8V VCDS Mods

What is the Security Code for changing weight?

BTW, what do you mean by "restart" ?
Restarting engine (ignition) or opening adaptation screen again

i used 44595, the other one didnt let me modify anything.
if i turn off engine, remove key , lock up, then next time i use the car its back to 100% and light steering

i used 44595, the other one didnt let me modify anything.
if i turn off engine, remove key , lock up, then next time i use the car its back to 100% and light steering
You might need to change the following adaptations as well as Support Power:
  • Characteristic curve of steering assistance
  • Driving Profile Switchover
Codes I have so far for 44 - Steering Assist:
  • 28183 (Support Power)
*Have not tested any of these configurations myself

I don't have Drive Profile by default but I enabled it via VCDS just for steering.

I will try for the weight but can you feel difference just after changing adaptation?

I think that resetting is required in order to see difference, but you say that when restarting engine, it goes to %100 back.

I should have said, I already have factory drive select, and the weight change does make a difference, you only need to drop to 40% to barely be able to steer at slow speed.

I didn't know the third code was for drive power so I'll try that and see if it sticks

Reactions: DJAlix
Just an idea conserning MMI software.
Has anyone found a VCDS mod to change the low battery notification when the bluetooth connected phone has under 40% battery remaining? I believe its too early, it would be better off ar 20%.
Also when you are searching for contacts on the small DIS screen, the tab shows the Phonebook and Call list, it would be nice if it could show Favourites as well.

www.homecareshop.gr
I would imagine both of these to be firmware related and not something changeable via VCDS.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and spiros80
so i tried all 3 codes:
  • 28183 (Support Power)
to adust the % steering assistance
19249 doesnt allow me access to the channels
44595 and 28183 allow me to adjust the steering weight, save the changes and they come into effect immediately, but the changes revert back to 100% once the car has been switched off and locked then restarted.

so i tried all 3 codes:
  • 28183 (Support Power)
to adust the % steering assistance
19249 doesnt allow me access to the channels
44595 and 28183 allow me to adjust the steering weight, save the changes and they come into effect immediately, but the changes revert back to 100% once the car has been switched off and locked then restarted.

@dunk Try this:

Dynamic Steering:
Here is what I did when I didn't have ADS equipped on my car. A3 Saloon (sedan), US Spec.

1) central electronics, 31347 for code, long coding helper:
byte 15
bit 5
bit 7​

2) Steering Electronics, long coding helper:
byte 0,
bit 0 select,
bit 1 select,
bit 2-3 (04 torque steer compensation (TSC) with learned valued active),
bit 7 driving profile selection active.​

3) Steering Electronics:
Adaptation,
Characteristic curve of steering assistance
Choose - comfort auto dynamic, default, driving profile selection button​

Pretty interesting today, I was able to get the driver "rest recommendation" to shiw up for a few seconds while playing with the OBDeleven. However think the car figured the module wasnt there.

Ironically, couldn't get the driving school back up. Also air suspension option showed up for some reason too.

All reset but interesting finds in the "information control unit" module, under bap, can and vehicle menu operation menus.

eb9af159288835930ad2ad022a98bdf5.jpg

Reactions: AudiA4Mythos
Guys how to enable rear drl when lights are on position zero?

Guys how to enable rear drl when lights are on position zero?

1. select STG 09 (vehicle power)
2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. STG adjustment -> function 10
5. Select Leuchte23SL HLC10 light function D23 - channel (9)
6. put emphasis on daytime running lights
7. Select Leuchte24SL HRA65 light function D24 - channel (9)
8. put emphasis on daytime running lights

Reactions: pburv
@dunk Try this:

Dynamic Steering:
Here is what I did when I didn't have ADS equipped on my car. A3 Saloon (sedan), US Spec.

1) central electronics, 31347 for code, long coding helper:
byte 15
bit 5
bit 7​

2) Steering Electronics, long coding helper:
byte 0,
bit 0 select,
bit 1 select,
bit 2-3 (04 torque steer compensation (TSC) with learned valued active),
bit 7 driving profile selection active.​

3) Steering Electronics:
Adaptation,
Characteristic curve of steering assistance
Choose - comfort auto dynamic, default, driving profile selection button​

I believe Dunk already has Dynamic steering as he has Audi Drive Select.

He is trying to increase the steering weight further by changing the % support power.

thanks, yes im just trying to get the reduced % support power to survive between car uses.

i think there must be newer login codes that we are not aware of - my car is aug 15 so probably an updated module firmware.

1. select STG 09 (vehicle power)
2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. STG adjustment -> function 10
5. Select Leuchte23SL HLC10 light function D23 - channel (9)
6. put emphasis on daytime running lights
7. Select Leuchte24SL HRA65 light function D24 - channel (9)
8. put emphasis on daytime running lights

Thanks for help

Reactions: Rob2k68
OBDelevenPRO turned up today but can't have a play yet as I don't have anything android to connect it to ;o(

Reactions: pburv and DJAlix
Anyone know how you'd enable the 'Rest recommend' using VCDS?
So I got it enabled on the MMI, will work when I go to the screen for a few seconds, but then grey itself out when you try to click it.

What does this do by chance? Alert you to maybe take a break on a long trip?

Seen on VW cars the message displays in the speedometer area... does the 8v do the same or on the mmi?

On the DIS on the dash. Little coffee cup appears and says rest recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Think you also get a beep that will certainly wake you up if you're dozing !!

Reactions: pburv and Max-Robbo
The rest thingy is on AU cars by default

Never used it

Nor me, I feel like it's a bit obvious.... If you're falling asleep, you know you probably shouldn't be driving! :busted cop:

Reactions: pburv, WarwickL and Rob2k68
Anyone know how you'd enable the 'Rest recommend' using VCDS?
I believe you might need a Body Control Module with Economy (BCmE) in order to activate this. If you don't have a BCmE then you will need to flash the firmware of your BCm. In addition you will need to the following:

19 - Can Gateway
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 17 > Bit 0 = Activate (Fatigue Detection (MKE) Active)
  • Byte 18 > Bit 0-7 = 00 Fatigue Detection Variant 1 (Standard)
5F Information Electr
  • Adaptations
  • (176)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition = Activated
  • (177)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_clamp_15_off = Not Activated
  • (178)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_over_threshold_high = Activated
  • (179)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_standstill = Not Activated
  • (180)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_after_disclaimer = Not Activated

Please Note - I have not tested this myself as my car came with Rest Recommend from the factory and I have never had anyone ask to activate it and doubt I ever will to be honest lol

Reactions: pburv, WarwickL, rcnacura and 1 other person
thanks, yes im just trying to get the reduced % support power to survive between car uses.

i think there must be newer login codes that we are not aware of - my car is aug 15 so probably an updated module firmware.
Am willing to bet that there might be an adaptation channel missing / that has not been mapped in VCDS as yet, something along the lines of "XsomethingX functional status" with options of "Last setting" etc. Will reference VCDS against VCP and ODIS next time I have a session in the car.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I believe you might need a Body Control Module with Economy (BCmE) in order to activate this. If you don't have a BCmE then you will need to flash the firmware of your BCm. In addition you will need to the following:

19 - Can Gateway
  • Long Coding
5F Information Electr
  • Adaptations
  • (177)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_clamp_15_off = Not Activated
  • (178)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_over_threshold_high = Activated
  • (179)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_standstill = Not Activated
  • (180)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_weariness_recognition_after_disclaimer = Not Activated

Please Note - I have not tested this myself as my car came with Rest Recommend from the factory and I have never had anyone ask to activate it and doubt I ever will to be honest lol
Tried to enable, reset the mmi and have the BCmE controller and seems that if I go into the driver assistance section and rest recommendation shows as active and "on", however if I try and turn off/on, the option goes dark and says it's not available.

Tried to enable, reset the mmi and have the BCmE controller and seems that if I go into the driver assistance section and rest recommendation shows as active and "on", however if I try and turn off/on, the option goes dark and says it's not available.
From further reading around it seems that other platforms also needed something activating within 44 - Steering Assist. Am not sure what this could be from looking at my cars offline data but here are my settings:

Long Coding:
Image 001

Adaptations:
  • Activating and deactivating all development messages = Not active
  • Straight line running = Active
  • Support power = 100%
  • Characteristic curve of steering assistance = Driving profile selection button
  • Activation of pwr steering asst without engine running = not active
  • Software end stop = active
  • Driving profile switchover = Incremental; controlled over time
  • Download without rest bus = not active
  • XCP calibration protocol = not active
Why is a setting within Steering Assist needed? Apparently the feature monitor steering movement for unusual movement. There was also mention of new / different firmware needed within the Can Gateway Module for some models.

Reactions: rcnacura
So got in the car and the display was darkened out. Ran some errands and then was at car wash and went through system and the rest recommendation now is working with the original vcd coding provided. Did this with the OBDeleven as well fwiw. Thank you again @DJAlix! Do you have a PayPal account r sunshine where I can send some bucks your way as a thanks for all you help?

Spoke too soon, went away again when the car started moving and never came back when stopped.

Also have the same setting as you posted above in the adaptation and long coding.

Last edited:
Spoke too soon, went away again when the car started moving and never came back when stopped.

Also have the same setting as you posted above in the adaptation and long coding.
Will check the usage of this feature via the user manual when in my car later today, but in the meantime check the following channels in addition to the above:

5F - Information Elect
  • (65)-Vehicle function list BAP-weariness_rcognition_0x22 = activated
  • (66)-Vehicle function list BAP-weariness_rcognition_0x22_msg_bus = Database Infotainment (can test with comfort data bus also)

Especially as it's very different in an e-tron, I will wait until we have it working on a non e-tron before I try to enable in my car.

19 - Can Gateway
  • Long Coding
5F Information Electr
  • Adaptations

Will check the usage of this feature via the user manual when in my car later today, but in the meantime check the following channels in addition to the above:

5F - Information Elect
  • (65)-Vehicle function list BAP-weariness_rcognition_0x22 = activated
  • (66)-Vehicle function list BAP-weariness_rcognition_0x22_msg_bus = Database Infotainment (can test with comfort data bus also)
All enabled, changed the second to the infotainment as it was on comfort.

So it's working following the change?
Unfortunately still greyed out. Interesting that it doesn't turn on at all anymore like before when the MMI does a "hard" boot up. However it was showing up when I had a few more adaptation options clicked beforehand. I'll keep playing around with more of the options and see what happens.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post... But after my installation of the aftermarket Navi, I get these faults with VCDS scan:

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)
1 Fault Found:
66052 - Infotainment CAN Bus (SAE Bus E)
U0065 00 [008] - Performance
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 232
Mileage: 20656 km
Date: 2016.06.05
Time: 12:22:48

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)
3 Fault Found:
0005 - Antenna Amplifier 1 for Radio
B126D 13 [008] - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 231
Mileage: 1048574 km
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 00:00:00

0006 - Antenna Amplifier 2 for Radio
B126E 13 [008] - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 231
Mileage: 1048574 km
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 00:00:00

6660 - No Communications with Display Unit 1 for Multimedia
U10E2 00 [09] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 7
Reset counter: 193
Mileage: 20656 km
Date: 2016.06.05
Time: 13:15:30

Am I correct the time shown is the time of the LAST error occurred? These times are during installation and we did NOT disconnect the battery, so I assumed these are the errors occurs only during the installation? I haven't clear the faults yet, should I just clear them and rescan to see?

@larbel, did you install the Android aftermarket navigation system or something like that that taps into the stock headunit screen? I have the android and I too get the "No Communication with Display Unit 1" error. I'm assuming this is because the MMI can't directly communicate with the screen and probably thinks its not hooked up correctly.

The other issues I do not have.

Yeah, it's a WinCE system, check my other thread.. But I replaced the 5.8" with a 7" TFT touchscreen and PCB, and it now goes through the aftermarket control unit before going into the MMI control unit. But is the time stamp the LAST of the recorded error? Do you still have this error now?