting different size wheels can affect a vehicle speedo. In many vehicles there is coding in order to compensate for this however no one has really tested / played with this as yet, well not that have published any results anyway.
What DJAlix said, I could of phrased it better....

Ah ok. Now i understand what you mean. No sorry, i've seen the different coding on a couple of vehicles but never did any testing etc.

Could anyone with factory fitted 18s please check what theirs says... Pretty please... Will check what's mine and post here tomorrow

Could anyone with factory fitted 18s please check what theirs says... Pretty please... Will check what's mine and post here tomorrow

Byte 03 > Bits 0-2
  • My old PFL Saloon = 00 (Continental Sport Contact 5)
  • FL Saloon = 40 (Pirelli PZero)
*both cars with factory 19" 5 wing arm alloys

My FL saloon with factory 18 inch = 40

i ask you about this before. so is this the actual working coding?

also did you get to the magride delete coding yet? for those of us who want to use aftermarket coilovers but have magride.

Byte 03 > Bits 0-2
  • My old PFL Saloon = 00 (Continental Sport Contact 5)
  • FL Saloon = 40 (Pirelli PZero)
*both cars with factory 19" 5 wing arm alloys

i ask you about this before. so is this the actual working coding?
also did you get to the magride delete coding yet? for those of us who want to use aftermarket coilovers but have magride.
Am 70% there. Slow process and there is more than coding involved, wiring to. No ETA

Hi folks.

Is there anyway that I can have my front and rear DRLs come on when unlocking my car during the day via VCDS?

I already have them CH/LH set up, but would like them to come on every time ( during daytime also )

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Cheers

Hi folks.

Is there anyway that I can have my front and rear DRLs come on when unlocking my car during the day via VCDS?

I already have them CH/LH set up, but would like them to come on every time ( during daytime also )

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Cheers
Do you have a lichtsensor? It is possible but it takes some channel changes in 09.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Does anyone know the proper way of doing the steering angle basic settings in module 44 Steering Assistance?

This is the last error I'm trying to clear out after my engine swap, aka very dead battery.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the proper way of doing the steering angle basic settings in module 44 Steering Assistance?

This is the last error I'm trying to clear out after my engine swap, aka very dead battery.

Make sure the car has no other faults. Use vcds, vcp or odis to calibrate steering angle. Use security access 19249 and then basic settings.

And then do this

Take it to a parking lot for the space. Can be done on a standard road/street

- make sure steering wheel is center
- turn wheel more than 30 degrees Left, then center, then more then 30 to right.
- drive straight forward for under 20km/h then stop and turn the wheel again.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Make sure the car has no other faults. Use vcds, vcp or odis to calibrate steering angle. Use security access 19249 and then basic settings.

And then do this

Take it to a parking lot for the space. Can be done on a standard road/street

- make sure steering wheel is center
- turn wheel more than 30 degrees Left, then center, then more then 30 to right.
- drive straight forward for under 20km/h then stop and turn the wheel again.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
So I tried this, however, there are databus error issues which I cannot clear.

When I try doing basic settings in obd11 or vcd, they both start, but nothing happens. I check the angle the car sees to 0° but there is no way to "set" the value, only to stop the basic setting test

I then try and clear fault and same fault is present.

Here are remaining errors which seem directly related to module 44.

01 Engine
System description: 2.0l R4 TFSI
Software number: 5G0906259A
Software version: 0405
Hardware number: 06K907425B
Hardware version: H13
ODX name: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259A
ODX version: 001007
Long coding: 8A1D00124426000F2000

Trouble codes:
U112300 - Databus error value received
static

03 Brakes
System description: ESC
Software number: 5Q0907379AA
Software version: 0457
Hardware number: 5Q0907379G
Hardware version: H31
Serial number: 6331300000036A
ODX name: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB
ODX version: 033001
Long coding: 13FF6A9234200A6D037B030081C629C8562C50C0C08194F7024100588608

Trouble codes:
B116854 - Steering angle sensor No basic setting
static

U112200 - Databus implausible message
static

44 Steering Assistance
System description: EPS_MQB_ZFLS
Software number: 5Q0909144P
Software version: 1043
Hardware number: 5Q0909144P
Hardware version: 123
ODX name: EV_SteerAssisMQB
ODX version: 010031
Long coding: 0002

Trouble codes:
static

55 Headlight Regulation
System description: LWR-ECU
Software number: 5Q0907357
Software version: 0080
Hardware number: 6R0907357A
Hardware version: 005
Serial number: --------------
ODX name: EV_HeadlRegulVWLWRMQB
ODX version: 001110
Long coding: 012A000101000000

Trouble codes:
static

So I tried this, however, there are databus error issues which I cannot clear.

When I try doing basic settings in obd11 or vcd, they both start, but nothing happens. I check the angle the car sees to 0° but there is no way to "set" the value, only to stop the basic setting test

I then try and clear fault and same fault is present.

Here are remaining errors which seem directly related to module 44.

01 Engine
System description: 2.0l R4 TFSI
Software number: 5G0906259A
Software version: 0405
Hardware number: 06K907425B
Hardware version: H13
ODX name: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259A
ODX version: 001007
Long coding: 8A1D00124426000F2000

Trouble codes:
static

03 Brakes
System description: ESC
Software number: 5Q0907379AA
Software version: 0457
Hardware number: 5Q0907379G
Hardware version: H31
Serial number: 6331300000036A
ODX name: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB
ODX version: 033001
Long coding: 13FF6A9234200A6D037B030081C629C8562C50C0C08194F7024100588608

Trouble codes:
static

U112200 - Databus implausible message
static

44 Steering Assistance
System description: EPS_MQB_ZFLS
Software number: 5Q0909144P
Software version: 1043
Hardware number: 5Q0909144P
Hardware version: 123
ODX name: EV_SteerAssisMQB
ODX version: 010031
Long coding: 0002

Trouble codes:
static

55 Headlight Regulation
System description: LWR-ECU
Software number: 5Q0907357
Software version: 0080
Hardware number: 6R0907357A
Hardware version: 005
Serial number: --------------
ODX name: EV_HeadlRegulVWLWRMQB
ODX version: 001110
Long coding: 012A000101000000

Trouble codes:
static

First start the basic settings. Let it run and do the procedure.

If you find someone with Odis, then it's only a matter of few minutes for succesfull calibration.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Last edited:
@rcnacura

Made an error.

In stead of more then 30 degrees, turn the wheel all the way to the lock.

- Start basic settings, center wheel, turn wheel completely to the Left (Till no further) then all the way to the right and then center it.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

@rcnacura

Made an error.

In stead of more then 30 degrees, turn the wheel all the way to the lock.

- Start basic settings, center wheel, turn wheel completely to the Left (Till no further) then all the way to the right and then center it.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
When I start basic settings, that is the initialize it the steering angle basic setting?

Yes

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
When I press initialize, the steering wheel moves by itself. Tried putting wheel at 0°, waited a minute or two, then slowly turned left, 2 seconds, right, 2 seconds and then center. Clicked stop and error still present. Tried clearing fault, still there.

Was mentioning to @DJAlix I did get an end-stop error, but couldn't replicate.

When I press initialize, the steering wheel moves by itself. Tried putting wheel at 0°, waited a minute or two, then slowly turned left, 2 seconds, right, 2 seconds and then center. Clicked stop and error still present. Tried clearing fault, still there.

Was mentioning to @DJAlix I did get an end-stop error, but couldn't replicate.

It moves by itself??? :|

Steering end stops is easy. Just turn the wheel all the way to the left, hold it for a few seconds (5 or so) and then all the way to the right and hold it.

Drive with the car when starting the basic settings. Under 20km/h.

Or just find someone with Odis :)

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Hey all,

Brand new to all this and finding out that the new 2018 S3 doesn’t accept long coding in some of the modules now. Anyway!

What is the best way to switch off the car / VC to switch between the different Display Depictions?

I have changed it once I made the change and saw no difference. Switched off the car for a minute. Started it back up and didn’t notice a change. Gave up for an hour. Turns car back on and the VC display had changed.

So how can I force the change quicker?

Thank you!!

Hey all,

Brand new to all this and finding out that the new 2018 S3 doesn’t accept long coding in some of the modules now. Anyway!

What is the best way to switch off the car / VC to switch between the different Display Depictions?

I have changed it once I made the change and saw no difference. Switched off the car for a minute. Started it back up and didn’t notice a change. Gave up for an hour. Turns car back on and the VC display had changed.

So how can I force the change quicker?

Thank you!!
tick the "soft reset" check box before selecting "do it"

Adaptation uds Coding long

*images are examples found via google

Edit: MMI Also controls a number if VC related graphics and MIB based menu systems:

MIB1 = Menu + Jog wheel + top right MMI soft button
MIB2 = Nav + Media Up + Jog wheel

Awesome thanks!
Is there an obdeleven method to achieve the same result?

Sorry if obdeleven is too low class in a VCDS topic!

Sorry if this question has been asked previously but does anyone know how to enable TSC (Torque Steering Compensation) in VCDS?

Awesome thanks!
Is there an obdeleven method to achieve the same result?

Sorry if obdeleven is too low class in a VCDS topic!
Go to the main module screen and scroll down to the reset option. There you will see the soft reset. Do this before and after since you can't do while changing the coding like in vcd.