8V VCDS Mods

So 12 will work ?
I thought that 12v is normal voltage. Sometimes car have 13-14v so I thought that 12 don't work.

I need help I just had a trailer hitch installed (uhaul). And I am trying to add the screen to the backup camera to allow for selection of trailer to help with aligning the backup guide. Whenever I try to check the box using Ross-Tech 18.2 I end up getting this error: ross-tech error 31 request out of range. Why won’t it let me make any changes?

Reactions: Sisson
Help please.

2013 Audi A3 8v.

I’ve lost Drls when light switch in ‘O’.
I changed the tagfahrlicht-Auto back to inactive. And the drl on/off function is available in the mmi.

But still no drls with no lights on.

Help appreciated.

Help please.

2013 Audi A3 8v.

I’ve lost Drls when light switch in ‘O’.
I changed the tagfahrlicht-Auto back to inactive. And the drl on/off function is available in the mmi.

But still no drls with no lights on.

Help appreciated.
Answered in your other post but here is a cut and paste:

If you made your changes via VCDS then you will have a change log you can view to see whats been done and then reverse it.

Reactions: Jay.Ing
Would anyone know why comfort closing of windows via key woulnt work????? 2013 A3

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would anyone know why comfort closing of windows via key woulnt work????? 2013 A3

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Roll window down and keep button pushed for an extra 5sec when down. Do the same when you roll it up again and with each window. That worked for me since this will recalculate the up/down positions of the windows and enable comfort close/open.

If this doesn’t work you may have to use VCDS to have a look at the coding.

Reactions: Fatbloke and oli356
Roll window down and keep button pushed for an extra 5sec when down. Do the same when you roll it up again and with each window. That worked for me since this will recalculate the up/down positions of the windows and enable comfort close/open.

If this doesn’t work you may have to use VCDS to have a look at the coding.

I think there's an option in the MMI to switch that on - under car then driver assist I think

I need help I just had a trailer hitch installed (uhaul). And I am trying to add the screen to the backup camera to allow for selection of trailer to help with aligning the backup guide. Whenever I try to check the box using Ross-Tech 18.2 I end up getting this error: ross-tech error 31 request out of range. Why won’t it let me make any changes?

DJAlix. If it helps, i was able to make this change previously but changed it back as I didn’t have a tow bar yet. I’m getting one installed today though so now it will matter to have that piece enabled.

No ideas how to get my Ross tech cable to work and stop showing the “request out of range” error?
Request out of range normally means that you are asking VCDS, or indeed the car, to “do” something that it does not understand. This is strange as you were able to make the change before.

Has there been a VCDS update since you made the change the first time? Could be a bug in the new version...

Have you set the basics before starting to code, ie:

All doors closed but not locked
Ignition on but engine off

I had not tried making any other changes this time. The doors were locked though and the engine was in ACC mode. It is a push button start and a hybrid etron. I’m using 18.2 for the VCDS version.

I had not tried making any other changes this time. The doors were locked though and the engine was in ACC mode. It is a push button start and a hybrid etron. I’m using 18.2 for the VCDS version.
Doors being locked can prevent some changes from being made, other than this I am not sure what the issue could be but I have experienced this before and have needed to “force” the needed changes through with another application.

Just replaced brake discs, pads, lines and fluid but the new ferodo ds2500 pads don't come with the warning sensor on the pad. I've now got the warning on the display and want to disable it via VCDS?

I'm no wiz with VCDS so hopefully there's some here to explain how to do it for me.

Cheers.

Just replaced brake discs, pads, lines and fluid but the new ferodo ds2500 pads don't come with the warning sensor on the pad. I've now got the warning on the display and want to disable it via VCDS?

I'm no wiz with VCDS so hopefully there's some here to explain how to do it for me.

Cheers.

Not sure about VCDS but could you not link the sensor out? Or measure resistance across a pad and fit a resistor in line?

Not sure about VCDS but could you not link the sensor out? Or measure resistance across a pad and fit a resistor in line?

Oh it's all sorted pal thanks.

If anyone does come across this issue just solder the wires together and that's it sorted.

Reactions: gynads
Control module 10 Park/steer assist
Coding 07
Long coding helper
Byte 02
Check box bit 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried this earlier it was accepted via vcds but doesn’t work. Any ideas what I’m missing

2018 S3 saloon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kieranja
@DJAlix I noticed the topic about the RS upshift lights kind of wilted away. Was a solution/workaround ever found or developed?

Still super interested.

Reactions: gynads
@DJAlix I noticed the topic about the RS upshift lights kind of wilted away. Was a solution/workaround ever found or developed?

Still super interested.
While I do indeed know what’s needed it’s not something anyone, including myself, can implement unfortunately.

@DJAlix - is it possible to code valves as always open on a pfl S3 sportback, just got a valved Milltek cat back and wanted to know what it sounds like in standard at low revs with valves open

@DJAlix - is it possible to code valves as always open on a pfl S3 sportback, just got a valved Milltek cat back and wanted to know what it sounds like in standard at low revs with valves open
Believe so yeah but if you don't have something to code it with, just remove the cables going to the valve motors.

Possible....Engine module. Untick "exhaust flaps installed"

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Reactions: Nelz-S3

@DJAlix,

I just purchased a color screen speedometer and put in my non-color screened car. Looks like the car has component protection and the speedo is expecting the donor car it came from. Can I add this new speedometer with vcd/obd11 or does this require more elaborate work?

Thank you for the info in advance!
c97a2038f13724970189f319cebde22a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Coding, CP and maybe parametrisation. Partly can be done with vcds/vcp. Odis is your friend here. However the Mileage correcting can be troublesome.....

Reactions: rcnacura
Coding, CP and maybe parametrisation. Partly can be done with vcds/vcp. Odis is your friend here. However the Mileage correcting can be troublesome.....

You are gonna need the Component Protection removed and your IMMO / Keys recoding. No other tool other than the official VW Group application and another (even more expensive) can do this.

Milage can be adjusted when a cluster is NEW. Used cluster milage correct needs hacking.

You are gonna need the Component Protection removed and your IMMO / Keys recoding. No other tool other than the official VW Group application and another (even more expensive) can do this.

Milage can be adjusted when a cluster is NEW. Used cluster milage correct needs hacking.

Thank you for the info. Is it possible to just swap the DIS screen into my old non-color screen setup?

Thank you for the info. Is it possible to just swap the DIS screen into my old non-color screen setup?

Nope..m

To all RS3 Facelift owners ;)
Exhaust flap status is now maintained in VCDS 18.5.x Beta version

2018-05-3021_39_44-beivugw.jpg

I did not do a test drive to have a clue what is really documented here. But if this is percentage then some really interesting log driving could be done for finding out by percent which drive select mode how much triggers which flap...

Reactions: monopole
My cable is not supported with 18.5 beta, but should be in the next 18.5+ release, may poke around then if its in a reachable channel with HEX-USB+NET

Yes, the current beta version is limited to the newer hardware generation.

Hello, I have a problem with my can gateway and I maybe need to make some changes to (19) can gateway. Cause I have vcds 12.12 version, I don't have long coding help for (19) can gateway. Could someone send me some pictures of the long coding help of this? (I mean what every bit refers to) I think long coding help is active on newer versions of vcds. Sorry for my bad english

Hello, I have a problem with my can gateway and I maybe need to make some changes to (19) can gateway. Cause I have vcds 12.12 version, I don't have long coding help for (19) can gateway. Could someone send me some pictures of the long coding help of this? (I mean what every bit refers to) I think long coding help is active on newer versions of vcds. Sorry for my bad english
Cloned software gets no help here.

Cloned software gets no help here.

The cable is not mine. I use a cable of a nearby mechanic. I believe it is a clone cable, but he is not an Audi official mechanic so he does not care.
I can understand your reply, thank you for your time.