8V VCDS Mods

Victor.italy

[QUOTE = "m rol, post: 3568549, membro: 121958"] Collega odis e dai un'occhiata. Il servizio Odis è la soluzione migliore. Questi sono rari su A3 ... VCDS non avrà la codifica corretta ... Immagino che siano collegati al modulo della porta .. Potrebbe anche essere il bcm (illuminazione del cruscotto) Come ultima risorsa potresti anche provare a cambiare la maniglia della porta / luci portabicchieri per alimentare questi ..

Mi sono sempre chiesto come sono collegati ...

Trovato su ali ..
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000384050363.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.2.642a2647FFUKsT&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.14977.161853.0&scm_id=1007.14977.161853.0&scm-url=1007.14977.161853.0&pvid=7050fe5e-eb67 -4724-997f-7311dc158f10 & _t = gps-id : pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller, scm-url: 1007.14977.161853.0, pvid: 7050fe5e-eb67-4724-997f-7311dc158f10, tpp_buckets: 5968 # 1688 # 6668 # 666 # 3325 # 12_668 # 2717 # 7564 # 614

Qualche idea su come programmare questi ??

Inoltre, perché ho una porta a 3 .. questi non si adatteranno .. Qualcuno sa un modo per adattarsi a 3 drs ??
Il venditore non vuole aiutare .. Immagino che i modelli 3dr non siano venduti lì .. [/ QUOTE]
I don't know, mine are original audi. I know that other a3s keep them accessible even during the night march, mine doesn't :(

Monkeychops

Tried searching for this but with all the talk of enabling visual parking hard to see if there’s any results ;)

Does anyone have the info on how to code in auto activation of the front parking sensors?

Had this on my previous Golf and missing it on the RS3, would like them to come on automatically when slowly approaching something rather than having to hit the button, thanks!

pop80_uk

Tried searching for this but with all the talk of enabling visual parking hard to see if there’s any results ;)

Does anyone have the info on how to code in auto activation of the front parking sensors?

Had this on my previous Golf and missing it on the RS3, would like them to come on automatically when slowly approaching something rather than having to hit the button, thanks!

Do you have Ross Tech?
I have the instruction sheet somewhere, I will try and dig it out for you.

Its quite easy though.

pop80_uk

It’ll be using a Rosstech cable yes, not purchased yet though

Wanted to make sure it could be done before buying!

It can 100% be done, I retrofitted the front parking sensors to my A3 8V Sline (before buying my current S3) and its in the coding, you can also change the speed which is activates from, so below 8mph my front sensors activate.

If you drop me a PM when you have your Ross tech I will send you some instructions

Thanks

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

• 10 - Park Assist
  • Security Access = 71679
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 3
  • Activate Bit 4

Marky79

Another odd one, I can’t get the blinkers to flash conformation of comfort closing completing successfully. Any ideas?

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Another odd one, I can’t get the blinkers to flash conformation of comfort closing completing successfully. Any ideas?
Would help if you can tell us what steps you have taken in order to try and activate the feature...

Marky79

Would help if you can tell us what steps you have taken in order to try and activate the feature...
Sorry, at first I presumed it would be a given, the car came with global closing already, but after reading that they should blink on confirmation I thought I’d try coding it but not sure where to check.

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Sorry, at first I presumed it would be a given, the car came with global closing already, but after reading that they should blink on confirmation I thought I’d try coding it but not sure where to check.
Standard feature on VW’s but not on Audi’s unfortunately.

adaptations in 09 and search for and activate:

gptische Rueckmeldung Komfortschliessen

Monkeychops

Cheers guys, much appreciated!

Will drop you a message pop if I get stuck ;)

Well I ended up with an OBDeleven device to play around with, whilst it can do long coding it doesn't show control module 10 (it has module 76 'parking assist' but think this is something differnt?) so can't do the coding, balls.

Will have to get hold of a VCDS cable or the like to code it in instead.

Last edited:

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Also I asked the OBDeleven people about control unit 10 not showing, the reply I got was that there is no control unit 10 for my car.

Doesn't instill the most confidence in them!
Control unit 10 and 76 are the same thing, just identified differently within different tools / applications.

Monkeychops

Control unit 10 and 76 are the same thing, just identified differently within different tools / applications.

Ah didn't know that, thanks!

So I should just be able to go into 76 and change byte 3 to activate bit 4, then is there anything else I need to do or does the auto front sensors thing just start working? :)

Thanks again!

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Ah didn't know that, thanks!

So I should just be able to go into 76 and change byte 3 to activate bit 4, then is there anything else I need to do or does the auto front sensors thing just start working? :)

Thanks again!
Make the coding change, turn off the car and lock for 5 mins, then unlock and test.

ga0887

Hoping for a little help. I have a 2015 S3 and am trying to have only the DRL come on for CH/LH. I have made the following changes in VCDS and am still having the low beam come on.

Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Not active
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Not active
Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> Fog light

I've searched this thread and am stumped... any suggestions?

Lehn

Hoping for a little help. I have a 2015 S3 and am trying to have only the DRL come on for CH/LH. I have made the following changes in VCDS and am still having the low beam come on.

Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Not active
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Not active
Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> Fog light

I've searched this thread and am stumped... any suggestions?

Try doing it like this:
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimmwert CD 6 -> Value 0
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimming Direction CD 6 -> Minimize

Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimmwert CD 7 -> Value 0
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimming Direction CD 7 -> Minimize

And change back Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten to the value it was before.

This works for Golf 7 but I don't know about Audi.

davethaboss

Does anyone know if it is possible to intiatie convenience open / open all windows / sunroof from the door handle?

That is to say:

If I press and hold the unlock button on the keyfob all the windows roll down. Can I in theory do the same thing but, instead when going to unlock the car I keep my hand underneath the door handle and hold it there to roll the windows down. Is this possible?

Also, during convenience open/close from the keyfob is there a way to open the sunroof fully instead of just tilting it up? Is there a way to code this in?

I have a 2017 S3 btw as a reference.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

ga0887

Try doing it like this:
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimmwert CD 6 -> Value 0
Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimming Direction CD 6 -> Minimize

Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 -> Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimmwert CD 7 -> Value 0
Leuchte7ABL RB1-Dimming Direction CD 7 -> Minimize

And change back Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten to the value it was before.

This works for Golf 7 but I don't know about Audi.

This worked! Thank you!!

Monkeychops

Been trying to get the auto front parking sensors coded in my 2016 RS3 as above and an giving up for now ;)

Using the OBD11 I’ve coded the right bit as had very kindly been provided above, but it doesn’t seem to have done anything.

May revisit this if/when I buy a proper VCDS cable in future!

ga0887

Question for those who have retrofitted the puddle/warning lamps or those whose cars came with them installed.

Is the functionality of these lights such that anytime you open the doors the lights are activated? i.e. they will turn on during the daylight?

And if that is the default operation is there a way to code them so that they only activate at night? Link to automatic headlights perhaps?

rafletcher

Question for those who have retrofitted the puddle/warning lamps or those whose cars came with them installed.

Is the functionality of these lights such that anytime you open the doors the lights are activated? i.e. they will turn on during the daylight?

And if that is the default operation is there a way to code them so that they only activate at night? Link to automatic headlights perhaps?

Yep, always on when you open the door. No idea about disabling them, but as you don’t really see them in daylight, why bother?

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
@DJAlix created it, I’m sure it was pulled as people were being rather cheeky, to put it lightly.
Correct, although I would have used more colourful language.

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Fxck people are assholes!! I have a Ross Tech cable for my wife’s SQ5 and my RS3. I just like trying new things but need to know a few things before confident to try new stuff. Would love to see it. You recon he’ll PM it to me?

I’ve been a long time lurker new posting here. Usually I’m. Over at OZ Audi.
document longer exists.

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
E
Excuse my ignorance. What were people doing that was so bad? I read somewhere that some **** wad was charging people for modding their cars. Was that it?

I’ve seen other documents in the S5/RS5 and a few more that fellow members were compiling.
I created a document and I did not like how it was being used so I withdrew and then deleted it.

If others want to create documents and guides that’s up to them.

davethaboss

I feel like I have asked this like 3 times in different threads.

1. Can you open the sunroof fully with convenience open?

2. Can you open all windows from the door handle. You can hold the lock button on the door handle to close all windows, I was just curious to know if you could keep your hand underneath the handle and bring all the windows down. Then again the sensor might not be searching for values during that time, idk.

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
I still do not understand what happened. Is this a case of job security? In other words, someone is worried that because these mods are public they won't be able to charge people to program them in now?

Nothing to understand. I did not like how the document was being used so I pulled it, simples.

There are loads of mods for the MQB platform documented and detailed here, other forums, YouTube and all over the internet for anyone to find.

PaulWhitt82

My guess Would be to keep his license for tools and codes reserved for dealer or authorized businesses such as himself as they probably don’t like such info being out there

otherwise you would just remove rather than destroy

other thought could be implications if something went wrong and guides where provided by him/his business

rafletcher

Can you be a little more specific? All you’ve said so far is “I don’t like how it was being used” or the like.
I’m sure if you’re more specific people will let it rest. I’m very curious. How was it being misused??

Sorry, but why does someone who runs a business coding VAG cars have to explain to you anything to do with what he does with the knowledge he has? It's his business, he's not a charity.

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Can you be a little more specific? All you’ve said so far is “I don’t like how it was being used” or the like.
I’m sure if you’re more specific people will let it rest. I’m very curious. How was it being misused??
No.

My guess Would be to keep his license for tools and codes reserved for dealer or authorized businesses such as himself as they probably don’t like such info being out there

otherwise you would just remove rather than destroy

Modifications are well detailed both here and across the internet for anyone that wants knows how to use a browser and search engine.

other thought could be implications if something went wrong and guides where provided by him/his business

indeed

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Well I don’t know that do I? I’m quite new here. He can tell me to f... off if he likes. I’m not being difficult, it seems to me hes being a little illusive.
Just tell me to mind my own business. Don’t sit on the fence. I’ll tell you if you’re a f.ckwit.
If you use this forum correctly, ie in a browser and not an app etc, you will see that people have signatures at the end of their posts... mine says VAG Car Coding Limited. I sit on the fence because I don’t like to tell people to FO, but am getting there

Lehn

Understood, and like I’ve said before I respect your decision, be it for business or personal not to publish the list.

From my guess, a competition or someone was using the list to charge people to change things on their cars. Am I close?

By the way, where is your business based??

Honestly, we're here to talk about cars and help each other so please mind your own business and use this thread as intended.

I have made my own "cheatsheet" document with the help from DJAlix, this forum in general, several hours of Googling etc. and at the beginning of reading this thread I felt like sharing it but not now - I know you're not asking for it but this is how far you get with that attitude.

And if you would use just two seconds to either follow the link in DJAlix's signature or search for "VAG Car Coding Limited" on Google you would find that he provides coding in:

London, United Kingdom (All Coding and Retrofit Services)
Leicester, United Kingdom (Selected Coding and Retrofit Services)
Lamia, Greece (Selected Coding Services)

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
I’m gona give you one more opportunity to read back through my posts and see how my “Attitude” was inappropriate? I was asking a question. I have a cable for my car. I help anyone in my area who wants help.

If you had a file why didn’t you say you had one?
I’m happy with my car and yes I’ve done all the research myself. I just help others with their cars, and no not for money. That’s why I asked for the file.
Why would you even keep stuff like that for yourself anyway.

Note: not that I wanted to let people know that I help people for the love of it but you guys assume.....
Am gonna ask that this subject is now dropped, at least here, as it’s off topic. You want to carry on this discussion? Start a new thread.

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
@Sandra

any chance we can get this thread cleaned up?