8V VCDS Mods

Here's a quick question that somebody may be able to answer:

Is there any option to adjust the rain sensor sensitivity? I know the rain sensors can be adjusted from the wiper stalk, but I find even on the lowest setting, that I get quite a lot of light rain on the screen before they kick in. Is their a coding that will allo us to change the sensitivity? Thanks in advance.

(MY6 RS3)

Here's a quick question that somebody may be able to answer:

Is there any option to adjust the rain sensor sensitivity? I know the rain sensors can be adjusted from the wiper stalk, but I find even on the lowest setting, that I get quite a lot of light rain on the screen before they kick in. Is their a coding that will allo us to change the sensitivity? Thanks in advance.

(MY6 RS3)

Is it as simple as you want it on the highest setting (biggest bar, flicked towards the end of the stalk)?

The only issue I find is if the car has a wet screen at ignition on it sometimes needs a jog to do the initial wipe, but after that max sensitivity is fine and sometimes I even turn it down one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJAlix
Not sure if this is the right thread to post... But after my installation of the aftermarket Navi, I get these faults with VCDS scan:

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)
1 Fault Found:
66052 - Infotainment CAN Bus (SAE Bus E)
U0065 00 [008] - Performance
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 232
Mileage: 20656 km
Date: 2016.06.05
Time: 12:22:48

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)
3 Fault Found:
0005 - Antenna Amplifier 1 for Radio
B126D 13 [008] - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 231
Mileage: 1048574 km
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 00:00:00

0006 - Antenna Amplifier 2 for Radio
B126E 13 [008] - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 231
Mileage: 1048574 km
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 00:00:00

6660 - No Communications with Display Unit 1 for Multimedia
U10E2 00 [09] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 7
Reset counter: 193
Mileage: 20656 km
Date: 2016.06.05
Time: 13:15:30

Am I correct the time shown is the time of the LAST error occurred? These times are during installation and we did NOT disconnect the battery, so I assumed these are the errors occurs only during the installation? I haven't clear the faults yet, should I just clear them and rescan to see?

Correct and you will probably see these errors return once cleared as you have installed a 3rd party "box" between the MMI unit and the devices / peripherals it's expecting to see. If all is working as expected I would not worry about these errors.

Reactions: larbel
Did the Alarm chirp & oil temperature on Saturday using the guide on here, thanks.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DJAlix
Also got the alarm chirp to work at long last once I had upgraded to the beta 16v. Thanks to all for the help, guidance and patience.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DJAlix
Does anyone know if it is possible to show the "2 cylinder mode" message on other screens in the DIS on a 1.4COD? At present it only shows when the computer setting is selected? No importance to know but I rather like seeing when my car is operating on 2 cylinders!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if it is possible to show the "2 cylinder mode" message on other screens in the DIS on a 1.4COD? At present it only shows when the computer setting is selected? No importance to know but I rather like seeing when my car is operating on 2 cylinders!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only related setting I know of is 17 - Instruments > Adaptations > Cylinder shut-off = XXXXXX. You probably have this already set to display / activated. Moving it / having it also display within another screen, if possible, would be via editing the firmware of the control module.

Reactions: glospete
Oil temp/alarm chirp/reverse sensor thingy (..my mind has gone blank :blink:)
Tried reverse dipped mirror but didnt work, do I have to have foldable mirrors for this?

Tried reverse dipped mirror but didnt work, do I have to have foldable mirrors for this?

No need for folding mirrors just electronic adjust.

Then they need to be set up for first use as per the manual or numerous other threads on here.

Reactions: J7USS
Did you have the passenger mirror selected via the control knob?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Sorry it took so long :( Here is what I have found that I believe is related:

Heated Seats
  • 09 - Cent Elect > Long Coding > Byte 3 > Bit 2-4 = 04 Front Seat Heating Installed
Related Adaptations (with German to English Translations):
  • Seat heating level 1 lower threshold (1)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 1 upper threshold (2)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 2 lower threshold (3)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 2 upper threshold (4)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 3 lower threshold (5)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 3 upper threshold (6)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 4 lower threshold (7)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 4 upper threshold (8)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 5 lower threshold (9)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 5 upper threshold (10)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 6 lower threshold (11)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 6 upper threshold (12)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heater filter constant heat flow (13)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Filterkonstante fuer Waermefluss
  • Seat heating control temperature correction for heat flux (14)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Regeltemperaturkorrektur bei Waermefluss
Heated Washer Jets
  • 09 - Cent Elect > Long Coding > Byte 13 > Bit 4 = Active (Heated Front Washer Jets Installed)
Heated Wing Mirrors
  • 42 - Door Elect Driver > Bit 0 = Inactive (Heated Mirrors NOT installed)
  • 52 - Door Elect Pass > Bit 0 = Inactive (Heated Mirrors NOT installed)
No.
Rules say all indicators must flash in phase, the only exception being motorbikes which may flash front/rear alternately.

That said, I and many others have had this enabled for some time with no trouble. Probably indicated in front of 7-8 cops and nothing. It's unlikely they know the law that well, and just think it's a new car with fancy indicators (we're helped by the fact the R8/A6/TT/Q3 have dynamic sweeping indicators so they likely think it's a version of that).

Be interesting to see what happens at MOT time in a couple of years.
Hi
I've somehow disabled the amber blink on the front LEDs
They are blinking white
Can you tell me how to fix
Thanks mate

A little bit of coding done on my A3 Sline last night. I did the alternating indicator mod, acoustic lock/unlock, added the lap timer function to my dashboard and also changed my start up screen!

How did you get the indicators to do that
I can't seem to get it working
Thanks

Hi
I've somehow disabled the amber blink on the front LEDs
They are blinking white
Can you tell me how to fix
Thanks mate
Should always generate an adaptation map for backup :) You can also look at the coding log file within VCDS to see what changes you have made so you can revert them if needed.

These are Front LED Turn Signal factory default settings:
Screen Shot 2016 06 07 at 135001

Let us know how you get on.

Correct and you will probably see these errors return once cleared as you have installed a 3rd party "box" between the MMI unit and the devices / peripherals it's expecting to see. If all is working as expected I would not worry about these errors.

Thnaks DJalix!!

Reactions: DJAlix and Rob2k68
Did you have the passenger mirror selected via the control knob?
Hmm mm...is that what I need to do then? Code it whilst selected?

Afaik it was set in the middle...

Hmm mm...is that what I need to do then? Code it whilst selected?

Afaik it was set in the middle...
  1. Code it
  2. Select passenger mirror via switch
  3. Select reverse gear
  4. Position mirror as needed
  5. Select a forward gear
  6. Move switch to the middle so that mirror returns to driving position
  7. Set switch in passenger mirror position

Now when you enter reverse while passenger mirror is selected said mirror will dip. Moving forwards or moving the switch will then return the mirror to driving position.

*mirror will return to driving position when driven over approx 8mph

Reactions: J7USS and Rob2k68
Should always generate an adaptation map for backup :) You can also look at the coding log file within VCDS to see what changes you have made so you can revert them if needed.

These are Front LED Turn Signal factory default settings:
View attachment 93506

Let us know how you get on.
Hi DJAlix
Fixed the problem. Thanks for your help
One more if you can, I somehow have dimmed the entire dash lights and they will not adjust with the dial and stay at the same dimmed light no matter what I do.
I tried back tracking in my history but can't seem to find the change I made to do this
Is it an interior light function I have disabled
Appreciate your help

Hi DJAlix
Fixed the problem. Thanks for your help
One more if you can, I somehow have dimmed the entire dash lights and they will not adjust with the dial and stay at the same dimmed light no matter what I do.
I tried back tracking in my history but can't seem to find the change I made to do this
Is it an interior light function I have disabled
Appreciate your help
Good stuff! Happy for help :)

For the dimming issue it could be a number of things really, and could be complicated :( If you would be willing to generate a couple adaptation maps and then fire them over to me on alex@VagCarCoding.com I can take a look for you. As I have no idea as to what you have been changing historically I need to see maps for modules:
  • 5F - Information Elect
  • 09 - Central Elect
  • 17 - Instruments
To generate an Adaptation Channel Map you need to do the following for each module needed, using your AutoScan as an installed module list:

*This example will use Module 01-Engine as an example

Jump in your car, close all the doors but do not lock them. If mapping all of your cars modules Start engine and switch on the radio as you are going to be here for a while and you do not want your battery to run low. If only mapping one or two modules in this session your engine can be off.
  • From the VCDS Main Screen select Applications.
  • Once in Applications select Controller Channel Map, a box called “Maps” will open / pop up.
  • Enter and change the following within the Maps Box:
  1. Controller Address = 01 (Module)
  2. Login or Security Access Code = Leave Empty (This is never needed for VAG cars)
  3. Under Function select “Adaptations”
  4. Under Output select “CSV File”
  • Once all the above has been entered select “Go”
VCDS is now going to pull down all possible / mapped (supported by RossTech) Adaptation channels for the module you selected and store them in a .CSV file within the following location:
  • C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs
Once you have completed this repeat the process by changing the Controller Address only until you have run through all your modules and Job done!

*Note

Using Module 01 - Engine as an example, the process is very fast (about 30secs) as there are not many adaptation channels, approx 24 lines. Module 09 - Cent. Elect. however has approx 1791 lines and will take 10mins+ to complete!

To map a complete car with a good factory spec will take approx 45mins.

Good stuff! Happy for help :)

For the dimming issue it could be a number of things really, and could be complicated :( If you would be willing to generate a couple adaptation maps and then fire them over to me on alex@VagCarCoding.com I can take a look for you. As I have no idea as to what you have been changing historically I need to see maps for modules:
  • 5F - Information Elect
  • 09 - Central Elect
  • 17 - Instruments
To generate an Adaptation Channel Map you need to do the following for each module needed, using your AutoScan as an installed module list:

*This example will use Module 01-Engine as an example

Jump in your car, close all the doors but do not lock them. If mapping all of your cars modules Start engine and switch on the radio as you are going to be here for a while and you do not want your battery to run low. If only mapping one or two modules in this session your engine can be off.
  • From the VCDS Main Screen select Applications.
  • Once in Applications select Controller Channel Map, a box called “Maps” will open / pop up.
  • Enter and change the following within the Maps Box:
  1. Controller Address = 01 (Module)
  2. Login or Security Access Code = Leave Empty (This is never needed for VAG cars)
  3. Under Function select “Adaptations”
  4. Under Output select “CSV File”
  • Once all the above has been entered select “Go”
VCDS is now going to pull down all possible / mapped (supported by RossTech) Adaptation channels for the module you selected and store them in a .CSV file within the following location:
  • C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs
Once you have completed this repeat the process by changing the Controller Address only until you have run through all your modules and Job done!

*Note

Using Module 01 - Engine as an example, the process is very fast (about 30secs) as there are not many adaptation channels, approx 24 lines. Module 09 - Cent. Elect. however has approx 1791 lines and will take 10mins+ to complete!

To map a complete car with a good factory spec will take approx 45mins.
Hi
Thanks for your quick reply
I'm using OBDEleven which I gather is a bit different
I will send you the history from the day it changed and that I would think will give you the same information
Really appreciate your time:)

Hi
I will send you the history from the day it changed and that I would think will give you the same information
Cool cool. Will see what I can pull from the change log then. What I wanted to do was compare your current settings to a cars stock settings which is better done via maps.

Hi

Interesting how do you find the ODB11 ? I have one but don't yet have an android device so haven't used it yet. I'm puzzled what do you need to buy tokens for ?

Interesting how do you find the ODB11 ? I have one but don't yet have an android device so haven't used it yet. I'm puzzled what do you need to buy tokens for ?

Also interested in this.. Loads cheaper than VCDS, but if that's because you can do sweet FA with it, then perhaps not..

Hi guys, i'm wondering if any of the following are possible:-

1) Changing the default starting sound volume from 16 to 22, or getting it to remember the last volume level it was at?

2) Add the ability to turn on & off start/stop on the MMI, or get it to remember the last setting?

Thanks

Hi guys, i'm wondering if any of the following are possible:-

1) Changing the default starting sound volume from 16 to 22, or getting it to remember the last volume level it was at?

2) Add the ability to turn on & off start/stop on the MMI, or get it to remember the last setting?

Thanks
Nope and Nope :(

You can disable SS with VCDS etc but have no control of it post configuration, even via the SS button.

Anyone know if the reverse camera control module has any VCDS coding? The module's part number is 5Q0907441 or later 5Q0907441A for both LHD and RHD vehicles, so how do I set it as LHD (Rader image on left side) or RHD (Rader image on right side), as well as SB, Sedan radar image etc?

Reactions: Team Traxxion, Max-Robbo and Rob2k68
Hi
It's pretty good
The tokens are if you want to pay to activate a few basic common mods and don't want to do yourself
These I think are for the people who don't order the OBD to put in the port
Otherwise enter you car details and then do a scan and you can change mods

hey djalex, would this work on the S3?

To ascertain the correct and accurate ride height as seen by the car’s ECU. The information is used by the factory or dealership to determine current ride height.

Required Tools

• – Laptop installed with the latest version of Ross-Tech VAG-COM Diagnostic System (commonly referred to as VCDS);
  • – Cable supplied with the VCDS software when purchased;
  • – User manual for VCDS (we assume that you are already familiar with the use of the software interface)
Pre-Task
A) Connect VCDS laptop to ODB port on the car – usually found by driver side (UK cars)
B) Leave ignition ‘ON’ for power (engine does not need to be running)
C) WARNING: Do not change any existing values…!
D) Car needs to be on a flat surface without passenger or driver
E) Check tyre pressures are all even both sides per axle

Main Task
1) Log in to VCDS and click on ‘Select’
2) Click on 14-Susp. Elect
3) Click on Meas. Blocks-08
4) Click on ‘GO’ from the 3 pre-selected options to view the current info

Results
Screen further below shows four readings – as noted below;

Points to note

– tyre pressure differences will throw up small differences
– uneven ground/floor will show up differences
– passenger(s) or luggage on one side or boot/trunk may show up differences

– cars being corner balanced may note small ride height differences per corner or diagonally (acceptable tolerance is up to 10mm per side or per axle in ride height difference)

Would you happen to know how to enable the interior footwell on the mmi? I got it to show once (not all lights installed yet) but now it's not showing up again.

The rest recommendation has still been finicky to show up too.

As always thank you!

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and Audi ownership (A3 2.0 tdi sport 181brake). There are a couple of these mods I'm interested in reverse screen on the display and needle sweep? Do the mods invalidate warranties? If they don't is there anyone in the Nottingham or Derby areas that can do the mods and how much will it cost? Thanks in advance Steve.

Also interested in this.. Loads cheaper than VCDS, but if that's because you can do sweet FA with it, then perhaps not..
See post below
As mentioned, pay a few bucks and no issues with making mistakes and time involved
Great idea or do it yourself
Link doesn't seem to work but go to their face book page and you will see

@dunk Try this:

Dynamic Steering:
Here is what I did when I didn't have ADS equipped on my car. A3 Saloon (sedan), US Spec.

1) central electronics, 31347 for code, long coding helper:
byte 15
bit 5
bit 7​

2) Steering Electronics, long coding helper:
byte 0,
bit 0 select,
bit 1 select,
bit 2-3 (04 torque steer compensation (TSC) with learned valued active),
bit 7 driving profile selection active.​

3) Steering Electronics:
Adaptation,
Characteristic curve of steering assistance
Choose - comfort auto dynamic, default, driving profile selection button​

What is the purpose of Steps 1 and 2? Thanks.

Would you happen to know how to enable the interior footwell on the mmi? I got it to show once (not all lights installed yet) but now it's not showing up again.

The rest recommendation has still been finicky to show up too.

As always thank you!
This is a project I am working on at the moment. Will know more later today.

Reactions: rcnacura
hey djalex, would this work on the S3?

To ascertain the correct and accurate ride height as seen by the car’s ECU. The information is used by the factory or dealership to determine current ride height.

Required Tools

• – Laptop installed with the latest version of Ross-Tech VAG-COM Diagnostic System (commonly referred to as VCDS);
  • – Cable supplied with the VCDS software when purchased;
  • – User manual for VCDS (we assume that you are already familiar with the use of the software interface)
Pre-Task
A) Connect VCDS laptop to ODB port on the car – usually found by driver side (UK cars)
B) Leave ignition ‘ON’ for power (engine does not need to be running)
C) WARNING: Do not change any existing values…!
D) Car needs to be on a flat surface without passenger or driver
E) Check tyre pressures are all even both sides per axle

Main Task
1) Log in to VCDS and click on ‘Select’
2) Click on 14-Susp. Elect
3) Click on Meas. Blocks-08
4) Click on ‘GO’ from the 3 pre-selected options to view the current info

Results
Screen further below shows four readings – as noted below;

Points to note

– tyre pressure differences will throw up small differences
– uneven ground/floor will show up differences
– passenger(s) or luggage on one side or boot/trunk may show up differences

– cars being corner balanced may note small ride height differences per corner or diagonally (acceptable tolerance is up to 10mm per side or per axle in ride height difference)
I would imagine that you should be able to measure the values with no issues, but thats all this procedure will do. I have some testing scheduled for this Friday afternoon. Will post up what I find :)

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and Audi ownership (A3 2.0 tdi sport 181brake). There are a couple of these mods I'm interested in reverse screen on the display and needle sweep? Do the mods invalidate warranties? If they don't is there anyone in the Nottingham or Derby areas that can do the mods and how much will it cost? Thanks in advance Steve.
90% of VCDS changes will not invalidate your warranty. Changing anything related to brakes and engine etc might tho. Just need to be carful and logical about what you are doing.

To change steering weight permanently in a car that is not equipped with Audi drive select.

Thanks, but there is already difference if you just do step 3 alone. What is the added change for steps 1 and 2?