8V VCDS Mods

Heya from greece. Amazing and totaly worth topic, tho took me 2 days to read it all 38 pages :p
I enabled some of the mods but i am having this issue with nidle sweep (always after second ignition), has anyone found a solution to that? Its truly annoying, basicly its like you dont have it.

#DJAlix you got pm :D
Hello apo agglia kai mpravo pou diavases Kai tis 30 slides!

I just replied to your pm, sorry again have been crazy busy :(

it requires a security code. do you happen to know what it is?
Sorry for the delay... The code depends on what year your car is, 20103 and 25327 are the codes I have for pre late 2015 and 2016 cars. For 2016 cars onwards I believe these codes no longer work and the new codes are yet to be found.

Anyone know how to enable the transmission to go into neutral when in efficiency mode? Did the ADS retrofit and don't think this is enabled.
Can I ask where / how you completed the retrofit? Check the following:

19 - Can Gateway
Long Coding
Byte 12
Bit 2 - Drive Program Function "Free Wheel/Clutch" Active

Can I ask where / how you completed the retrofit? Check the following:

19 - Can Gateway
Long Coding
Byte 12
Bit 2 - Drive Program Function "Free Wheel/Clutch" Active

Thank you for the information. Need to get ahold of a cable and then check out this coding.

But check out :
http://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ing-audi-drive-select-kinda-retrofit-2890532/

Bought the actual ads retrofit kit and had dealership enable. You'll need the center switch too which can be found on aliexpress pretty cheaply.

Reactions: DJAlix
Thank you for the information. Need to get ahold of a cable and then check out this coding.

But check out :
http://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ing-audi-drive-select-kinda-retrofit-2890532/

Bought the actual ads retrofit kit and had dealership enable. You'll need the center switch too which can be found on aliexpress pretty cheaply.
Very welcome:)

I would go back to the dealership to be honest as it would seem that have not installed / entered the SWaP codes correctly in order to activate all the ADS features.

Very welcome:)

I would go back to the dealership to be honest as it would seem that have not installed / entered the SWaP codes correctly in order to activate all the ADS features.
Finding a dealership that was willing to do the work was a battle. Even when i told the dealership that it wasn't engaging neutral they have me an excuse of "thats how it works". Been frustrating to get much support from (4 different) dealers as they don't want to be responsible for any wrong doings.

Finding a dealership that was willing to do the work was a battle. Even when i told the dealership that it wasn't engaging neutral they have me an excuse of "thats how it works". Been frustrating to get much support from (4 different) dealers as they don't want to be responsible for any wrong doings.
Who supplied you with the retrofit kit? I would have thought the suppling dealer would have been able to sort it for you as ODIS would guide them step by step through the process.

Problem with ADS retrofitting / coding without a dealer system is that only parts of the process, for the moment anyway, can be completed / referenced via VCDS and alike. A good chunk of the work is automatically completed / activated as and when the supplied licences are entered in to the Audi online system and the PR Codes are uploaded to the car.

If you are near London I can take a look at whats visible to see if anything looks out of place. ADS is a project I have been trying to reverse engineer for a while.

Who supplied you with the retrofit kit? I would have thought the suppling dealer would have been able to sort it for you as ODIS would guide them step by step through the process.

Problem with ADS retrofitting / coding without a dealer system is that only parts of the process, for the moment anyway, can be completed / referenced via VCDS and alike. A good chunk of the work is automatically completed / activated as and when the supplied licences are entered in to the Audi online system and the PR Codes are uploaded to the car.
Bought from another dealer on the east coast i believe, to get the cheaper price, no tax and free shipping.

The irony of this all is that the instructions are included, details all the steps but most of the dealers said they couldn't do it. Best part they said was that it would void my warranty... ya an Audi part, built specifically for the car... . I just gave up instead of trying to argue.

Bought from another dealer on the east coast i believe, to get the cheaper price, no tax and free shipping.

The irony of this all is that the instructions are included, details all the steps but most of the dealers said they couldn't do it. Best part they said was that it would void my warranty... ya an Audi part, built specifically for the car... . I just gave up instead of trying to argue.
Thats crazy lol I would be straight on to Audi of America. I know here in the UK 95% of dealers shy away from retrofits as 9 times out of 10 they are more hassle thani t's worth to them... but thats just amazing! You could always seek out a 3rd party garage to complete the works, as long as they are fully subscribed ODIS users. Is a good number out there.

Reactions: rcnacura
Thats crazy lol I would be straight on to Audi of America. I know here in the UK 95% of dealers shy away from retrofits as 9 times out of 10 they are more hassle thani t's worth to them... but thats just amazing! You could always seek out a 3rd party garage to complete the works, as long as they are fully subscribed ODIS users. Is a good number out there.
Ya that reminds me to write them a nice lengthy letter about my experience with Audi and how I've been quite disappointed overall. You'd think when buying a luxury brand you'd get somewhat of that experience but its been really like pulling teeth.

Hi DJAlix, I did enable front parking sensors, as per your earlier post, and they do work, they do not show the parking graphic on the MMI screen, just the warning tone, in slow or stopped traffic, is this the way they are supposed to work ?

Hi DJAlix, I did enable front parking sensors, as per your earlier post, and they do work, they do not show the parking graphic on the MMI screen, just the warning tone, in slow or stopped traffic, is this the way they are supposed to work ?

Same with mine. Doesn't reduce the radio volume either.

I prefer it as it is though. Would be annoying otherwise.

To be honest I have not tested the functionality as my own car does not have front sensors as yet. I have the parts but no time :(

Looking at the user manual, page 139 onwards, there should be a graphic and switching on will be via selecting reverse gear and or by pressing the button on the dash panel. I will do some further investigation in to this to see if we have missed any coding / adaptations and update later today.

has anyone enabled rear LED's for DRL? if so please shout

To be honest I have not tested the functionality as my own car does not have front sensors as yet. I have the parts but no time :(

Looking at the user manual, page 139 onwards, there should be a graphic and switching on will be via selecting reverse gear and or by pressing the button on the dash panel. I will do some further investigation in to this to see if we have missed any coding / adaptations and update later today.

Is this for auto on Front sensors ?

It is normal to get the tone only - still a very useful mod tho after my Leon they were auto on so not used to having to press a button for them.

Reactions: pburv
Ah gotcha - good we're talking the same thing then.

Yes normal behaviour. One of my top 5 favourite VCDS mods.

What's the coding to enable auto front sensors ? My golf did this but my s3 doesn't. I'm suprised that my s3 is missing allot of little useful features when compared to my golf mk7.

What's the coding to enable auto front sensors ? My golf did this but my s3 doesn't. I'm suprised that my s3 is missing allot of little useful features when compared to my golf mk7.

I have this at work - I'll post first thing if no-one posts in the meantime.

Has anyone been able to reverse the Auto stop feature. What I would like is for it to be off, but when the switch is activated it is on. Not permanently off.

Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle

Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> Select function 07
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

Reactions: pburv
Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle

Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> Select function 07
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

Thanks for the coding. Does this just activate the tone noise or does it bring up the whole sensor display ?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Sorry for the delay... The code depends on what year your car is, 20103 and 25327 are the codes I have for pre late 2015 and 2016 cars. For 2016 cars onwards I believe these codes no longer work and the new codes are yet to be found.
thanks I thought you forgot about me. :bye:

I just did it and since I have a full tank of gas I didn't see the gas led meter move but I am excited to see what happens in a hundred miles or so. ill calibrate it like I did my other cars, which I did mechanically with the gas tank bulb. it was way harder than this, I think?
code 20103 worked for me.

I have a 2015 sedan usa S3. not sure if you need the month as well.

since your able to get codes, I have another module that requires a code.
I'm looking for the code to open:
#3 ABS
#10 ADAPTION
(1) electromechnical parking brake - automatic application. set it to "disable"

in theory, I think this controls the handbrake automation. I want to disable it. the issue I have is when I have the car in "D" and open the drivers side door, the handbrake activates. I never want this automation to happen as I'm always checking curbs and space lines for parking.

Last edited:
thanks I thought you forgot about me. :bye:

I just did it and since I have a full tank of gas I didn't see the gas led meter move but I am excited to see what happens in a hundred miles or so. ill calibrate it like I did my other cars, which I did mechanically with the gas tank bulb. it was way harder than this, I think?
code 20103 worked for me.

I have a 2015 sedan usa S3. not sure if you need the month as well.

since your able to get codes, I have another module that requires a code.
I'm looking for the code to open:
#3 ABS
#10 ADAPTION
(1) electromechnical parking brake - automatic application. set it to "disable"

in theory, I think this controls the handbrake automation. I want to disable it. the issue I have is when I have the car in "D" and open the drivers side door, the handbrake activates. I never want this automation to happen as I'm always checking curbs and space lines for parking.
Not done this myself but good to know the code is working :) I know that my gauge is way off but I never let me cars go below ¼ of a tank so just ignore it.

I do have a working code finder application but am yet to use it in anger for fear of locking out my cars modules. Once I get a test network setup on a bench, am slowly collecting bits from eBay, I will be able to extract more information.

One of the biggest issues I have at the moment is security access to 03 - ABS. Modules like 5F have has a single code which secures all the related coding and adaptations but 03 has potentially one code for coding and then one code per adaptation channel! This cut and paste from my document explains it better:

Control module 03 - ABS uses a different security code per feature / Adaptation Channel. The following is a list of known codes however at this time it is not known which features they are for:
  • 20103 - Main Code
  • 25004 - Brake booster adaptation only
Please note:

Entering an incorrect security access code will often put a control module in to a state where it refuses to take any additional codes, even a correct one, for a period of time. The timer that counts down this “period of time” only runs when the ignition is on. It has been known for this period of time to be 1 Hour.

As yet no one that I know of has managed to map these codes to their adaptations channels with any success :(

Not done this myself but good to know the code is working :) I know that my gauge is way off but I never let me cars go below ¼ of a tank so just ignore it.

I do have a working code finder application but am yet to use it in anger for fear of locking out my cars modules. Once I get a test network setup on a bench, am slowly collecting bits from eBay, I will be able to extract more information.

One of the biggest issues I have at the moment is security access to 03 - ABS. Modules like 5F have has a single code which secures all the related coding and adaptations but 03 has potentially one code for coding and then one code per adaptation channel! This cut and paste from my document explains it better:

Control module 03 - ABS uses a different security code per feature / Adaptation Channel. The following is a list of known codes however at this time it is not known which features they are for:
  • 20103 - Main Code
  • 25004 - Brake booster adaptation only
Please note:

Entering an incorrect security access code will often put a control module in to a state where it refuses to take any additional codes, even a correct one, for a period of time. The timer that counts down this “period of time” only runs when the ignition is on. It has been known for this period of time to be 1 Hour.

As yet no one that I know of has managed to map these codes to their adaptations channels with any success :(

thanks for the help.
I hate guessing the gas tank actual range. going to buy gas is annoying to say the least and if I'm guessing how much is actually there makes me worried. I try to buy gas at the last moment, yeah I know its not good practice but the lines for fuel here is long and I try to space out the times I need to go there.

ok, so I just tried all the codes above.
most took it but there are three that didn't.
don't work:

as for the other codes, they took but when I tried to access the part I need in the ABS section, it says "access code required".
as for the time out, my car says leave the ignition on for ten minutes to reset.

do you have anymore codes?

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some help on getting b&o retrofitted, and was wondering of one you gents could help.

Everything has been setup and installed in the car, but it currently only outputs sound in the driver side (left here) and the center speaker.
Trying to change the speakers balance in the MMI does not make any difference.

Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some help on getting b&o retrofitted, and was wondering of one you gents could help.

Everything has been setup and installed in the car, but it currently only outputs sound in the driver side (left here) and the center speaker.
Trying to change the speakers balance in the MMI does not make any difference.

Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated :)
What MMI and Sound systems did your car come with? Could you post up your long coding for 5F also.

thanks for the help.
I hate guessing the gas tank actual range. going to buy gas is annoying to say the least and if I'm guessing how much is actually there makes me worried. I try to buy gas at the last moment, yeah I know its not good practice but the lines for fuel here is long and I try to space out the times I need to go there.

ok, so I just tried all the codes above.
most took it but there are three that didn't.
don't work:

as for the other codes, they took but when I tried to access the part I need in the ABS section, it says "access code required".
as for the time out, my car says leave the ignition on for ten minutes to reset.

do you have anymore codes?
Thanks for the update :( I have no further codes at the moment but am working on it, just need some play time :(

Thanks for the update :( I have no further codes at the moment but am working on it, just need some play time :(
awesome. keep me posted. I hope you are able to do it today or tomorrow as I have all the time today and early tomorrow morning to try out all your codes that you come up with.

What MMI and Sound systems did your car come with? Could you post up your long coding for 5F also.

Was a friend doing the coding, I'll see if I can get them. The car came with MMI high. We actually got in contact with a guy from Audi which said there might protection on it, so they try to bring it by Audi tomorrow and see if they can unlock it.

Have you done a similar upgrade?

Was a friend doing the coding, I'll see if I can get them. The car came with MMI high. We actually got in contact with a guy from Audi which said there might protection on it, so they try to bring it by Audi tomorrow and see if they can unlock it.

Have you done a similar upgrade?
I am not 100% sure as I have not completed this retrofit as yet but I don't believe there is CP on the sound system's parts, only on the MMI main unit and it's applications which you have not changed.

Would be good to see the long coding as there are a few settings relating to sound system type which Amp is in use etc which might not have been set correctly.

Keep us updated :)

Gents, seen anything like this before ?

reposted from ozaudi

VCDS theory to enable Siri/smartphone voice assistants
I’m new to Audi and love most aspects of my S3. But the lack of Siri support is astounding to say the least. I’ve seen other workarounds that aren’t ideal, but there is something that I haven’t seen tried and I’m hopeful someone in the community could test this before I spend $600 to grab a VCDS cable and test a theory.

Im fairly new to the whole VCDS thing, so I apologise if this is a lot to ask/too hard etc.

I have a theory that disabling the Voice command system might solve my Siri issue. There are multiple threads that say in some countries the A3 Cabriolet has voice command disabled due to the extra noise of the cabriolet interfering with the voice system. Their microphones work for phone calls, just no voice commands.
Many of these users use VCDS to ENABLE the voice system. Basically I want to test the opposite and DISABLE the system and see if it gives me Siri back. I’m happy to lose the Audi voice system - I think its terrible.

So if someone could test this I’d be extremely grateful (and I'm sure other S3 owners). It doesn’t have to be Siri even though I’d like to confirm this on an iPhone, but I believe other smartphone voice assistants have the same issue (they don’t work) so this is still worth trying.

Codes to change.
This is what I have seen on other forums for ENABLING voice
go to 5F module and look for byte 18:
1. Byte 18 - Bit 2 -> From 0 to 1
2. Byte 24 - Bit 1 -> From 0 to 1
3. Byte 18 - Bit 2 -> From 1 to 0
MMI reset

So my theory is that if you reverse it, it will DISABLE it
1. Byte 18 - Bit 2 -> From 1 to 0
2. Byte 24 - Bit 1 -> From 1 to 0
3. Byte 18 - Bit 2 -> From 0 to 1
MMI reset

How to do the test

Change the codes

• Confirm that voice recognition doesn’t work by pressing the voice button on your steering wheel. Let me know if something else happens (like it activates Siri).
  • Make a call to confirm the car microphone still works.
  • Activate Siri by holding your home button.
  • Ask Siri to call someone - can she hear you?
  • If you can confirm if she is using the cars internal mic or the phone mic that would help, but I actually don’t care if she doesn’t use the cars mic for commands (I do want phone calls to still use the car mic)
  • If Siri can’t hear you, try activating Siri again and when she is active press the voice button on your steering wheel to see if she can now hear you.

Anything else you think is worth testing feel free to share.
Really appreciate any assistance anyone can provide to test this theory. Thanks.

original post here

http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a3-s3-...-enable-siri-smartphone-voice-assistants.html

• Byte 18, bits 0 to 7 control the MMI Screen Boot Logo
  • Byte 24, bit 1 is all you would need in order to turn on/off SDS.
Personally I cannot see the turning off of SDS activating Siri but if anyone is in or around London who would like to test this I am more than happy to help out.

The only method I have seen to get Siri working within the car is to activate "Hey Siri" and to have your iPhone plugged in to change. There is another setting which I believe is untested at the moment and might add extra "Apple" functionality to the MMI:
  • 5F > Byte 19 > Bit 6/7 = C0 USB Configuration: USB & iPhone Functionality
I have AMI but no USB in my car. Am looking to retrofit this but it's gonna be a little while before I can test.

I am not 100% sure as I have not completed this retrofit as yet but I don't believe there is CP on the sound system's parts, only on the MMI main unit and it's applications which you have not changed.

Would be good to see the long coding as there are a few settings relating to sound system type which Amp is in use etc which might not have been set correctly.

Keep us updated :)

Will do :)