1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

8V VCDS Mods

Silky-S3 Jan 5, 2014

1. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Get yourself added to the VCDS map if you have not already.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. mark holloway

mark holloway Registered User

Auto summer time clock adjust. Is this possible on the PFL A3 8V? If so, what's the coding please.

4. DannyRS3

DannyRS3 Registered User

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the winking DRLs when the turn signal is on, on a matrix headlight equipped RS3 (2019)?

5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

cannot be done via traditional coding

6. DannyRS3

DannyRS3 Registered User

Thanks very much for the reply Alix. Saves a lot of time and further reading on the subject! Your contributions to the (many) forums on coding is hugely appreciated by us all :)

Fatbloke and pburv like this.
  7. glospete

glospete Registered User

Hi Mark

Yes I've done it on my 2014 PFL A3 8V. You'll need to make some changes using a VCDS cable (genuine not a knock-off!):

1. 5F - Information Elect.
    2 Adaptatopm - 10
    3. Channel = Summertime automatic
    4. Enter New Value

Possible Values:
    • None
    • Manual
    • Europe (Automatic)
    • USA
    • Automatic (does not work - Request out of Range error)
    NB - Audi UK Default = Manual

Now using the Europe (Automatic) setting the DST changes automatically.

Hope this helps, but of course usual disclaimer applies (i.e. don't blame me if something goes wrong!)
    Peter

Marky79 likes this.
  8. Marky79

Marky79 Registered User

That’s a handy one I’ve not seen posted anywhere before. Something new to code. LOL.
    Cheers.

9. DannyRS3

DannyRS3 Registered User

I'm trying to change the wiper washer time for the front wipers (not headlights), and found under Module 9 > Front Washer > Mindestwaschzeit_Frontwischer with a current value of 2000ms. The input allows only 0-31 so I'm loathed to change it and not be able to set it back. Does anyone know how 0-31 translates to milliseconds, or is this put just formatted incorrectly on OBDEleven?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  10. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

I changed mine back in 17 when I got the car, think 500ms is the lowest it’ll go. Makes a difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyRS3 likes this.
  11. DannyRS3

DannyRS3 Registered User

Problem might be specific to OBDEleven. The input box is for the value of 0-31 and not in milliseconds like on VCDS on older models for some reason. Just can't work out how that translates to time.

IMG_1947.PNG

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

Not sure as I don’t use OBD11.

Seems too hit and miss to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk