8V VCDS Mods

Changed my SWRA to 10 default is 8.

Doesn't increasing the brightness of the rear lights make the brake lights less obvious or does that increase by the same amount ?

Changed my SWRA to 10 default is 8.

Doesn't increasing the brightness of the rear lights make the brake lights less obvious or does that increase by the same amount ?
I guess brake lights will not increase.

Rear LED's was set to 80 for me, don't know why. I compared to other car owners' value. They were all set to 100

Reactions: Rob2k68
Reactions: Minion Bob!, Rob2k68, RYuill and 1 other person
Not a VCDS mod, but where to find your 'Launch Control Counter' if applicable to your car
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/613219-Launch-Control-Counter
Just been out to have a look at this out of curiosity and I can't find it on my S3.
Looked in 02-Auto Trans, 01-Engine, 03-ABS and 22-AWD nothing mentioned in Adv. Means. Blocks for Launch control in any of them.
Soooo....I'm taking this to mean there is no counter and I can use it as much as I want without Audi knowing :rockwoot:

p.s. Where have some of the smilies gone?!?!

Reactions: Blackwhite
Just been out to have a look at this out of curiosity and I can't find it on my S3.
Looked in 02-Auto Trans, 01-Engine, 03-ABS and 22-AWD nothing mentioned in Adv. Means. Blocks for Launch control in any of them.
Soooo....I'm taking this to mean there is no counter and I can use it as much as I want without Audi knowing :rockwoot:

p.s. Where have some of the smilies gone?!?!

Bring back the smilies! ( The best ones are gone ):cry:

Reactions: elpaulio
Any coding ideas for this:
Pressing Brake for Starting Engine Requirement

I don't have Keyless Start-Stop Engine Button BTW.

Disable Wink on A3 8V:

[09] Central Electronics
Access Code 31347
Adaptation-10
(18)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2 -- Set to xx% (xx = any number from 0-100)
(18)-Leuchte3SL VLB21-Dimmwert GH 3 -- Set to xx% (xx = any number from 0-100)

Just out of interest anyone running VCDS on a Microsoft Surface ?? Any issues ??

Just out of interest anyone running VCDS on a Microsoft Surface ?? Any issues ??
I am using it with Acer Aspire Switch 10. It is like Surface, Notebook+Tablet combo.
I connect cable with MicroUSB-to-USB converter. Work flawless.

That tablet is always in my car so I can use it whenever I want.

I'm recently switched to using VCDS on Surface and it works fine. I was having a lot of issues previously running it on VMWare on a Mac.

I am using it with Acer Aspire Switch 10. It is like Surface, Notebook+Tablet combo.
I connect cable with MicroUSB-to-USB converter. Work flawless.

That tablet is always in my car so I can use it whenever I want.

I'm recently switched to using VCDS on Surface and it works fine. I was having a lot of issues previously running it on VMWare on a Mac.

Thanks both think I'm going to go for one the laptop is too unwieldy really and takes too long to boot will be much easier with a surface but just wanted to check before taking the plunge.

Anyone tried the exhaust flap mod mentioned in this thread - ?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/does-your-s3-turn-heads.245466/page-2

It said this -

Exhaust flaps all open

===================
1 – Engine module
Exhaust Flaps deactivate
Byte 9
Bit 2 - Exhaust Flaps installed check box default activated – deactivate it and save as usual.

I tried this but I am still noticing my inner pipes blackening up since - guessing it doesnt work..... oh well, back to the sticky tape...

Reactions: monopole
Thanks both think I'm going to go for one the laptop is too unwieldy really and takes too long to boot will be much easier with a surface but just wanted to check before taking the plunge.
Only hard thing is clicking those small checkboxes :)
Especially for Advanced Reading part.

BTW, is it correct part to read fuel level?
17-Instruments > Advanced Reading >

13: Calculated volume-Fuel Level from Sensor 1

Am running on a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.10.4 with Parallels Desktop 10.0.2 and Win 7 without issue.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and amped2
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there anyway to change the drive select settings with vcds ?
I want to change the engine response in efficiency mode. I much prefer the steering in efficiency mode but would like more power to go with it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there anyway to change the drive select settings with vcds ?
I want to change the engine response in efficiency mode. I much prefer the steering in efficiency mode but would like more power to go with it.
There is an option / channel within Control Module 44 - Steering Assist called "Characteristic Curve of steering assistance" which should be a global setting. Looking at Control Module 01 - Engine there are no options / channels related to what you want, well in the current versions of VCDS anyway.

I would select the Drive Select preset you like engine wise then change this steering channel and see how you get on.

Thank you for that. I may give that a try.

Have been doing some further testing today with no luck. Rain closing works for windows only. So far people have been using the codes found on VW forums. Although they work If you have an Audi you should really revert them.

Here is a break down:

Byte 0 = The Sum of all activated features and adjustments
  • Bit 0 = Highway Light Function
  • Bit 1 = Rain Light Function
  • Bit 2 = Rain Closing
  • Bits 3 to 5 = Light Activation Threshold earlier (+20% to +80%)
So 07 = Bits 0, 1 and 2 are Active.

Byte's 1 and 2 (combined) = Vehicle Model

XX9597 = A Seat Alhambra (whatever the hell that is!)
XX805D = A Skoda Octavia
XXA8DD = A VW Golf (mk7)

From all the VCDS scans and data I have been sent I have found that ALL A/S3 8V Models and Variants are coded as 00006C from the factory. I have tested using 07006C and Rain closing works, all be it without including the sunroof. I would suggest reverting to this.

The way I see it the sunroof issue is one of three things:

1) The correct Make and Model codes need to be entered in to Byte 1 and 2, but from what I have seen so far all Audi A/S 3 models and variants with a RLFS are factory coded as 00006C. Maybe there is an additional code for models with a sunroof...

2) If XX-006C is correct then maybe there is a "bit" which denotes the Sunroof. (will not know this until RossTech update the label file).

3) Need to find a way to make the Rain Closing Menu Pop in the MMI. (Am betting there is a check box in there to include sunroof as Audi have also split out the options [front windows, rear windows, Sunroof] in all other Lock / comfort related menus).

With regards to number 3, I just tried a "Global" factory reset on all the cars systems as this seemed to work on Golf mk7's. All settings (Radio, Nav etc) have reverted back to factory but the "CAR" settings (Red Menu: Drive Select, Driver Assist, Locking etc) have been retained and on further digging around in fact there is no option to reset "CAR". I even looked in the Engineering menu but there is again no option
frown.png

Would anyone know how to perform a factory reset on the Audi "CAR" system?
I've tried this and it only closes the front windows, rears stay down and sunroof doesn't move. Also the long key press to close or open no longer works despite checking them in MMI.

Oh figured out why sunroof doesn't move - I've not got one...

... I'll get my coat...

Reactions: Dtwm1, Madmo and Phil-1
I've tried this and it only closes the front windows, rears stay down and sunroof doesn't move. Also the long key press to close or open no longer works despite checking them in MMI.

Oh figured out why sunroof doesn't move - I've not got one...

... I'll get my coat...
Not sure why that would happen but I would try deactivating and reactivating Comfort Opening / Closing in VCDS in order to try and "kick start" the rears back in to life. Not got my lap to hand but believe there is both global and "include" channels / adaptations.

Not sure why that would happen but I would try deactivating and reactivating Comfort Opening / Closing in VCDS in order to try and "kick start" the rears back in to life. Not got my lap to hand but believe there is both global and "include" channels / adaptations.

I did untick and tick those in the MMI but no joy.

Also I found once car is locked, wait for red led near wing mirror to start flashing then tap screen to mimic rain for testing purposes.

I did untick and tick those in the MMI but no joy.

Also I found once car is locked, wait for red led near wing mirror to start flashing then tap screen to mimic rain for testing purposes.
Which version of VCDS are you using? Have you tried returning the coding to the default 00006C and testing?

Cannot see how the coding would mess with the standard opening and closing to be honest as Rain Closing is an "addition" as opposed to a modification of any existing "comfort" coding, if you see what I mean.

If the options in the MMI are ticked I guess you could try a soft reset (hold bottom left selection button & jog wheel + press top right selection button, then release all) then test.

Failing that these are the VCDS channels are was talking about:

09- Central Elect
(1)-Access control 2-Komfortbedienung global
(2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening
(3)-Access control 2-Comfort closing

*UK Factory Default = All are set to "Active".

Deactivate > unplug > lock car > Activate > unplug > Test.

Only other thing I can think of is if you were making any other changes at the time? There is a bug in VCDS at the moment (a good one mind you) that records all changes to the change log automatically without having to press the log button, might be worth a look.

Reactions: Helifella
Beta 15.6.0 now available for download.

Reactions: lucas-suisse
Is it possible to retrofit the hold assist? They sell the button in Ebay and then is it possible to install it for free with VCDS?

Not researched the physicals of this but assuming that all the wires are in place then it should be possible, if not then you would need to rip out the center console. I watched my dealer replace mine as it was not fitted correctly from the factory and it was a big job, first time my dealer had done it as well. Did not really look for additional cables at the time but I can reference ElsaWin when I have some time later today if you want.

On the VCDS side of things there are multiple Security Access Codes for the "03 - ABS Brakes Control Module" which have as yet not been fully mapped out. This mod could prove to be a huge pain in the bum to activate. Saying that it looks like only one channel needs activating:
  • AUTO HOLD Functionality = not activated (change to activated)
The following are also related:
  • AUTO HOLD increase threshold; full tensioning force = 10.0%
  • AUTO HOLD increase threshold; reduced tensioning force = 0%
  • AUTO HOLD slippage recognition = activated

Reactions: ChiYoung
Does anyone have working code for the cornering fog lights? I've tried the one on stemei.de but it just brings my fogs on whenever the dipped beam are activated

Not researched the physicals of this but assuming that all the wires are in place then it should be possible, if not then you would need to rip out the center console. I watched my dealer replace mine as it was not fitted correctly from the factory and it was a big job, first time my dealer had done it as well. Did not really look for additional cables at the time but I can reference ElsaWin when I have some time later today if you want.

On the VCDS side of things there are multiple Security Access Codes for the "03 - ABS Brakes Control Module" which have as yet not been fully mapped out. This mod could prove to be a huge pain in the bum to activate. Saying that it looks like only one channel needs activating:
  • AUTO HOLD Functionality = not activated (change to activated)
The following are also related:
  • AUTO HOLD increase threshold; full tensioning force = 10.0%
  • AUTO HOLD increase threshold; reduced tensioning force = 0%
  • AUTO HOLD slippage recognition = activated

This is something that i would also be interested in :)

I don't have a portable windows device but am interested in getting VCDS. Does VCDS mobile work well enough?

change the words
Does anyone have working code for the cornering fog lights? I've tried the one on stemei.de but it just brings my fogs on whenever the dipped beam are activated
abblendlitch to abbiegelicht in your coding and try again.
Dont know if I wrote those words right anyway.

Reactions: MA3RC
My Notes:

1. Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
2. STG access permissions -> Function 16

3. Enter the unlock code 31347

4. STG adjustment -> Function 10

5. Select a channel (5) Leuchte12NL LB45-light function B12

6. Adjust Value Abbiegelicht links (Default = Not Active)

1. Select a channel (5) Leuchte13NL RB5 light function B13
2. Adjust Value Abbiegelicht rechts (Default = Not Active)

1. Select a channel (2) static AFS light-Vorschrift
2 Adjust value to ECE R119

As ChiYoung said above, make sure you select "Abbiegelicht" and not "Abblendlitch". I selected "Abblendlitch" the first time I coded and my Fog Lights would turn on with my dipped beam.

Reactions: MA3RC
I don't have a portable windows device but am interested in getting VCDS. Does VCDS mobile work well enough?
From what I have been reading it seems to work ok but it's early days. Head over to the RossTech forums for more reading.

Reactions: michael-s3
Two requests for me:

1) Please can someone local to West Sussex enable oil temp in all scrolling menus;

2) Please can someone enable 2.5 TFSi mode within engine bay.

Thankyouplease.

In the document, in the factory options installed on the test car, one can read: "Standard MMI Radio, SD Card Navigation"
What does that mean? Is it a car that is sold without nav but you can add nav (basically all the hardware is there, just missing maps) by using an SD Card?
Here in Canada, you either get Nav and have the MMI High or you don't get nav and have the MMI Radio (which i have in my S3, MMI Radio (5.8 inch screen) (8V0 035 878)).

Last edited:
Reactions: DJAlix and batch

Not heard of VCDS mobile before is it available in the UK ?, no mention of it on Ilexa or Gendan web sites.

In the document, in the factory options installed on the test car, one can read: "Standard MMI Radio, SD Card Navigation"
What does that mean? Is it a car that is sold without nav but you can add nav (basically all the hardware is there, just missing maps) by using an SD Card?
Here in Canada, you either get Nav and have the MMI High or you don't get nav and have the MMI Radio (which i have in my S3, MMI Radio (5.8 inch screen) (8V0 035 878)).

Basically all the hardware is there, just missing maps. 5.8 inch screen.

Not heard of VCDS mobile before is it available in the UK ?, no mention of it on Ilexa or Gendan web sites.
It's in public Beta at the moment, so only available from RossTech direct.

Reactions: betoA3 and Rob2k68