8V VCDS Mods

Its possible as its how I had my PFL set up :) Don't think I ever posted the coding but its:
  • 09 - Cent Elect
  • (8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 = Not Active
  • (8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 = Not Active
  • Both channels should be set as the following from the factory: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
*Before changing these reference the Lasttyp in order to make sure that its configured as "XXX Abblendlicht", example:
  • Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lasttyp 6 = Xenon Abblendlicht (Xenon Headlight)
If not then you will need to have a dig around in the other channels in order to find "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv" and then reference the lasttyp etc.

Also check that the following is set as needed: 09 > Adaptations > Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten.

This is also possible on FL cars as I have seen the coding but I am yet to test due to having no time :(

Excellent thanks Alex ! - same for LED headlights ?

I'll give it a try at lunchtime.

Reactions: pburv
Its possible as its how I had my PFL set up :) Don't think I ever posted the coding but its:
  • 09 - Cent Elect
  • Both channels should be set as the following from the factory: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
*Before changing these reference the Lasttyp in order to make sure that its configured as "XXX Abblendlicht", example:
If not then you will need to have a dig around in the other channels in order to find "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv" and then reference the lasttyp etc.

Also check that the following is set as needed: 09 > Adaptations > Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten.

This is also possible on FL cars as I have seen the coding but I am yet to test due to having no time :(

Hmm no joy with changing just the above 2 channels to not active - any chance you could expand on what else to search for please Alex I have LED headlights of that makes a difference.

Also is there a sensor I can cover up with tape or cloth to enable testing in daylight ?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: BodegaBay
  • 09 - Cent Elect

Digging a little deeper searching my admap for 'coming home oder leaving home aktiv' I may also have to change my parking lights to not active :-

(8)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion C 4 (LH PARKING)
(8)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5 (RH PARKING)

Also I found this :-

(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten (currently set to LOW BEAM)

Any idea how to make the mirrors unfold on unlock? Mine only unfold once the car has been started, and it drives me nuts!
Digging a little deeper searching my admap for 'coming home oder leaving home aktiv' I may also have to change my parking lights to not active :-

(8)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion C 4 (LH PARKING)
(8)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5 (RH PARKING)

Also I found this :-

(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten (currently set to LOW BEAM)
Have some time today so will have a look in a little bit :)

Reactions: Rob2k68

Thanks Alex ;o)

I've just had a play and have it working. To have DRL's only as C/H & L/H lights on a P/F/L S3 with LED headlamps I made the following changes :-

(8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Not active
(8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Not active
(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> Fog light

If you cover the rain/light sensor with a rag on the windshield you can test in daylight.

Thanks Alex ;o)

I've just had a play and have it working. To have DRL's only as C/H & L/H lights on a P/F/L S3 with LED headlamps I made the following changes :-

(8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Not active
(8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Not active
(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> Fog light

If you cover the rain/light sensor with a rag on the windshield you can test in daylight.
Great Stuff! I will be testing this on my facelift later today. The matrix lights work a little differently but should be along the same lines.

I use an ipad screen removal tool / suction cup thingy to cover the sensors I test :)

Would be awesome if you could mate, this is the last real niggle I have with the car! Oh, and the auto brake drying feature, which I've never been able to disable... do you know if others have had luck using the coding in your doc?

hey guys, planning on getting a vcds, and want your opinion which is best? vcds hex net or cable? just for private use. thanks for your answer!

hey guys, planning on getting a vcds, and want your opinion which is best? vcds hex net or cable? just for private use. thanks for your answer!
Obdeleven lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It does have a RLHS and i didnt want to hamper the auto facilities of the actual lights etc.

At the very least would expect DRLS to come on when unlocking. My SQ5 has auto lights but the DRLs come on when locking and unlocking.

Anybody figured out how to do this without messing up the auto lights sensitivity?

Anyone local to Ayrshire area that knows what they're doing be happy to modify a few things for me when I collect my car?

Anyone local to Ayrshire area that knows what they're doing be happy to modify a few things for me when I collect my car?
Screen Shot 2017 02 04 at 085548

Reactions: Rob2k68 and HulkRS3
Is it possible to get the time displayed on the screen between the dials? I often drive with the MMI stowed away which hides the time.

Try scrolling on the little wheel on the left side of the steering wheel

On a PFL in conjunction with the digital speedo no - on a FL yes !

On a PFL in conjunction with the digital speedo no - on a FL yes !

Thanks, mines a 63 plate and I have the digital speedo displayed so thats a no then.
Quite annoying as the smaller display shows the date, oil temp etc via the scroll wheel but not the time, rubbish..................

Throwing this one out there before adding it to my PDF as I could use help:

Automatic Rain Closing

09 - Central Electronics
Security Access - 16
Code = 31347
(15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus = Active (Rain Closing On / Off)
(16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art = Permanent (Rain Closing Type)
(28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen = Active (Driver Assist Rain Closing Menu)

09 - Central Electronics
Select Long Coding Helper
Select RLFS from Dropdown Menu
Change Long Code to 06A8DD

Testing:

1) Light Switch in Auto position.
2) Wiper stalk in 1st / Auto position.
3) All windows fully open.
4) Locked car and wait for 2 mins.
5) Spray water on windscreen sensor and bam... windows close :)

Coming Home / Leaving Lights still work as before and without issue.
Comfort Opening and Closing still work as before and without issue.
Auto Lights and Wipers still work as before and without issue.

I do however have the following issues:

1) No matter what I do I cannot get the Rain Closing Menu to display. I tried an MMI reset with the menu + ok + top right selection button's, ignition on / off, nothing. In Fact there are a few menus I cannot seem to activate, including MMI Oil Level and Windows, which is strange as Menu's like Driving School, Exterior Lighting and Wipers (Rain Sensor On and Off) show up as soon as they are coded. Only TPMS needed the MMI reset so far.

2) In addition to having four windows I also have a panoramic sunroof, which does is not auto rain closing. I cannot find any additional channels for this so believe that the option to include the sunroof within "rain closing" is within the MMI Rain Menu.

For those of you with no sunroof, have fun, this works well :) ...but I was wondering if anyone with Auto Lights and a Sunroof would be willing to assist me with some testing...

As an aside, I will be publishing an updated version of my PDF tomorrow with a good number of new adaptations, including how to change both MMI and DIS Logos :)

Any solution for the sunroof rain closing and for the rain menu on mmi?

Any solution for the sunroof rain closing and for the rain menu on mmi?
For pre facelift cars no, sunroof is not supported :( For facelift cars I am yet to test fully but others have reported that its the same situation.

Am I doing something wrong if the 14117 code is being rejected by the Auto Distance Regulation controller in the FL 8V?
Trying to get the ACC default distance setting into the MMI, but the currently documented 14117 code is being rejected as invalid.

Can't believe that I'm the first one to hit this, so assuming my search skills are screwed today.

Answered... code is 20103.

Last edited:
I still can only get comfort opening in the MMI screen. I have enabled it all but can't find how to get comfort closing to show up as an option.
There isn't an option for closing as a screen on the mmi, just open. Press and hold the lock button in the key and it should close everything up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On a short test drive video for the 2017 RS3 on Youtube, on the right side of the Virtual Cockpit it shows two readouts for Leistung (power) and Drehmoment (torque).
Is there any way this can be done on the FLS3?
It just looks so cool!!

On a short test drive video for the 2017 RS3 on Youtube, on the right side of the Virtual Cockpit it shows two readouts for Leistung (power) and Drehmoment (torque).
Is there any way this can be done on the FLS3?
It just looks so cool!!
This is done by activating Engine Data, but I could only activate this via VCP. This is an example display on my own car, non S:

IMG 5885 squashed

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Don't really work on non S cars tho as its 0 or 100%, nothing meaningful in between. Looks good tho lol

Ah I see - that's a shame. Quite like the old school Vista/W7 power and memory gadgets too!

Reactions: pburv
For pre facelift cars no, sunroof is not supported :( For facelift cars I am yet to test fully but others have reported that its the same situation.

Awww :(

And how about the Rain Closing Menu on MMI, any solution?

Edit: my car is a pre-facelift 2015 s3

hi guys i have a question about the acoustic alarm on lock/unlock.
is this feature works only if you have the audi anti-theft alarm?

hi guys i have a question about the acoustic alarm on lock/unlock.
is this feature works only if you have the audi anti-theft alarm?
For the most part yes, but there is an adaptation channel to change the "sounder" to the horn. I have never tested this tho:
  • Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn

Reactions: pending
i have done everything as you describe in your excellent document but no sound in lock unlock. i have also enable the mmi option to yes (acoustic tone) but nothing happens.
so i think that there is no way to enable it without anti theft alarm (?)

i will give a try to the horn but it won't be the same :sob: